The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you specifically like TMNT 2 OOTS 2016
Yes 74 71.84%
No 18 17.48%
Neutral 11 10.68%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #81
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
The Sewer Sirens released a new episode reviewing TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, you can listen to it here.
http://sewersirens.podomatic.com/ent...22_53_09-07_00
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #82
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Or at the very least get DNA from those animals to lace the mutagen with and Shredder can just be like, "Krang told me how to do this." (Because otherwise "too complicated.")

Turtles and humans... Well, we're all vertebrates, still share much of the same basic body plan, and share ancestors if you go WAYYY back, but, yeah, that's going to require a Delorean (or Renet) to get human DNA into turtles. Not to mention B & R had separate animals in their DNA, so you need to make absolutely certain that you get it into OUR Turtles' exact ancestors.

If a third film happened and delved into that again, a simple enough answer could be that the Turtles were also a little bit of a genetic experiment, since the original mutagen was intended for human use, 'so something something human DNA because reasons'.
You understand that this is completely ridiculous. Humans do not carry the DNA of Rhinos or Pigs.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #83
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I enjoyed it, it's better than the last movie but it did have some issues.

No memorable things happened.
Shredder and Karia basically doing nothing.
I liked the action but not enough fighting and not enough use of weapons.
Stephen as Casey, he was alright not perfect though.
Yeah agreed, but that technodrome eyeball made me squeal a bit lol
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #84
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
You understand that this is completely ridiculous. Humans do not carry the DNA of Rhinos or Pigs.
Gee, you don't say. And nothing in my comment was even about that.

Perhaps my sarcasm was too subtle. I'll try again to make it easy.

Quote:
Or at the very least get DNA from those animals to lace the mutagen with and Shredder can just be like, "Krang told me how to do this." (Because otherwise "too complicated.")

Turtles and humans... Well, we're all vertebrates [reference, neatoman: "at least rhinos, pigs and humans are all mammals"], still share much of the same basic body plan, and share ancestors if you go WAYYY back [offer biological connection for reptiles and mammals], but, yeah, that's going to require a Delorean (or Renet) [this is a joke/sarcasm at movie, reference neatoman: "And it's been proven that turtles evolved long before mammals."] [because connection is in the wrong order for human-turtle movie DNA magic] to get human DNA into turtles. Not to mention B & R had separate animals in their DNA [movie reference not intended for real life accuracy as lead-in to further comment, the actual point being made], so you need to make absolutely certain that you get it into OUR Turtles' exact ancestors. [another sarcastic joke, because if humans magically have random animal DNA then so too is it random in other animals; have to make sure they get the human kind - note reference of absurd movie stuff, not intended for real life]

If a third film happened and delved into that again, a simple enough answer could be that the Turtles were also a little bit of a genetic experiment, since the original mutagen was intended for human use, 'so something something human DNA because reasons'. [offer of easy "not too complicated" explanation for film makers that takes mere seconds of screen time to mention]
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:57 PM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,161
Just got back from seeing it. I loved it. It totally made up for that crap from 2014.

Loved the end credits with the theme song.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #86
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
It totally made up for that crap from 2014.
Didn't your sig used to say you were a "proud fan of the 2014 film"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #87
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Didn't your sig used to say you were a "proud fan of the 2014 film"?
yes it did I Denounced that proud fan after seeing this movie
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #88
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death.

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #89
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death.

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.
I liked 2k7.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #90
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death.

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.
ya the only things I liked from 2014 was splinter/shredder fight and splinter's opening monolouge. Other than that its a mess. I just wish Shredder fought in this movie.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #91
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Whew, I just got back and saw Out of the Shadows. I am incredibly dumbfounded how these same writers made a legitamite TMNT film. The same writers who did that garbage excuse for a TMNT film. How is this possible?!

This film literally gave me some elements I wanted from the last one; heart, conflict between the brothers (all of the brothers, not just Leo and Raph), working as a team. It's not the TMNT film that I want (either a Mirage or IDW inspired film series or a darker take) but my fellow haters of the 2014 film, this movie is actually better than the last one by far. It's still not a great movie and it's hard to say if it's literally good but it gets the hint that there is a lot you can do with this property.

I'll get into more in depth of what I liked and didn't like. But the guy on here who saw this film early was not lying. This is literally trying to be a serious action film. Think Fast and Furious but with Turtles.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #92
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,174
So is this the review thread? I just saw it today and I liked it.

It wasn't as fun as the first trailer made it out to be though. I think it's both better and worse than the first movie. The first movie had plenty of problems however it also had some very strong character moments which I loved and redeemed the movie in my eyes. Here you never get a scene like say the elevator segment in the first movie. I also think this movie is aimed at a younger audience, I can't put my finger on what exactly but overall I felt more like I was watching a kids CG movie than say the first film so yeah it kind of felt "bland" at times which is my main complain.

Talking about characters I still like Fox as April and love Vernon. Wish we had gotten more Splinter. I was beginning to think I wouldn't like this version of Casey Jones after his "origin" but I ended up liking him. Rocksteady and Beebop were pretty good, they definitely had more potential but they were handled well. I liked the police chief and she could make an interesting character. Kraang was interesting but didn't like his voice and he could be way over the top. The foot were awesome. Karai was useless, why recast her if she did absolutely nothing? Shredder was also a bit pointless for the most part, I see no reason why he was recasted if he was going to have such a small role. Him getting frozen by Krang totally weakened the villain for the rest of the series though. No Thompson? What a waste.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #93
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So is this the review thread? I just saw it today and I liked it.

It wasn't as fun as the first trailer made it out to be though. I think it's both better and worse than the first movie. The first movie had plenty of problems however it also had some very strong character moments which I loved and redeemed the movie in my eyes. Here you never get a scene like say the elevator segment in the first movie. I also think this movie is aimed at a younger audience, I can't put my finger on what exactly but overall I felt more like I was watching a kids CG movie than say the first film so yeah it kind of felt "bland" at times which is my main complain.

Talking about characters I still like Fox as April and love Vernon. Wish we had gotten more Splinter. I was beginning to think I wouldn't like this version of Casey Jones after his "origin" but I ended up liking him. Rocksteady and Beebop were pretty good, they definitely had more potential but they were handled well. I liked the police chief and she could make an interesting character. Kraang was interesting but didn't like his voice and he could be way over the top. The foot were awesome. Karai was useless, why recast her if she did absolutely nothing? Shredder was also a bit pointless for the most part, I see no reason why he was recasted if he was going to have such a small role. Him getting frozen by Krang totally weakened the villain for the rest of the series though. No Thompson? What a waste.
I put my review here will probably repost later when actual review section is back up.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #94
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
I personally did not like the movie. I found Bebop and Rocksteady to be the most redeemable part of it but I just thought it relied on too many cliches such as "We've got company" and "Say hello to my little friend". I also thought it made no sense that Casey was supposedly a cop in this one but yet they still had to sneak in to the police hq??? I also didn't like the further objectification of April with the whole Catholic school girl thing at the start of the film. I also didn't like the whole "We're not freaks" thing to just be pushing a little bit of an agenda and I'm so sick of everything these days trying to make a "statement" or whatever. I'm not trying to be mean but sometimes I'd like to just be entertained and not feel like I'm being preached to. I respect everyone's opinion that did like it but it just didn't do it for me. I don't think it makes you any more or less of a fan whether you like it or whether you don't. When it's all said and done we're all TMNT fans and have great love for the franchise and that's all that really matters.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!

Last edited by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!; 06-07-2016 at 10:51 PM.
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #95
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Well, it's good you recognize its shortcomings. There are some people here that will defend the 2014 movie to the death.

I'm a fan of the 2007 film, which for some reason no one else seems to really like, but I certainly recognize its fallacies.
I like the 07 film. I still have a poster from it hanging on my wall. Honestly I wish they would have made a sequel to it. I thought it was the second best portrayal of the Leo/Raph sibling rivalry on film. I know it wasn't perfect but I liked it better than the last 2 movies and probably better than Turtles in Time. The original TMNT is still my favorite by a country mile though.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #96
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier
 
OrangeNinja1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 223
I really liked this movie. I thought it was stronger than the first in so many ways. Both are summer action movies, but OotS has better action, character moments, and humor. It doesn't try to be dour all the time.
Some of the jokes were legitimately funny. I didn't like Bebop and Rocksteady at all, which is sad because they can be entertaining in other versions. The character moments were great; all I wanted was to see in the last movie was the characters act how they're supposed to and have that be a focus point of the film. This time, the turtles are the turtles the whole time.
The credits theme was miles better than the first's. Better than a confusing rap is a new rendition of the classic theme. It sounds great, I just wished they'd added in the little remarks like "That's a fact, Jack!" and "Gimme a break!" from the new voices.
The CGI isn't as good as in, say, a movie like Civil War, but it passes for me. Most of the time I wasn't thinking "I'm looking at a CGI turtle", rather than "I'm looking at a Ninja Turtle." The worst CGI, I'd say is with Krang. Something about him felt...off. I didn't like how he swung around outside of his suit, either.
Of course, the plot is a bit weird and nonsensical. Krang comes out of no where and it baffles me why Karai had to be recast. Couldn't Shredder just have a tiny fight scene? I mean, come on!
But for me, personally, it's a solid 7.5/10. Considering it as a cheesy, Ninja Turtle action movie, it actually came out really well.
__________________
DON: We've got to find that bomb! And we've only got eight minutes to do it! RAPH: Excuse me; is that including the commercial break? - 1987

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #97
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier
 
hitmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 236
I took my 5-year-old daughter and she had an absolute blast. So in that regard, I loved the movie. Is it what I would have wanted for me? Definitely not, but I had a lot fun watching her love the movie and I'll definitely be picking up the Blu Ray for her.
hitmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #98
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Yeah. I quite enjoyed it. It was fun.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #99
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
The guys from IGN's Up At Noon totally get TMNT.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #100
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I want to say that I'm not a part of the TMNT fanbase that likes them AND that thinks that the brand is stupid conceptually speaking.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.