![]() |
|
|
#5681 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Stupid manager getting butthurt over crap. When you shut most of the lights out after the store closes (what, lights are too good for employees?), even though certain people are still supposed to be there another 45 min to an hour (when previously we always left when it closed), a little frigging communication with us would be really helpful and appreciated when you have people that look around at some point (or in my case go downstairs) and aren't seeing or hearing anyone else around and then think they've been left behind. And then another manager 15 min early says yeah, we're leaving and then you have a fit and threaten that anyone who leaves early is getting written up? Yeah, plenty of communication between managers, too, I see.
Her biggest concern seemed to be against getting fired herself if people are leaving early. What, are you that expendable? You don't prove your own value enough? Oh well, I work MY ass off around there doing my job, and we're short staffed enough as it is for that particular job title... they can't afford to lose me. Be a better manager - frigging communicating would be a start. Anyway... came home with that weighting on me. Esp the threats we'd be written up. (I work really hard, so screw you b*tch.) So maybe now I can put it aside and go watch that newest Turtles ep I have yet to see... Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-25-2016 at 08:51 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5682 | ||
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#5683 |
|
Like, stupid rich.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
|
Mayhem, plastron cafe, IndigoErth: Thanks guys. Yeah, it's just annoying when I've always been a cardio based guy and this is the first time I'm doing weights training. Very different mindset, very different speed of results. First time with a personal trainer, too, so it's all very new to me. Usually I just do Insanity or some kind of cardio program at home.
(And today I'm in an insane amount of pain so there's my daily grind |
|
|
|
|
|
#5684 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Grind... when you got a Blu-ray/DVD player for your b-day last week, open it today with the intention of setting it up and finding that the thing doesn't even come with the cord. Wtf. >.> Box doesn't even tell you that you'll need one. At that rate, I'm surprised they supplied batteries for the remote. Or the remote itself.
Also finding that my tv is too old and doesn't have that right plug/port and it's the only option, so I'll also be having to see if they make a converter for it, as I'm not going out and replacing a still working tv because of a darn player. *sigh* Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-26-2016 at 06:51 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5685 | |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Quote:
But yeah, I'm in agreement to that. It's even nuts when it's pet snakes...which is a big part of the reason why I've never put my ball python on Facebook except for a few exceptions several years ago. My friend and her mother are a little less shy about theirs.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5686 | |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
Quote:
You may be SOL without the HDMI port on your TV. Ask around, but I think Blu-ray disks and players have copy protection built in that prevents HD playback over analogue channels.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5687 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,069
|
I don't know about players sold in the US, but I think my Blu-Ray player has Scart, S-video and HDMI out. Obviously using the latter here.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5688 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Yeah, it's the HDMI. Noticed my cable box has the port for it so I'm hoping maybe it could be connected through that. My luck it's probably an 'out' only.
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5689 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
I had a similar problem when I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, a few months ago. It made me switch to an HDMI cable on my monitor to even get anything to show up on the screen! All because of software "updates" that don't recognize the cables it CAME with....
![]() ![]() ![]()
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#5690 | |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
Quote:
The reason they gimp the analogue out is because copying analogue channels isn't inherently illegal, unlike digital which is a DMCA violation. It's stupid, because all you are legally allowed to do with an analog signal is record it for personal use. Selling or giving copies away would still be illegal, so blocking the analogue output isn't preventing a crime, it's just annoying consumers.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5691 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
So much ridiculousness. What ever happened to the idea of trying to make things easier. It's like that's always the initial idea, and then they just complicate it all to hell.
Small grind... Would finally not be into work Sunday until the afternoon, allowing me to be home when TMNT would be on, and of course this only happens now that it's on hiatus. *sigh* Was a little excited about that until it remember it won't be on, at least not a new one.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5692 |
|
Second City Shinobi
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
|
So my revit file for my Architecture Project is getting too big and making my computer run slow, even though I still need to finish up adding more components to finish the floor plans, sections and elevations which will make the file even bigger and run even slower. I've already purged the unused items like 2-4 times and it helps, slightly. GAH
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them |
|
|
|
|
|
#5693 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
|
That I have a sore throat.
__________________
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@Icebot7/videos Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Icebot251 |
|
|
|
|
|
#5694 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
|
For some reason the last two days my inner lips and gums are inflated or numb. I have no idea why either.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5695 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5696 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
A nerve issue maybe? That sounds annoying.
To add to personal grinds in that vicinity... more dental work Thurs. and still pretty sore where they injected the anesthesia. Think he also had to rebuild a little of a cusp on one tooth with the filling and feels a little too sharp. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5697 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Been dealing with this smug-@$$ kid at work lately. He's the most arrogant little sh*t-head I've ever met, that I started calling him "Tween Dweeb" behind his back.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5698 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
|
Quote:
These young punk teens need to be set straight by their elders. These year 2000 babies need to pay respect to us 80's and 90's adults. We're still hip. Last edited by CyberCubed; 04-30-2016 at 12:54 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5700 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|