The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #141
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
that looks really good, makes me want to buy my own TMNT 2 fig and paint him
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #142
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I can't believe people are actually buying these...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:12 AM   #143
Angry_Raph
Foot Soldier
 
Angry_Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I can't believe people are actually buying these...
Why? People bought the Lego line of turtles and those were just generic brick figures with a shell and head. These figures are incredibly articulate and only need a splash of paint to fix the plastron. Mega Bloks is a whole lot cheaper than Lego in the long run, so with the money you save on these you just buy some paint. I don't care that the paint apps aren't collector quality, THIS IS A CHILDS TOY. The sets are cool but maybe a bit pricey compared to other mega lines, but the figures are unique compared to them and they have that light up piece (probably the cost increase). The foot soldiers are awesome and Shredder looks better than the one playmates released. If Lego still had the license it'd release generic figures with the same heads and shells from the last movie with insanely overpriced sets. Mega bloks has done a tremendously awesome job with the entire tmnt line.
Angry_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #144
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Have we really reached a point where "only needing to buy paint to fix the figure" is considered to be a positive thing?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:57 PM   #145
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Have we really reached a point where "only needing to buy paint to fix the figure" is considered to be a positive thing?
Meh, Playmates started it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #146
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Have we really reached a point where "only needing to buy paint to fix the figure" is considered to be a positive thing?
What's wrong with buying paint to fix a figure?

Painting and modifying an action figure or any kind of figure can be fun. People still do have fun painting, I suppose?

When I was a kid I thought I could repaint my turtle figures with the wrong paint I had as a kid. I learned how to paint figures from others and still learning and using different techniques as I go.

Playmates toys never painted their figures like the ones seen on the back of there toy packages, so what. I say if you don't like it, change it.

"reached a point, " really? it's not new. People have been doing this for years, why look at it as a negative thing. So a few more dollars are spent in the pursuit to get something how a person wants it. As long as it is worth it to them, people will still be repainting figures for years to come.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #147
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Have we really reached a point where "only needing to buy paint to fix the figure" is considered to be a positive thing?
I've been painting my fingers for years improving them and making them a helluva lot better
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #148
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Have we really reached a point where "only needing to buy paint to fix the figure" is considered to be a positive thing?
Compared to Playmates these Minifigs are a hell of a lot more accurate than the ones they are selling their building block sets are very nice and they're just so cold for display purposes I don't know about you but to Raphael looks so badass compared to the playmate.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #149
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
I've been painting my fingers for years
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #150
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
GOD Damn auto correct >--<;;
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:11 AM   #151
HGG
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
I bult my lair hideout set yesterday.



















HGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:16 AM   #152
HGG
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51


















HGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:20 AM   #153
HGG
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
















HGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:21 AM   #154
HGG
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51






HGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:13 AM   #155
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
I have not found the movie lair set yet in Europe.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:50 AM   #156
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
GOD Damn auto correct >--<;;
So you didn't mean to say fingers?
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
But seriously what did you mean to say
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:38 AM   #157
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Figures, obviously.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #158
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Walmart had this set today. This is the very first time I've seen this one, and I have collected every TMNT Mega Bloks set that has come out so far. Somehow this one just hit the shelves here.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 04-05-2016, 12 54 32.jpg (99.6 KB, 98 views)
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #159
Juan Solo
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
Is the $19.87 price tag for that set?
Oddly, none of my local stores have put out the movie MB sets. I'm chomping at the bit for most of 'em.
Juan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #160
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Solo View Post
Is the $19.87 price tag for that set?
Oddly, none of my local stores have put out the movie MB sets. I'm chomping at the bit for most of 'em.
Yes, it was $19.87.

Like I said, oddly this is the only set in the whole range that has not been in any store I've gone to in the past few months, so I was surprised to see it, which is why I posted it here.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.