The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #101
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
It ain't the best design, true. But I still say that some serious Apoca-Lips would help a bunch.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/ne...ypse_68373.jpg
I mean, c'mon Singer, it's in the name! It's in the bloody name!!!!

Lipsey has a very intimidating look in the comics...it's pretty damn iconic.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #102
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
But the front row? on a second date? If you did that, you've got a brass set man. I can respect that!

Oh, and B&R will be impossibly huge, with terrible cgi. And the Turtles still look hideously wrong.
Firstly, thank you. LOL

Secondly, I am already expecting B&R to look hideous. Have you seen the original CG versions of the Transformers - beautifully simply, not a crap ton of moving parts, its really a shame that Bay gave the order to 'complicate' them for no reason at all.

EARLY TEST FOOTAGE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Those are some pretty big bandaids you're affixing sir.

Action has to have a purpose and context, neither of which were present in PDMT, so, no, the action wasn't intense at all. I was bored, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
it didnt help that the trailers showed 95% of the action...so agree pd turtles did not deliver in intense action..especially when some of it was shakey cam

and not even ninja like
Have to agree to disagree with you guys ... Splinter vs the Foot, Shredder, imo, has levity, and more emotion in that one sequence, than in the entire film. It was probably the only sequence in the film that had the RAID-like action that Eastman was boasting about, and I'm a huge snob for well done choreography.

What really bummed me out was, when the stuntmen released behind the scenes looks at the sequences planned, those sequences were far and away much better than the ones used.

check out stuntman, DANIEL GRAHAM's action reel, in it he showcases some unused choreography for Donatello vs The Foot, that looked freaking amazing:

My hope is with a new director he doesnt makes the same mistakes. Before you say it, i know is wishful thinking

Last edited by graphic_content; 11-24-2015 at 03:58 PM.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #103
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footage - at all. It's fan art, done by an artist looking to get hired. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully, ever.
nothings certain in this life but death, taxes, and internet lies.

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we saw a fraction of. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and, terrible cgi, and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists. I've looked that their collective contribution to movies in the last 5 years - directly responsible for the worst of that slate.

But here's the question - what's the relationship between Splinter and Shredder? How do they even know each other? Why does a lab rat instantly recognize a giant metal robot man he's never met?

while I'm distracted by this, a fight takes place, but I don't care anymore because I'm pulled out of the movie.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 11-24-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #104
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footag - at all. It's fan art. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully.

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we did see. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists.

But here's the question - what's the relationship between Splinter and Shredder? How do they even know each other? Why does a lab rat instantly recognize a giant metal robot man he's never met?

while I'm distracted by this, a fight takes place, but I don't care anymore because I'm pulled out of the movie.
Are we sure that the G1 Prime is fan art? I only contest you because I was a computer graphics student at the time this was released, and the cg-community was going crazy over this, and it was widely accepted that it was from ILM, during the early stages of Transformers. But hey, it could all be a hoax.

But I have to concede on your second point - they obviously shoe-horned the Oroku Saki element at the last second, and by doing so, completely removed the emotional tie, Splinter had with the Shredder (who was supposed to be Sachs in the original version). So while I agree there was no personal intensity between the two during their fight, for me, the intensity came from his parental perspective of sacrificing himself for his "children".
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #105
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
its fan art, if i remember right its from a student from the art institutes...i remember cause my teachers loved to flaunt that this could be you by the end of the year


and thats how they got their money
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #106
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
If it's fan made... just makes me wish more that certain film makers weren't so opposed to doing some frigging research into what fans/potential viewers seem to lean toward.

Were it like that, I might have actually watched the Transformers films. At this point, I've only seen pieces of the first. The designs are just visually way too annoyingly busy to me; it's annoying to look at.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #107
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Are we sure that the G1 Prime is fan art? I only contest you because I was a computer graphics student at the time this was released, and the cg-community was going crazy over this, and it was widely accepted that it was from ILM, during the early stages of Transformers. But hey, it could all be a hoax.
100% a fan art piece. early Optimus ILM looked like this:






Remember?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #108
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
going to sound hypocritcal i know

but i actually dont mind the final in film bayformer designs, at least the autobots look fine to me

then again i didnt really get into transformers until beast wars

THAT SAID, i remember when transformers was first announced they actually released a special about how they did research on the transformers..

they actually measured and did the math so that the robots believably could fit within the car bodies

sure something happened but they showed potential at first..granted this was 2006 when things looked decent from bay
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #109
sethmartin
Stone Warrior
 
sethmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Ok - first things first - that "test footage" of Prime, is not actual test footage - at all. It's fan art, done by an artist looking to get hired. There was never any attempt to recreate G1 faithfully, ever.
nothings certain in this life but death, taxes, and internet lies.

Next - I agree with you on this much, the little bit of Tohoru Masamune we heard, was great. I'm on record as saying it's the only redeming quality the film has, aside from the great stunt performances that we saw a fraction of. It's hard to care though, because it's hidden under 2 tonnes of garbage. The putrid faces and, terrible cgi, and bad anatomy. Bad anatomy on the principal, title characters. These designers are the Rebecca Black of concept artists. I've looked that their collective contribution to movies in the last 5 years - directly responsible for the worst of that slate.

But here's the question - what's the relationship between Splinter and Shredder? How do they even know each other? Why does a lab rat instantly recognize a giant metal robot man he's never met?

while I'm distracted by this, a fight takes place, but I don't care anymore because I'm pulled out of the movie.
Yes! I agree with the Splinter/ Shredder thing. I think they should have just kept Sachs as the Shredder. Yeah, it would have still been wrong and bad but at least it would have made sense in the movie. I liked Tohoru Masamune, but he didn't really do much. Also, breaking a foot soldiers hand and killing a foot soldier just to demonstrate to the turtles what the plan was, felt out of place for me. Why would Shredder and Sachs hurt their own men? Anyway, I'm just ranting now.
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #110
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
I thought when movies showed previews in front of them, that they only showed company's associated with their film? Or maybe thats a dvd thing idk, I could be way off...
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #111
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
I thought when movies showed previews in front of them, that they only showed company's associated with their film? Or maybe thats a dvd thing idk, I could be way off...
at the theaters, they always show trailers to movies from other studios, before the actual movie starts.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #112
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
This is the thing, I'm not blindly hating PDMT for being different. I have legitimate reasons. It's legitimately bad. I'm legitimately mad.
It's legit.



Maybe too legit. 2 legit to quit?

WHAT!!!! See what I did! See that! Whoa!!!!!!!
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #113
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
I thought when movies showed previews in front of them, that they only showed company's associated with their film? Or maybe thats a dvd thing idk, I could be way off...
yes and no

it depends on the the movie and the theater

my buddy was manger at a movie theather..

what used to be film reels are literally just flash drives now,true story, with time specific codes for the movie..

some come pre loaded with studio specific trailers, usually disney movies

when my buddy would invited me after closing to see movies , he would only preload the trailers we wanted to see


honestly thats probably why civil war is being shown with star wars
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 11-24-2015 at 09:49 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #114
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
yes and no

it depends on the the movie and the theater

my buddy was manger at a movie theather..

what used to be film reels are literally just flash drives now,true story, with time specific codes for the movie..

some come pre loaded with studio specific trailers, usually disney movies

when my buddy would invited me after closing to see movies , he would only preload the trailers we wanted to see


honestly thats probably why cival war is being shown with star wars
Thats interesting, I guess thats why I never see the trailers for movies thats supposed to be linked to the chosen movie at my theaters thats everyone, everywhere else does. So I wonder if tmnt will be one of the pre loaded ones or one at the theaters discretion? Does that also depend on studios paying for those spots or is it completely up to the theater?
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:26 PM   #115
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
I think it's based on markets/territories. I think the trailer spot is purchased in in select markets, not necessarily all markets.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #116
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Nope. Not everybody.
Maybe not, but those people should probably keep to themselves.

You know how some words mean different things in different languages? And in some languages, one word can mean more than one thing?

Well, it turns out that in ancient Kryptonian, "I don't like Star Wars" and "I liked the PD TMNT movie" BOTH translate as, "I have horrible taste in movies."

Pretty wild.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #117
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Well, it turns out that in ancient Kryptonian, "I don't like Star Wars" and "I liked the PD TMNT movie" BOTH translate as, "I have horrible taste in movies."
I mean, I get there's a portion of the population that doesn't like Star Wars because it's sci-fi or because it's fantasy and that's just not their thing. But to the overwhelming majority, it's a 5 billion dollar franchise that's a generational entity and fairly well ingrained into pop culture for several decades now. Even if you're not a "Star Wars Fan" in the strictest sense, you certainly have either seen some of the movies, or are constantly around people who are big fans. It's that big.

If you loved the PD TMNT movie, you're just a lover of terrible movies. I'm not sorry. And there's people like that out there (the "I love this movie because it's so bad it's good" crowd). But at least own it.


Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-24-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 AM   #118
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
I only meant that the audience that's gone ahead and pre bought tickets to be in the theater opening night, are probably the same folks buying tickets to comic con. By en large, that's a very particular group who for the most part, concern themselves with the finer points of sci-fi. These are the guys that go frame by frame through a trailer, draw conclusions from blurred imagery in the BG of promotional stills, and not least of all, visit forums like this.

I'm saying, they're more discerning than Joe average in general, and a crap fest like PDMT2 should steer clear, fly a little more under the radar, lest they enrage the nerdbeast again.

Sure - lots of regular people like star wars - but they won't be the majority in the theater opening day.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:30 AM   #119
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 462
I think the new Star Wars movie will be awesome and I hope it captures the "spirit" of the original movies.
JarJar Binks, I agree with most people, is the worst character in the entire franchise.
I will watch in the theater, but not in the opening night; that would be a pandemonium.

My condolences to the lady who lost her father recently.

Last edited by Klunk1234; 11-25-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #120
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Not strictly on-topic, but the Civil War trailer dropped last night, so here's what BayTurtles 2 is gonna be competing with for hype:



Hey, good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
JarJar Binks, I agree with most people, is the worst character in the entire franchise.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.