![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
IDW and Image reprint/ conclusion news
Take this for what it's worth:
I just met Frank Fosco at a local con here in IL. I had him sign my turtle artists jam piece and while he was signing I asked him if he will be doing anything with IDW in the future that's turtle related. He said yes in fact I'm currently working on all of the trade covers that will collect the volume 3 issues (about 4-5 covers). He even showed me the first cover and it's pretty neat. I asked if the trades will include the Savage Dragon issues because of rights and what not. He said yes that there a few things they are working on to get those printed as well, like not putting the Dragon on the cover. He also said he is currently working on an official three issue conclusion to the volume as well! I asked if those will be released as single issues or just be included in the trades. He said there is talk of both (single issues at first and then those issues being collected in the final trade). So there you have it, from his mouth to my ears to your eyeballs. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
|
Good news about the trades, but I really feel like the conclusion is unnecessary. I love the Modeen two parter.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing.
IDW, please put the conclusion in single issue format! |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
|
Simply amazing!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
Still. I'm skeptical of this "and a new conclusion, too." I suppose we'll see.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
Not sure why he would lie but I'm a I'll believe it when I see it kinda person myself.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 20
|
This is absolutely great news!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
I stopped holding my breath a long time ago. If it happens, it happens (and I'll be damned excited). But until then...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
Quote:
Last edited by The Fifth Turtle; 06-25-2016 at 12:26 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
|
I'm just happy this confirmed IDW is making trades of this series.
At only 23 issues long they can breeze through it too. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
That was probably supposed to be a secret.
If so, it's one I'm glad to be in on! Curious to see if the finisher will be more or less an adaption of the material Andrew & co. did or something different. I'd hope the former, it really tied things up perfectly, & was in part the child of Carlson's mind, after all. If they did something to further establish it as a standalone universe rather than keep it relatively ambiguous or even directly tied into Mirage, that will bum me the hell out...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
|
The thing is Andrew's Lady Shredder was the one from the unfinished Tales of the TMNT issue, she was Tang Shen's sister as I recall.
In Image Lady Shredder was intended to be Karai, but that wouldn't fit with her truce with the Turtles at the end of Mirage. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Shoulda saved my money and waited just a little longer then, eh?
![]() Although these will undoubtedly be colorized instead of B&W...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
Anyway, Frank was coloring pages on his own a few years ago. ![]() No clue as to whether or not he'd be doing these, but I know he wanted to at one point. I'd rather have them remain black & white, these issues were drawn specifically to be that way, with lots of spotting & heavy contrast. Much of it would look awkward in color, I think. The new material that our very own Sabacooza colored looked awesome, but Frank drew it knowing it'd be fully rendered, so it works. I'd like to see Courtland do it, if anyone. He compliments the style well. I'd really, really hate to see the same team who colored Mirage reprints do these, those were quite poor & riddled with inexcusable errors. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
|
Quote:
Last edited by Sabacooza; 06-28-2016 at 08:30 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Disappointing for us fans, too, really. You outshine them all.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
I still wish IDW would leave reprints as black and white. B&W just seems to suit Mirage TMNT so much better than color. I think my least favorite volume of Mirage is Volume 2 for that reason. So much color...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|