The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 02:12 PM   #21
Harukuro
Foot Soldier
 
Harukuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Leo looks weirdly Asian in this issue
How can he be "weirdly Asian" when he's freaking Japanese in this 'verse? You've got some serious issues.

As for the issue itself I'm really surprised that Mikey's even inviting the Mutanimals considering the last time they were together it was...terrible to say the least. Maybe he invited the members he got along with like Mondo Gecko, Sally Pride, and Pigeon Pete and ignored everyone else (especially Old Hob).

I'd like to think the figure in the shadow is Slash, because I'll admit he's one of my favourite characters in the comic and I'm happy he's coming back again, but at the same time I'm wondering what he's doing back in New York already. Like I said before, a few months (in-story) seems to be a short time to find yourself. Well I suppose I'll be getting my answers soon since he will be an important figure in the upcoming arc along with the other Mutanimals.

Overall I'm excited for this issue; we need some positive moments after the immense amount of drama the turtles have encountered this year, and what they are going to experience in the next.
__________________
"But before I go, I want you to know, Mikey, you have always been - and will always be - my hero. Farewell, my friend." - Slash (TMNT IDW #54)

Hoping that IDW Slash will finally be happy
Harukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #22
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
to be fair, there is no confirmation that the "turtle" is Asian. like his soul is "human" but his body isn't.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:47 PM   #23
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harukuro View Post
How can he be "weirdly Asian" when he's freaking Japanese in this 'verse? You've got some serious issues.

1. His past life was Japanese his current life isn't, hell by that logic Leo is technically human in this verse.

2. If that were the case then how come Leo is the only one who has Asian features, Donnie and Raph don't seem to have them and Mikey certainly doesn't have them.

3. So because I said Leo looked "weirdly asian" it means I need serious psychological help, f%^k off.
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:39 PM   #24
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 138
Anyone else notice a copy of this issue laying off to the left hand side when mike is standing on the table? I thought that was cool.
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:02 AM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan27 View Post
Anyone else notice a copy of this issue laying off to the left hand side when mike is standing on the table? I thought that was cool.
Yeah, was one of the first things I noticed. Cool little bit of metaphysical humor.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:34 AM   #26
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Spoiler:
Going by the head-shape, and these pics from Santolouco's tumblr, I'm gonna guess Pete's the guy in the shadows.
Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #27
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Spoiler:
Going by the head-shape, and these pics from Santolouco's tumblr, I'm gonna guess Pete's the guy in the shadows.
That makes the most sense, to me.

Spoiler:
Maybe he's on Seymore's shoulders, and that's why his silhouette looks so big.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
That makes the most sense, to me.

Spoiler:
Maybe he's on Seymore's shoulders, and that's why his silhouette looks so big.
Spoiler:
Probably just Santolouco drawing him that way on purpose, trying to throw us off, makeing us think it's Koya.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #29
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Spoiler:
Probably just Santolouco drawing him that way on purpose, trying to throw us off, makeing us think it's Koya.
I can definitely see that


I have a feeling this party is going to get way out of hand
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:26 AM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I knew the ending would be what it was. Happy to have been proven right.

And yay, Mutanimals!!! Just a sweet fun one-shot. Disappointed Scrooge remained a Scrooge, though.

Oh, and Woody was just a delight throughout the entire issue.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #31
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,030
Spoiler:
Will Hob contract more crabs?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Spoiler:
Will Hob contract more crabs?
"Um. Ew."
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
What a great issue! Loved the final scene, as well as the progression of the party itself!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #34
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
"Um. Ew."
Spoiler:
Hey, don't dismiss crabs, they'll stick with you no matter what!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #35
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Thanks for continuing the idea of spoilers for the first 24 hours, it will be several hours before I get to take a look at my copy. The only thing I want to know is does it progress the plot any towards round two with Agent Bishop and finding Alopex?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for continuing the idea of spoilers for the first 24 hours, it will be several hours before I get to take a look at my copy. The only thing I want to know is does it progress the plot any towards round two with Agent Bishop and finding Alopex?
Alopex is not mentioned; Bishop is seen to still be hunting for the mutants.

We also get to see each of the four Turtles' bedrooms... that had to be so much fun to draw.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:12 AM   #37
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for continuing the idea of spoilers for the first 24 hours, it will be several hours before I get to take a look at my copy. The only thing I want to know is does it progress the plot any towards round two with Agent Bishop and finding Alopex?
Well, to be honest I'm not sure spoiler tags are that needed for this issue. To answer your question:

Spoiler:
I don't think Alopex is mentioned at all and, while he does appear, Bishop is just part of a joke towards the end. The issue is less about story and more about character interaction.

I'll happily put that in spoilers, it does have some highlights.


Spoiler:
You get to see how many of the characters interact with eachother in a large crowd. Woody develops a crush on Angel, Slash tries to act friendly towards Woody, Pete annoying everyone, even Spliter shows up to give Mike new nunchucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #38
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
What a great issue! Loved the final scene, as well as the progression of the party itself!
yeah this really was an amazing issue!
that epilog was very powerful! started getting a bit difficult to read through the 'misty-eyes'.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:37 AM   #39
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
This issue was just adorable in all senses of the word. Really put me into the Holiday spirit.

Spoiler:
Loved Slash and Mikey's reunion as well as just how pleased-as-punch he seemed during the whole time. After the drama with Hob, it's great to see the big guy so happy to be among friends. (He might've been the only one smiling the whole time. XD)

Also, that ending may or may not have been so cute that I started to slightly tear up.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I found it very curious that a certain someone didn't show up with all the other mutants...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.