The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2015, 04:13 AM   #721
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Megan is seen laughing when pushing Raph so.. it's a joke push or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
C'mon, you can try harder than that.
Why try hard when you're already

*puts sunglasses*

HARDCORE
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 04:23 AM   #722
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
I think I got trolled hard.
Amaranthus is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #723
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
This. Exactly this.

The Turtles are bullet proof and super strong. There is officially no tension or legitimate threat that the police could provide so the scene is completely pointless.



This too.

Except exposing them to the world and getting the whole city looking for them which would be very bad for them and Splinter and would obviously lead to some long term issues and potentially harsh measures (I mean they can take a lot but they aren't immortal. Can't beat them with regular weapons I would imagine it would only be a matter of time until they try something 'bigger'). But in the end all the potential threats don't have to be physical. Exposing them and making them public enemy number 1 would be a massive threat to their lives.

Last edited by newhire13; 05-14-2015 at 06:09 AM.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:10 AM   #724
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Except exposing them to the world and getting the whole city looking for them which would be very bad for them and Splinter and would obviously lead to some long term issues and potentially harsh measures (I mean they can take a lot but they aren't immortal. Can't beat them with regular weapons I would imagine it would only be a matter of time until they try something 'bigger'). All the potential threats don't have to be physical.


And there's the problem. It's going to get ridiculous when all they had to do was make the Turtles not seven feet tall, super strong, and bulletproof. That's all.

But nope.

Quote:
Exposing them and making them public enemy number 1 would be a massive threat to their lives.
Until the inevitable "oh they're actually good guys everyone hey we can stop hating them now" realization/cliche which runs antithesis of the core of the Turtles operating in secret, in shadow, out of the public eye.

Can't wait for that trainwreck.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #725
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Who knows. For all we know it could be like the original cartoon when some people were for them and others against them as they continued trying to lay low. Guess we'll see.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:26 AM   #726
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Who knows. For all we know it could be like the original cartoon when some people were for them and others against them as they continued trying to lay low. Guess we'll see.
Yeah probably.

Doesn't stop it from being dumb.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #727
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Yeah probably.

Doesn't stop it from being dumb.
So your problem with this is that it's dumb? Then why in the holy mother of f#ck are you so invested in a series called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Have you even said that name out loud?
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:38 AM   #728
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
So your problem with this is that it's dumb? Then why in the holy mother of f#ck are you so invested in a series called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Have you even said that name out loud?
You know what's dumb? A billionaire orphan who goes out at night dressed as a giant bat and punches criminals.

Treated seriously enough to be around for 75 years and make billions in GOOD movies(especially recently).

Just because the boiled down core of something is silly/dumb, doesn't mean everything about it has to be.

I care enough about this franchise and these characters to want more out of it. I've been given that every so often in various forms.

Wish I could say the same for some people here.

Certainly not getting it out of these movies.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #729
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
There's so many things you can do with the turtles and so many ways to spin the story which is probably one of the best things about them. Every version are hits for some while being misses for others. Doesn't take anything away from either side If you prefer one over the other and I don't think it makes anyone less of a caring fan because they got something they liked out of one version over the other, or vice versa. To each their own.

For me there are things I liked about the first movie and things I hated. I'm curious and excited to see how they expand this version though, because there is potentially a lot they could do. I won't lose sleep if they don't but for me , as a fan, I'm always willing to keep an open mind. That's just how I'm approaching this, and there's nothing wrong with that.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #730
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I won't lose sleep if they don't but for me , as a fan, I'm always willing to keep an open mind. That's just how I'm approaching this, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I don't really care.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 AM   #731
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I don't really care.
Well it's your right not to.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #732
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
crying over upcoming kids film
Someone hand him a tissue. He still thinks whinging on a message board daily is gonna somehow change how these films turn out (don't bother voicing your opinion back though, he doesn't care).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
That's just how I'm approaching this, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Exactly, dude. Nothing wrong with taking genuine interest in an upcoming Ninja Turtles movie, on a Ninja Turtles board. I'm fully aware that I too may not like the end product. I've seen what a sequel with Bay behind it can look like & the results are ugly (Bad Boys II/Revenge Of The Fallen), but no friggin way I'm gonna spend the next 12 months in hate-mode, fearing the worst. If anything, with summer movies this can be the most enjoyable part of the whole process where you take the info given, speculate & make up your own movie in your head.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #733
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Apparently Harvey Keitel visited the set with his family, But I dont think he's part of the movie.



__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-14-2015 at 09:14 AM.
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #734
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Someone hand him a tissue. He still thinks whinging on a message board daily is gonna somehow change how these films turn out (don't bother voicing your opinion back though, he doesn't care).
Know what's sadder and more pathetic than whining? Whining about whining.

Go photoshop some more super totes cool pictures of yourself bruh.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #735
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Alright! Back on Topic!

Looks like the Turtles are in a standoff with the police.



__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #736
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
I like that last picture, looks like Leo may be trying to talk the police down. Guns may not be able to take them down but I like the idea that they'd still attempt to avoid an unneeded confrontation.
newhire13 is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #737
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I like that last picture, looks like Leo may be trying to talk the police down. Guns may not be able to take them down but I like the idea that they'd still attempt to avoid an unneeded confrontation.
Yeah, It looks like Leo is reasoning with the Cops.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:20 AM   #738
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I don't really care.
Yes you do.
__________________
xChri5x is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #739
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Know what's sadder and more pathetic than whining? Whining about whining.

Go photoshop some more super totes cool pictures of yourself bruh.
Allll good bruh, I will do that and you can continue hiding photos of yourself from here, for painfully obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, It looks like Leo is reasoning with the Cops.
YES. That's what I wanna see more of; Leo being front & centre!
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #740
Amaranthus
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West-Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Allll good bruh, I will do that and you can continue hiding photos of yourself from here, for painfully obvious reasons.
lmao what?
Are you seriously implying he's insecure just because he doesn't post pictures of himself?
I love it when people get all defensive.
Amaranthus is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, tigerclaw is cybercubed, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.