The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #501
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Like who... those jerk who came for like a week and left those are trolls not plants the kids who enjoyed the last movie who got bullied into leaving weren't plants either. Name one user who you actually thought was a legit plant. Smh.
Traximus was FOR SURE. Don't you dare argue that one.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #502
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Traximus was FOR SURE. Don't you dare argue that one.
Stop legitimizing the crab grass.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #503
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nah, he probably went home and created DeviantArt on his dad's Windows NX PC.
he probably climbed the nearest clock tower, but he was only packing a super soaker filled with tabasco so he went relatively unnoticed.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #504
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Stop legitimizing the crab grass.
Whatever. He's apparently unemployed now that Paramount just took a dirty bath on OotS.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:44 PM   #505
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
he probably climbed the nearest clock tower, but he was only packing a super soaker filled with tabasco so he went relatively unnoticed.
...

...

Ya lost me. Are we making an Austin Texas joke? I think you're making an Austin TX joke...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #506
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Traximus was FOR SURE. Don't you dare argue that one.
No he wasn't a plant he was a troll it's different
One tries to get the massed to have similar opinion s subtly. The other is a jack @$$ and tries to start drama.

Kinda like an other user but meh.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #507
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
...

...

Ya lost me. Are we making an Austin Texas joke? I think you're making an Austin TX joke...
no, more of a joke of the very moment his innocence was lost

__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:44 PM   #508
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Which is a shame because this movie was much better the the first.




But seriously -- you seem pretty emotional about this, and I get it, you liked the movie and you're all about the BayTurtles and it's hard to see something you like ragged on by fans and struggling at the box office.

But... you've gotta know that every one of the so-called "haters" here cares every bit as much about this franchise and wants it to do be as good as it can be. And that's exactly why so many of us are happy to see this underperform, because we want something better that proves how good TMNT can be as a genuine story. We think the property deserves respect, and we feel that these movies aren't giving it respect or the stories it's due.

If you liked the movie, nobody can take that away from you. Enjoy it to your heart's content. Don't let others' opinions get you down. But you also have to accept others' opinions as valid, and you have to be confident enough in your own opinions that you don't take it so personally when people don't agree with you. Or even make fun of the thing. At length. Hey, we're allowed.

And... I mean, sorry, but studio plants are absolutely a real thing. I don't know "for sure" there are any here, but there've certainly been a bunch of people who've signed up right around the peak movie marketing times and have been extremely aggressive about promoting the movies and trying to shut down criticism...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Deadpool and The Force Awakens both stayed in theaters longer than a quarter*, I believe.

*three months
Hell, Deadpool is still in some theatres. 69 to be exact... which almost seems like it has to be on purpose.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #509
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
http://s33.postimg.org/949i93dzz/itstinks.jpg



But seriously -- you seem pretty emotional about this, and I get it, you liked the movie and you're all about the BayTurtles and it's hard to see something you like ragged on by fans and struggling at the box office.
this movie is better in so many ways and most of the issue the first one had were addressed and fixed. Along with thing Pepe have been wanting to see since the 90s. It just baffles me how something that is obviously better fail. When it should be doing better, because it's better. I get that that is not what's happening.
Yeah it is and it like getting slapped In The face as a fan seeing people trash talk what you like on a daily basis while belittle those who enjoy the Thing they are trash talking.



Quote:
But... you've gotta know that every one of the so-called "haters" here cares every bit as much about this franchise and wants it to do be as good as it can be. And that's exactly why so many of us are happy to see this underperform, because we want something better that proves how good TMNT can be as a genuine story. We think the property deserves respect, and we feel that these movies aren't giving it respect or the stories it's due.
but at that point why can't people realize that this particular aspect of the franchise is just not for you. And move on. Let those enjoy the parts you don't and them let you like the aspects you like. Like civil adults/humans.

Quote:
If you liked the movie, nobody can take that away from you. Enjoy it to your heart's content. Don't let others' opinions get you down. But you also have to accept others' opinions as valid, and you have to be confident enough in your own opinions that you don't take it so personally when people don't agree with you. Or even make fun of the thing. At length. Hey, we're allowed.
I know know one can't take that away from me I like the visuals of the turtle I liked the actor of the turtles that's what I'm so upset about because we won't get to see more of something I really enjoy.
I know my own opinion it hasn't changed I still feel the sameway I did back in 2014 but
When people come on a forum/thread meant for fans key word fans. And said fans get picked on belittled and drowned out by people obviously not fans of said forum/thread, the logical action is to stick up for what you love.

Quote:
And... I mean, sorry, but studio plants are absolutely a real thing. I don't know "for sure" there are any here, but there've certainly been a bunch of people who've signed up right around the peak movie marketing times and have been extremely aggressive about promoting the movies and trying to shut down criticism...
What do fans do when met with opposition on something they enjoy? They fight. Plants are subtle they dont argue. Not to the extent of people like the ones we have seen. That called a passionate fan. Sure some come of a jerks. Some are trolls. But I just don't see anyone who has been labeled a plant actually being a plant. Sorry.

Quote:
Hell, Deadpool is still in some theatres. 69 to be exact... which almost seems like it has to be on purpose.
Seriously deadpool is so perfect in almost every aspect.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:59 AM   #510
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Going for a second serving later today in IMAX 3D


Last edited by evan2000; 06-11-2016 at 02:53 AM.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:11 AM   #511
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I've seen it 4 times already.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:38 AM   #512
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I've seen it 4 times already.
And yet there are people constantly trash talking the movie in this forum who haven't even seen it once
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:48 AM   #513
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
And yet there are people constantly trash talking the movie in this forum who haven't even seen it once


Man shall not see sh*t Turtle movie. Says the Lawgiver.

How's that IP generator going for you, btw...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:16 AM   #514
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
this movie is better in so many ways and most of the issue the first one had were addressed and fixed. Along with thing Pepe have been wanting to see since the 90s. It just baffles me how something that is obviously better fail. When it should be doing better, because it's better. I get that that is not what's happening.
Yeah it is and it like getting slapped In The face as a fan seeing people trash talk what you like on a daily basis while belittle those who enjoy the Thing they are trash talking.



but at that point why can't people realize that this particular aspect of the franchise is just not for you. And move on. Let those enjoy the parts you don't and them let you like the aspects you like. Like civil adults/humans.


I know know one can't take that away from me I like the visuals of the turtle I liked the actor of the turtles that's what I'm so upset about because we won't get to see more of something I really enjoy.
I know my own opinion it hasn't changed I still feel the sameway I did back in 2014 but
When people come on a forum/thread meant for fans key word fans. And said fans get picked on belittled and drowned out by people obviously not fans of said forum/thread, the logical action is to stick up for what you love.


What do fans do when met with opposition on something they enjoy? They fight. Plants are subtle they dont argue. Not to the extent of people like the ones we have seen. That called a passionate fan. Sure some come of a jerks. Some are trolls. But I just don't see anyone who has been labeled a plant actually being a plant. Sorry.


Seriously deadpool is so perfect in almost every aspect.
You make good points when it comes to people and their opinions. But as any kind of turtle fan people should know in their hearts of hearts that these movies just weren't the way to go. Just like batman fans snubbed batman & Robin. Or FF fans hated Fant4Stic. You can't say they weren't fans, or that they were jerks, the movies just weren't good.

In fact I dare say Batman & Robin wouldn't have been as bad had it been it's own thing and not a sequel to the previous movies. You just can't go from the Burton films to that mess. Even marathoning all 4 movies shows you how awkward the tone shifts in what's supposed to be the same story.

I'm anxious to see how the next guys will handle the turtles. Although after TMNT 3, tmnt 2007 and now this Bay mess, I'm also a bit worried. Are we gonna get a TMNT Nolan equivalent or be stuck with another Schumacher equivalent?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:25 AM   #515
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Just be careful on what you say to other people as there are a lot of sensitive people out there.

There have been a lot of problem with bullying on social media were some cases the victims have killed themselves and the bullies getting into trouble with some ended up in prison and also the people who own the social media websites are in trouble too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Okay, you guys are being overtly mean to Vicky & Sam. They're not the plants, both of 'em joined way before this movie was even in production. I'm sorry, guys.
Yep I've been in this forum 10 years now and spend time in the Nick Toon thread also.
I live in the UK not the US. I assume this plant thing is an American thing or one of those crazy American conspiracy theorists.
My knowledge on directors, producers and writers is s**t.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:26 AM   #516
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I've seen it 4 times already.
Be careful, you might have to get yourself checked for brain tumors in the near future.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:37 AM   #517
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Yeah.. people committing suicide over liking this movie and hearing it sucks on the forum really shouldn't be allowed to be online at all.....
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:42 AM   #518
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah.. people committing suicide over liking this movie and hearing it sucks on the forum really shouldn't be allowed to be online at all.....
No I was talking in general not the movie
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #519
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Be careful, you might have to get yourself checked for brain tumors in the near future.
So now people who enjoy something you did'nt have some form of brain damage?

Who's meant to be the 'adolescents' and 'little kids' again according to you?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-11-2016 at 04:50 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:24 AM   #520
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So now people who enjoy something you did'nt have some form of brain damage?

Who's meant to be the 'adolescents' and 'little kids' again according to you?
And you still don't understand rather obvious sarcasm, is there any statement you won't take literally? The implication that this movie is so bad it causes cancer is so clearly a joke not even a little kid could misunderstand it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april_screwed_by_cubed, big turtle gherkin, cybercubedthevirgin, neatomanlovesoots, tmnt ass juice, water the plants


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.