The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2015, 07:31 AM   #361
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Gamestop's doing a preorder event on Saturday [8/8] for a 3-pack of Duck Hunt, ROB, and Game and Watch amiibo. Doors open at 9am, one per customer, 5 dollars down minimum. No other amiibo have been confirmed for 8/8 yet.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #362
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
More deets

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/eve...o-reservation/

Stores open one hour early [idr when Gamestop opens, I think 10am] but you should probably call your local store tomorrow and ask for details on how they're doing this.

ALSO THE GREY THEY USED ON ROB'S PACKAGING IS SERIOUSLY ****ING SEXY i like that colour
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #363
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
The retro 3-pack officially makes me give up on Amiibo.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #364
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
I don't like that Pixel Mario. Something seems off about him.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:09 PM   #365
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The retro 3-pack officially makes me give up on Amiibo.
Is it that in box collectors can no longer display the roster, or because now GameStop has five exclusive amiibo?

Or both?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #366
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Let's just go with all of the above and give it a uniquely Canadian twist and we're good.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #367
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Gamestop, 9am tomorrow! Who's going to be hunting? I will be!
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #368
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Gamestop, 9am tomorrow! Who's going to be hunting? I will be!
I would like to, but I need some more cash. I spent it on getting some games from the Nintendo E-Shop.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #369
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
You do know this is a standard pre-order, yeah? You can put $5 down on it.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #370
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
I have to admit, the store exclusives are getting way better. Palutena was up for an hour, Jigglypuff got a huge online restock that lasted a whole week and now just got another one (she's on Target.com with free shipping right now), Ness got a large in-store restock, Best Buy had like 50 Dark Pits per store, and I was able to get a 3-pack preorder this morning without even camping or anything. There were at least 30 in most stores.

....which is good, considering the rumors that Dr. Mario will be a Target exclusive, Bowser Jr. will be a TRU exclusive, and Blue Yarn Yoshi will be exclusive to an unknown store.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #371
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I'm importing my Dr Mario and Bowser Jr as soon as I get the money. [Two birthdays and a psychiatrist visit I still need to deal with first...] Luckily I can steadily add to my preorder deposit on the three-pack.

And I found a lone little Toad at Gamestop while I was there today so I just HAD to grab it while it was there. Our store got 32 of them, and there were only three people at the store when it opened. The Ness restocks stayed there for quite a while, too. I'm so glad amiibo hunters don't camp at my store, I'm never disclosing its location, ever.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #372
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Is Toad still hard to find? I see him everywhere. Just wish I could find a Samus.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #373
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
You do know this is a standard pre-order, yeah? You can put $5 down on it.
Holy crap I am stupid. I wanna get Bowser Jr., though.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #374
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Our store got 32 of them, and there were only three people at the store when it opened. The Ness restocks stayed there for quite a while, too. I'm so glad amiibo hunters don't camp at my store, I'm never disclosing its location, ever.
This was apparently pretty common everywhere. Amiibo Reddit for US and CAN was covered in photos over 3 to 0 people in line at most locations. We may finally be reaching the point where camping is unnecessary for exclusives, both because of an increase in stock and a decrease in interest. Though TRU will probably continue to sh*t the bed on exclusives and Wal-Mart being in the exclusive game here in Canada is a nightmare on another level.

Like I said before, I didn't even bother with any of this. Not that I could have if I wanted to, because I had wedding appointments all day, but even when I woke up and saw the news of these things being well stocked with zero lines I felt no inclination to go.

Feels freeing as sh*t.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #375
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Is Toad still hard to find? I see him everywhere. Just wish I could find a Samus.
I've seen Samus here and there. I'd only seen Toad once, and that was the one I grabbed.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #376
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I've seen Samus here and there. I'd only seen Toad once, and that was the one I grabbed.
Alrighty then. Guess I'm heading to Texas.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #377
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Sorry for the double post, but if anyone missed out on pre-orders for the retro 3 pack, they're up on Gamestop's website. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/...clusive/123757

Also TRU is having buy one get one 40% off this week, I just got Sonic and SSB Yoshi. (And Mega Man came in the mail today. And I preordered the 3 pack. Damn these things are addicting.)
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #378
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I hope they're still on sale when I get paid, I'd like to grab Toon Link and Diddy Kong since I don't have them yet.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #379
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Gamestop, 9am tomorrow! Who's going to be hunting? I will be!
my brother went, he secured his pack and mario maker pre-order as well
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #380
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Ugh. Uuuuughh.

There's word going around that a Walmart employee gave some amiibo info.
Adapter comes out Sept. 25th. But that's not the bad part.

Yoshi's Wooly World is coming in two editions: game only and amiibo and game bundle. The green yarn Yoshi amiibo will only be available in the bundle.
And they are carrying the light blue yarn Yoshi amiibo, even though no other store has it in their system besides them. Blue being Walmart's color. Light blue Yarn Yoshi exclusive to Walmart.

of course it could be false, but if it's not...KILL ME NOW
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.