The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #1101
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I kind of hope they fit it into the reading-order chronology of the IDW Collections, but I could see how that could become impossible if they start to jump all over the timeline in Universe.
Honestly I hope that Universe stays more or less in line with the current run timeline wise. Jumping around too much is going to cause a lot of issues we aren't having now and I'm pretty happy with how tightly knit the story is so far.

How many stories are there that need to be told in a flash back that they couldn't have just told in present day?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #1102
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Honestly I hope that Universe stays more or less in line with the current run timeline wise. Jumping around too much is going to cause a lot of issues we aren't having now and I'm pretty happy with how tightly knit the story is so far.

How many stories are there that need to be told in a flash back that they couldn't have just told in present day?
True. I guess I've been anticipating it as a kind of echo of Tales of the TMNT, when in fact it might be more just filling the niche of previous mini-series. Like, "while the main story moves forward, here's what else is going on in this Universe right now!" I'm fine with that as well, as there are now so many great characters and story threads to work with... I think the turtles were kind of getting lost in their own book before, so it's great to have them back in the spotlight in the main series, however, I hope TMNT Universe starts to explore some non-turtles stories too (or at least solo/pair turtles adventures), and gives other characters like the Mutanimals more time to shine & develop. This first arc with Bishop seems AWESOME already, but it also makes me wonder why it couldn't just wait to fit into the main series? Maybe Bobby can speak to that? (hi Bobby.)
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #1103
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
Will Universe be collected it's own TPB series or will be collected with the ongoing? Perhaps a mix of both?
It'll have it's own TPBs. Eventually, a few years from now, they will be collected together in IDW Collections.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #1104
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
True. I guess I've been anticipating it as a kind of echo of Tales of the TMNT, when in fact it might be more just filling the niche of previous mini-series. Like, "while the main story moves forward, here's what else is going on in this Universe right now!" I'm fine with that as well, as there are now so many great characters and story threads to work with... I think the turtles were kind of getting lost in their own book before, so it's great to have them back in the spotlight in the main series, however, I hope TMNT Universe starts to explore some non-turtles stories too (or at least solo/pair turtles adventures), and gives other characters like the Mutanimals more time to shine & develop. This first arc with Bishop seems AWESOME already, but it also makes me wonder why it couldn't just wait to fit into the main series? Maybe Bobby can speak to that? (hi Bobby.)
We'll definitely have focus on individual Turtles, pairs of Turtles, and supporting characters, as the series goes on.

For this first story arc though, it was important to me that we establish this series as important, (and if you're a TMNT fan) necessary reading. If we had opened with a story focusing on say, Casey Jones, then that would send a signal to everyone, fans and new readers alike, that while the stories in this title might be good, the stories are not as consequential. And my experience both as a reader and a professional is that those titles die relatively quickly.

Basically we aim to keep you on your toes with a mix of smaller-scale character exploration stories and "big" stories that have a large impact on the overall TMNT line.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #1105
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
We'll definitely have focus on individual Turtles, pairs of Turtles, and supporting characters, as the series goes on.

For this first story arc though, it was important to me that we establish this series as important, (and if you're a TMNT fan) necessary reading. If we had opened with a story focusing on say, Casey Jones, then that would send a signal to everyone, fans and new readers alike, that while the stories in this title might be good, the stories are not as consequential. And my experience both as a reader and a professional is that those titles die relatively quickly.

Basically we aim to keep you on your toes with a mix of smaller-scale character exploration stories and "big" stories that have a large impact on the overall TMNT line.
Works for me! Sometimes the fandom blinds us to the sales side of things. Speaking of, will this routinely be a $5 book, or was that a first issue only dealio?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #1106
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
$5, at least for as long as we have the back up story, which is how it looks to be for the foreseeable future.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #1107
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Hi Bobby, not sure if you can answer this one or not but figured it's worth a shot. Do you know why the IDW Collections aren't available digitally?

I know you can't recreate the oversized hardback look/feel on a tablet but that didn't stop IDW releasing the Mirage Ultimate Collections digitally and I would love chronological/reading order collections available digitally. Any chance?

Thanks!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #1108
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Was Colonel Knight's first name ever given in the book or not? I can't remember if it was and I don't have all of the issues near me at the moment.

I'd assume it's the same as it was in the cartoon, but you know what they say about assuming.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:17 PM   #1109
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Hi Bobby, not sure if you can answer this one or not but figured it's worth a shot. Do you know why the IDW Collections aren't available digitally?

I know you can't recreate the oversized hardback look/feel on a tablet but that didn't stop IDW releasing the Mirage Ultimate Collections digitally and I would love chronological/reading order collections available digitally. Any chance?

Thanks!
I don't know anything about it, sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #1110
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Was Colonel Knight's first name ever given in the book or not? I can't remember if it was and I don't have all of the issues near me at the moment.

I'd assume it's the same as it was in the cartoon, but you know what they say about assuming.
I don't think we've referenced it as far as I can remember, but it should be Wesley.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:24 AM   #1111
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I don't know anything about it, sorry!
No worries, thanks for replying so quickly!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:59 AM   #1112
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant
 
Nortock Diab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 429
Hi Bobby, a question regarding the misprint in issue 5 of Bebop & Rocksteady.
It was supposed to contain the 2nd part of a TMNT boardgame scenario yet only reprinted the 1st part from issue 4.
Were all the copies of issue 5 affected?

Eventually, it was stated on KS that this scenario will be included in the boardgame box. I was thrilled to read this.
Apparently, it was kind of a compensation for the game release being released.
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #1113
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Batman

How do you feel about the DC writers making batman defeat all 4 turtles with relative ease? That didn't sit right with me. They kind of made up for it with Splinter outsmarting him, and Leo taking him down training later on. But all 4 turtles should have been able to hold their own there.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 06:42 PM   #1114
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
Hey Bobby, kinda random question that I'm sure is up to reader interpretation, but I'll ask anyways.

At the end of "Northampton", one or two Foot Assassins made off with Koya. Was Jennika one of these ninja, or did she not rise to that rank until later on?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:40 AM   #1115
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Hi Bobby, a question regarding the misprint in issue 5 of Bebop & Rocksteady.
It was supposed to contain the 2nd part of a TMNT boardgame scenario yet only reprinted the 1st part from issue 4.
Were all the copies of issue 5 affected?

Eventually, it was stated on KS that this scenario will be included in the boardgame box. I was thrilled to read this.
Apparently, it was kind of a compensation for the game release being released.
It affected all copies, yes. I can't speak to anything else regarding the board game.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #1116
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
How do you feel about the DC writers making batman defeat all 4 turtles with relative ease? That didn't sit right with me. They kind of made up for it with Splinter outsmarting him, and Leo taking him down training later on. But all 4 turtles should have been able to hold their own there.
It's something I could see Splinter doing to them, especially given the circumstances (caught off guard, not a fight to the death) so I could see Batman pulling it off too. I was fine with it personally, but it's a time honored tradition for people to have different opinions on these types of fights!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #1117
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hey Bobby, kinda random question that I'm sure is up to reader interpretation, but I'll ask anyways.

At the end of "Northampton", one or two Foot Assassins made off with Koya. Was Jennika one of these ninja, or did she not rise to that rank until later on?
Certainly not our intention at the time, but that flexibility is there that it could possibly be.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #1118
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Hi, Bobby! This may have been asked already, but do the IDW Collections include literally everything in the new TMNT comic canon? Is there anything at all that isn't being included in those collected editions?
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #1119
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
So

i know you aren't very much involved in these decisions but do you know if you'll re-release the mirage 2007 movie comics/prequel comics?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #1120
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Hi, Bobby! This may have been asked already, but do the IDW Collections include literally everything in the new TMNT comic canon? Is there anything at all that isn't being included in those collected editions?
There's no real reason for the TMNT Infestation two-parter not to be in canon, and that's not in there. Did we get that short "Ready, Set, Go!" in there? I can't recall. Maybe that. So-- it's not exhaustive, but everything that has an impact in later stories is included.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.