The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #181
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
New Review

http://getyourcomicon.co.uk/review/t...hadows-review/
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 10:50 AM   #182
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
The last time I checked rotten tomatoes, there was 1 rotten review for the movie and no fresh ones.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #183
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
The last time I checked rotten tomatoes, there was 1 rotten review for the movie and no fresh ones.
Yeah give it time, they will all pile up soon, we will probably see them on Rotten Tomatoes tomorrow as it is holiday weekend.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #184
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Is there any mention of Krang's rock army from Dimension-X? Does Shredder whine at any point or insult Beebop and Rocksteady?
No mention of Rock Soldiers, I don't think. Shredder is annoyed and irritated by Bebop and Rocksteady but there is no OT-style nagging and whinging.
__________________
2k3 Don: That's not a trans-dimensional portal stick. That's... a flashlight!
OT Don: It was a flashlight, but with a little rewiring and a lot more positive thinking, it'll soon be a trans-dimensional portal stick. Now hand me that hammer.
2k3 Don: This is a wrench.
jenna is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #185
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Jenna was your room full.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co...ja-turtle.html
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 05-30-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 11:53 AM   #186
sethmartin
Stone Warrior
 
sethmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Jenna was your room full.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co...ja-turtle.html
Wow. Straight up praise from that reviewer. I wouldn't rate it that high. Although, I did enjoy it.
__________________
sethmartin is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #187
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Jenna was your room full.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co...ja-turtle.html
I usually try to go in the afternoon when I go to the cinema here in The Netherlands.

I saw the 2014 movie three of four times and it was always about five or six people, even in the first week!
I also saw the movie in the UK once (as I happened to be in London in September 2014), I believe it was 20 to 30 people then.

Last couple of movies I saw (Batman v Superman, Civil War and X-Men) had about 12 to 15 people in the first week.
I saw Civil War again, about two weeks after the opening, there were about six people.
SS Kakarot is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:29 PM   #188
Traximus
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
One thing I forgot to mention was that the room wasn't even half full probably because it was an early screening. When I looked at the seating charts the next 2 screening they are almost full, only seats that are left are near the front.

Jenna was your room full.

Also

New Review

http://gbpfrmoviekinghts.blogspot.co...ja-turtle.html
It's done. Confirmed lit.
Traximus is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #189
Jasey Cones
Thug
 
Jasey Cones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: England
Posts: 79
Seen it Liked it

Watched it today and I really liked it...

(For context I like the first movie but am well aware of the problems it has)

Megan Fox was crap as usual but not in it enough to bother me.

Overall the pace was good. After everything I knew was gonna happen from the trailers (Bebop Rocksteady Krang etc.) it was great that it didn't take too long getting on with it.
~
Arrow as casey was a bit poor (he wasn't Casey jones in my opinion) but not offensive.

Liked that Shredder could teleport and wonder if this was a nod to the massive problem in the first movie when he suddenly is in new york (faster than that guy in a chopper)

Bebop and Rocksteady were as good as I could have hoped. Not too gritty and ruined but not as stupid/comedy relief as the original cartoon. Enjoyed watching them

Final battle was a bit average. Shame Shredder wasn't about to add some ninja action to the whole thing. but it was ok.

Loads more Leo this time after not really featuring in the first movie, but all turtles represented well.

Only one minor problem in the river scene when raph is suddenly back with the others after landing near the turtle.

Overall a cracking addition to the Turtle-verse and probably the best movie so far.
__________________


When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
Jasey Cones is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #190
Jasey Cones
Thug
 
Jasey Cones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: England
Posts: 79
also

I might just add tho,

This is very much a family film. Anyone hoping for some mirage/idw action will be disappointed. Its loads better than the transformer movies tho.
__________________


When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
Jasey Cones is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #191
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Empire UK review

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/t...hadows/review/
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #192
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ws-review-tmnt

I'm 100% confident about the movie being rotten after all the smoke is clear.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 05-30-2016 at 01:11 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:26 PM   #193
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
From Guardian's review:

Quote:
...here we’re asked to cheer heavily weaponised pizza guzzlers against a cabal of non-Caucasians, in a way that altogether uncomfortably aligns turtle power with its white equivalent.


So the bad guys aren't white, and that's a bad thing? Is that what he's saying?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #194
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
From Guardian's review:



http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten..._the_stone.gif

So the bad guys aren't white, and that's a bad thing? Is that what he's saying?
I um...Wait what? But the Turtles are Japanese American?
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:31 PM   #195
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
From Guardian's review:



http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten..._the_stone.gif

So the bad guys aren't white, and that's a bad thing? Is that what he's saying?
The Reviewer is most probably a UKIP follower, think most of the Guardian are UKIP followers.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #196
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Of course, if they had turned Baxter Stockman white like in the OT, the reviewer would have bitched about that instead. You just can't please these types of people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #197
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Film and tv now review

http://www.filmandtvnow.com/teenage-...hadows-review/
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #198
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I'd laugh so hard if this movie has a higher rotten tomato score than Batman/Superman.
CyberCubed is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #199
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
They gave it 3 stars, so far a couple of reviews have been 3 stars out of 5.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 PM   #200
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Critics and audiences alike were pretty hard on Batman v. Superman for being such an abysmal pseudo-intellectual film, whereas I don't think anyone expects anything from this film. I'm sure TMNT will have a higher score.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.