The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #5421
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
I like the 2007 soundtrack. Klaus Badelt did a good job.
I like this music of his:



Leo vs Karai scene at 1:08. Very Japanese, I like it.


-----

Huh the 2016 ost doesn't have the credits song? The one with the singer? Only instrumental:

Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 09:54 AM   #5422
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Laura Linney was a guest on Live with Kelly, and they showed a clip with her in it.
Spoiler:
Its just her character meeting the Turtles for the first time.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #5423
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
So I saw the movie. Yeah, FW ain't for me.
__________________
Leolead is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #5424
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Saw it again today at a different Cinema, the sound was much better in that screen room.

Spoiler:
I spotted the Triceraton
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #5425
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Saw it again today at a different Cinema, the sound was much better in that screen room.

Spoiler:
I spotted the Triceraton
Where? Is it upper left screen or..? I was looking for it everywhere lol.
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #5426
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
...I swear, movie tie-in products get weirder all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
I like the 2007 soundtrack. Klaus Badelt did a good job.
I love that one too. It's seriously underrated. Might be my ideal TMNT score, honestly.
__________________
Bry is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #5427
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I just wanted to say, I loved reading the Official Review thread. Lock that sucker down.

My sincere congratulations to everyone involved.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #5428
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Where? Is it upper left screen or..? I was looking for it everywhere lol.
Yeah sort of, it's on the left side of the screen anyway. I can't wait to get this on DVD so I can pause it at that scene and see who else is there.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #5429
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant
 
DioLeo451's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 492
About to see it in a few that first one dissappointed me so much and was a certified Meh when I left the theater and if I had to rate that movie now it would be a 4/10 just overall bad
DioLeo451 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #5430
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah sort of, it's on the left side of the screen anyway. I can't wait to get this on DVD so I can pause it at that scene and see who else is there.
I'm seeing it on Saturday, so I will have to pay a lot of attention to it when it happens, but don't be surprise if somebody takes a screenshot of it.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #5431
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Phelous's thoughts/Rant on the movie


__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #5432
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
As long as they're sour ones.
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #5433
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Did any of you guys wear a TMNT shirt when seeing the movie, I have two, so I'll be sure to wear one of them when seeing the movie tomorrow.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #5434
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Is it just me, or are the Blu-ray steelbooks for these movies absolutely awful? I'll stick with the regular version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
As long as they're sour ones.
Sour grapes, much?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #5435
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
It was really difficult to tell what was in those cells in the Technodrome, I'm sure there were some cool easter eggs in there. They definitely set it up for a third movie, I bet Baxter Stockman is going to be the main villian along with Krang and whatever other creatures he has in that ice prison.

This movie is a long, CGI, live action version of a Fred Wolf cartoon, DO NOT kid yourself, even down to the sound effects. I swear it seemed like the sound editor for this movie had a "Best of Cartoon Sound Effects" playlist and just put them in scenes. One point Rocksteady's head breaks through the bottom of the airplane and I swear it makes a "BOINK!" sound. He then shakes his head and it makes a "WUGGA, WUGGA" like Wile Coyote just smacked his head against an anvil.

I really enjoyed the police station break in scene, I love a good music montageand it's always cool to see Raph and Mikey working together. That being said I really felt like each Turtle got their fair share of screen time, more so than any other Turtle movie. Even Mikey and Donnie had good scenes where they were actually helpful and not just there.

Not sure if it's been mentioned at all but, on April's fake ID when they break into the Police station, her name is Renet Tilley.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #5436
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Did any of you guys wear a TMNT shirt when seeing the movie, I have two, so I'll be sure to wear one of them when seeing the movie tomorrow.
I did, I have 2 t shirts, I wore the 80s turtles t shirt on Monday and today and wore my Nick Mikey t shirt on Wednesday.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:11 AM   #5437
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Phelous's thoughts/Rant on the movie


Phelous talking somewhat positively about something TMNT-related in the 21st century?!

Took a Michael Bay production for that to happen! Holy sh!t Congrats
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #5438
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,211
New poster for the movie. Surprised TigerClaw missed it.

ToTheNines is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:16 AM   #5439
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
He then shakes his head and it makes a "WUGGA, WUGGA" like Wile Coyote just smacked his head against an anvil.
Fun fact. That sound effect was originally made back in the day using a trombone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned at all but, on April's fake ID when they break into the Police station, her name is Renet Tilley.
*Quick Google search*

My God. You're right! Good eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20160603-181358.jpg (10.0 KB, 19 views)
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 11:21 AM   #5440
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Spoiler:
I liked the small nod to the turtle's real life origins when the Police Commissioner is interrogating April and Casey and she asks "Where did the turtles come from?" and Casey answers "New Hampshire".
newhire13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.