The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
MathUser
Thug
 
MathUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
Tmnt 2 is making less than half what the original made

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/bo...ou-1201788792/

Where did Micheal Bay go wrong. I was sure this would be bigger than the original. Perhaps the new series is dead?

Edit: I can't edit the topic but I meant that the movie is making a little more than half of what the original movie made.

Last edited by MathUser; 06-06-2016 at 12:16 AM.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
You could of put this in the Box Office Thread and anyway it's pretty old news as we have been discussing it.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
MathUser
Thug
 
MathUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
But I wanna know what Micheal Bay did wrong. I thought there was a lot of hype for this movie.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:12 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
Fatigue with this year's blockbusters is setting in, not to mention there's not much goodwill carrying over from the last one.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
But I wanna know what Micheal Bay did wrong.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
But I wanna know what Micheal Bay did wrong.
Screwed up on the first. Make the first too flawed or not as good as you tried to make them believe and the casual movie goer, who has to consider what to spend their money on (or not), may not trust you to come through next time. (Or hardcore fans for that matter.)

Who knows... maybe many are just holding off to see what others are saying first.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post

Where did Micheal Bay go wrong.
You mean aside from everything?

The guy's a hack who only thinks he's great cause his films make a lot of money.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
At this rate, it may be lucky to outgross the 2007 Imagi film!

One thing that confuses me is the Yahoo! headline for today, which claims the movie has made $65.6 million.


Is that just a typo or would it be a global estimate?

Here's the article, which puts the global haul at $69.3 million:
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/teenage...154601292.html
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #9
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,517
i just saw the movi. Not surpise it is making much less since Shredder didnt fight at all. that alien monster krang locked him in a cage instead of team up with Shredhead and fight the turtles together!!! i hate him!!! grrrrr!!! a movie where tiny slicy Saki dont fight the turtles?! it desevers to fail!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!

Last edited by Venom; 06-07-2016 at 03:32 PM. Reason: RPing in non-RP thread
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
i just saw the movi. NOT SURPISE IT IS MAKING MUCH LESS SINCE I DIDNT FIGHT AT ALL. THAT ALIEN MONSTER KRANG LOCKED ME IN A CAGE INSTEAD OF TEAM UP WITH ME AND FIGHT THE TURTLES TOGETHER!!! I HATE HIM!!! GRRRRR!!! A MOVIE WHERE I DONT FIGHT THE TURTLES?! IT DESEVERS TO FAIL!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Calm down and drink your apple juice, boy.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
i just saw the movi. NOT SURPISE IT IS MAKING MUCH LESS SINCE I DIDNT FIGHT AT ALL. THAT ALIEN MONSTER KRANG LOCKED ME IN A CAGE INSTEAD OF TEAM UP WITH ME AND FIGHT THE TURTLES TOGETHER!!! I HATE HIM!!! GRRRRR!!! A MOVIE WHERE I DONT FIGHT THE TURTLES?! IT DESEVERS TO FAIL!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Not a good time for the Shredder is it, Frozen in the movie, killed in the IDW comic and injured is in Nicktoon.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
i just saw the movi. NOT SURPISE IT IS MAKING MUCH LESS SINCE I DIDNT FIGHT AT ALL. THAT ALIEN MONSTER KRANG LOCKED ME IN A CAGE INSTEAD OF TEAM UP WITH ME AND FIGHT THE TURTLES TOGETHER!!! I HATE HIM!!! GRRRRR!!! A MOVIE WHERE I DONT FIGHT THE TURTLES?! IT DESEVERS TO FAIL!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Please get some mental health evaluation you annoying little ****
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-05-2016 at 02:38 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #13
MathUser
Thug
 
MathUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
At this rate, it may be lucky to outgross the 2007 Imagi film!

One thing that confuses me is the Yahoo! headline for today, which claims the movie has made $65.6 million.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...ps8aalwubs.png

Is that just a typo or would it be a global estimate?

Here's the article, which puts the global haul at $69.3 million:
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/teenage...154601292.html
It says right in the article that 69.3 is the global haul. That's what they get for making the turtles too human. People don't want that.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Doing it as RP does not un-spoiler a spoiler... Minor as it may be.



Well, if anything, someone at Yahoo likes the Turtles enough to use the global earnings to make it sound bigger, I guess. Though it's not like only U.S. money counts. Not sure why so much is invested in opening weekends anyhow. A lot of people prefer to skip the crowd and may show up later.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #15
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
Calm down and drink your apple juice, boy.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
It says right in the article that 69.3 is the global haul. That's what they get for making the turtles too human. People don't want that.
But 69.3 does not equal 65.6, so I'm wondering where the discrepancy comes from if they are supposed to be the same figure. Nothing on Yahoo! surprises me anymore.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #17
MathUser
Thug
 
MathUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 55
Can someone edit my topic title to say little more than half of what the original made? Seems there's been a mistake.
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But 69.3 does not equal 65.6, so I'm wondering where the discrepancy comes from if they are supposed to be the same figure. Nothing on Yahoo! surprises me anymore.
It was just a typo. $65.6 was the opening for the 2014 film.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
It was just a typo. $65.6 was the opening for the 2014 film.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #20
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
i just saw the movi. NOT SURPISE IT IS MAKING MUCH LESS SINCE I DIDNT FIGHT AT ALL. THAT ALIEN MONSTER KRANG LOCKED ME IN A CAGE INSTEAD OF TEAM UP WITH ME AND FIGHT THE TURTLES TOGETHER!!! I HATE HIM!!! GRRRRR!!! A MOVIE WHERE I DONT FIGHT THE TURTLES?! IT DESEVERS TO FAIL!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
LAY OFF. THE DRUGS.


can we plz have tmnt 3 tho
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bomb, tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.