The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2016, 03:09 AM   #41
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
There's always gotta be that one guy who walks right up to the powder keg and lights a match, huh?

For the record, pretty much all of the Internet is "self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t". Fan forums included. Oh, and making a big show of how much more "mature" you are over freaking movie opinions? Hoo boy, you'd better believe that's "self righteous, self centered narcissistic bullish*t".
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 05-20-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:59 AM   #42
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
That's good to hear. More OT elements is always good imo.

I enjoy the first movie very much, I look forward and hope this second movie will be as grand too or maybe even better.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:13 AM   #43
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I enjoy the first movie very much
Why am I not shocked you liked the first movie?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 04:26 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
It's weird...but when I rewatched the 2014 movie some months back, I had completely forgotten I had watched it when it came out.

Who's responsible for the amnesia? Any of you lot?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:20 AM   #45
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Who's responsible for the amnesia? Any of you lot?
I wish I could forget I'd seen the movie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #46
sluggedup226
Hench Mutant
 
sluggedup226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtszick View Post
I work in advertising, and sometimes we get some real cool perks. This morning I was able to watch TMNT 2 in a private screening.

I'm under NDA's at work, and with only 10 people at the screening I can't say much. Since my wife won't care I needed to share the excitement.

But I can say it was much better then #1.
I just have one simple yes or no question that I don't believe anyone here has asked you. Do the turtles have the most screen time than April/Casey?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #47
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Let me guess...

*Turtles aren't the stars of their movie since the film also has to include Megan Fox, Will Arnett, new Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Tyler Perry's Stockman, Krang, Judith Hoag cameo, and a bit of Karai in what is probably a 100 minute or such film...

*Megan Fox is still wooden and a horrible April...she's just there for Sexual Eye Candy.

*The Turtles don't have actual heart and wit with each other (heck...Mikey and Raph COULD have a lot of fun banter between each other, since it's the 'older/tougher brother and the younger/smart-ass brother playing off each other...but that would only be in a good movie)...because God Forbid to pull from better comic book films ala what Marvel is doing with their movies...

*You saw pretty much the entire movie in the trailers/advertising

*No Actual Martial Arts are included in the picture, especially from the Title characters, since they're too busy doing their best Incredible Hulk impressions.

*You've seen all of the action in the flick via the clips/trailers online.

*At least some kind of fart joke, sex/boner joke, or somewhere in between is included

*The Movie Sucks

There you go.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #48
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
*Megan Fox is still wooden and a horrible April...she's just there for Sexual Eye Candy.
Quote:
*At least some kind of fart joke
Hell, already seen these in the trailers/tv spots.

Which is really depressing.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #49
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Let me guess...

*Turtles aren't the stars of their movie since the film also has to include Megan Fox, Will Arnett, new Casey Jones, Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Tyler Perry's Stockman, Krang, Judith Hoag cameo, and a bit of Karai in what is probably a 100 minute or such film...

*Megan Fox is still wooden and a horrible April...she's just there for Sexual Eye Candy.

*The Turtles don't have actual heart and wit with each other (heck...Mikey and Raph COULD have a lot of fun banter between each other, since it's the 'older/tougher brother and the younger/smart-ass brother playing off each other...but that would only be in a good movie)...because God Forbid to pull from better comic book films ala what Marvel is doing with their movies...

*You saw pretty much the entire movie in the trailers/advertising

*No Actual Martial Arts are included in the picture, especially from the Title characters, since they're too busy doing their best Incredible Hulk impressions.

*You've seen all of the action in the flick via the clips/trailers online.

*At least some kind of fart joke, sex/boner joke, or somewhere in between is included

*The Movie Sucks

There you go.
Nailed it in one, fella.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #50
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That's a good sign, I was hoping it be a callback to the Fred Wolf series, much to the chagrin of some folks here.
I'd rather see something that is a bit more serious in the vein of the IDW comics, but if they're going to pay homage to the 80s cartoon, I prefer them going all in rather than trying to be silly and serious at the same time. That caused part of the first one's identity crisis (one of its many painful flaws).

I watched the first one again not too long ago with a friend who hadn't seen it. It's actually more fun at home when you can pause and crack up over how stupid it is and riff on it. I imagine adding in alcohol makes this more fun. We had to pause while my friend got past "drain all their blood, even if it kills them" coming from a biologist.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/

Last edited by SwiftNinjaFox; 05-20-2016 at 02:27 PM.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #51
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtszick View Post
But I can say it was much better then #1.
I don't venture outside of my area much...

but after almost falling asleep and being the first movie I nearly walked out of, that's not that hard.

With all I've seen with this franchise...
between the idiocy and uncaring ness of michael bay.
between meghan fox telling fans to F off...
between changing the movie so much for the chinese audience that it doesn't resemble tmnt at all (white shredder, anyone?)

I think I'd skip a screening of this even if I got invited. I just can't get excited or support the people involved.

what is with all these people not caring about franchises getting the studios biggest tentpole projects these days?

glad you had fun though.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 05-22-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.