The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #641
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Seems weird they're updating the title/opening/show for just 1 more season. You'd think we'd get at least two seasons out of this change.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #642
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seems weird they're updating the title/opening/show for just 1 more season. You'd think we'd get at least two seasons out of this change.
Yeah it does seem weird and they also updated TMNT Master accounts on Twitter Facebook ect and now has an Instagram account. They've got a new (or updated it) fan club up.

http://www.tmntfanclub.com/

I do wonder if they know something that we don't and there is a season 6, they probably arn't allowed to say yet and have lie to people by saying season 5 is the last season.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #643
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
they also updated TMNT Master accounts on Twitter Facebook ect
Exactly, that really called my attention, because why making an account on instagram or doing a lot of changes if the show "ends" with season 5?
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #644
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yeah it does seem weird and they also updated TMNT Master accounts on Twitter Facebook ect and now has an Instagram account. They've got a new (or updated it) fan club up.

http://www.tmntfanclub.com/

I do wonder if they know something that we don't and there is a season 6, they probably arn't allowed to say yet and have lie to people by saying season 5 is the last season.
I pray to all the Gods of the universe that the show continues. I really wanted at least 7 seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #645
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
The only thing I could think of is that season 5 could be Ciro's last season and someone else is taking charge and maybe some crew are either staying or going as well.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #646
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Unless Ciro has a new show coming up I doubt that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #647
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
26? We're seriously getting 26? Yeah I'm pumped for this.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #648
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Unless Ciro has a new show coming up I doubt that.
Tales of the TMNT can be considered a new show if they do it right. Like DB and DBZ or Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #649
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Tales of the TMNT can be considered a new show if they do it right. Like DB and DBZ or Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.
Then he might as well continue.

Personally I wouldn't mind a timeskip to when the Turtles are all 18, and they change their designs to make them all look older and more mature.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #650
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,197
They're already almost 18.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #651
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Then he might as well continue.

Personally I wouldn't mind a timeskip to when the Turtles are all 18, and they change their designs to make them all look older and more mature.

it could work!
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #652
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,368
Very happy to know the fifth season has been updated to 26 episodes. That brings us to a total of 130.

Just one more 26 episode season and the Nick show will catch up to 4kids (not counting mayhem on mutant Island and Turtles Forever).


It would take 8 seasons for this show to surprass FW, which is unlikely, but I can see this show equalling or surprassing 4kids in terms of episodes if they decide to continue after season 5.

Judging by the season 5 clips, the turtles haven't gone any design change like in the previous shows, which I'm glad is the case. Unlike the previous shows, they don't need a design change. They already have had big changes in their life like Splinter and Shredder gone.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-01-2017 at 05:48 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:46 PM   #653
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I remember Season 4 was originally only going to be 20 episodes as well but then they bumped it up to 26 episodes. So if the same happened with Season 5 that's a good thing, especially on the chance it is the final season they'll have more episodes to wrap everything up.

That being said it's weird they do this, because don't they need a lot of production time to make new scripts, animation, and do all the voicework and sound edits? It's not like they can decide this stuff at the last minute.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #654
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Then he might as well continue.

Personally I wouldn't mind a timeskip to when the Turtles are all 18, and they change their designs to make them all look older and more mature.
This needs to happen some day, in animation. The comics have all done it to great effect, now let's see it in motion.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:30 PM   #655
KaiserGX
Mouser
 
KaiserGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
Since the new series is called Tales of the TMNT I think these episodes are just random tales and aren't really considered canon or weren't originally going to be part of the main story. The original Tales of the TMNT series were just stories that were added to include new characters and such but didn't have anything to do with the main storyline.

So maybe Fishface and Rahzar might have actually died. I mean Season 4 looks like it tied all the loose ends. It could technically end there if you wanted it too.

Also I think they censored the pentagram. The first trailer shows a different design from the other one and the censored one is the one I saw that aired.
__________________
C-C-Casey Jones is on the job!

KaiserGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #656
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserGX View Post
Since the new series is called Tales of the TMNT I think these episodes are just random tales and aren't really considered canon or weren't originally going to be part of the main story. The original Tales of the TMNT series were just stories that were added to include new characters and such but didn't have anything to do with the main storyline.
This season is canon and a direct continuation with what came before, it literally starts off with Tiger Claw trying to ressurrect Shredder.

And "Tales of the TMNT" in Mirage were all canon stories. Rat King and Leatherhead debuted in Tales of the TMNT for goodness sakes, and they all fit into the Mirage timeline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #657
KaiserGX
Mouser
 
KaiserGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
When I said canon in that context I meant stuff that wasn't part of the main series or originally intended to. I guess I should have used a better word. Of course everything that happened in Tales of TMNT doesn't contradict anything in the main series but it's still just a collection of random stories. I don't expect anything in Season 5 to follow the same type of episode structure as the rest of the series. Or that it will even follow some sort of natural story progression between the whole season. I think Season 4 was meant to end the series and Season 5 is just a way to make episodes without having to worry about the story-line as much and maybe let some of the writers do some of the stories they wanted to do or maybe give them some more freedom. Not saying they are going to contradict any previous canon specifically. I mean they changed the title of the series, they wouldn't have done that if there wasn't going to be some sort of change.
__________________
C-C-Casey Jones is on the job!

KaiserGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #658
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Then he might as well continue.

Personally I wouldn't mind a timeskip to when the Turtles are all 18, and they change their designs to make them all look older and more mature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This needs to happen some day, in animation. The comics have all done it to great effect, now let's see it in motion.
I was actually hoping they would do this with Season 5. Or at the very least, Ciro gives us a tease of what they'll look like when they're older.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #659
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This season is canon and a direct continuation with what came before, it literally starts off with Tiger Claw trying to ressurrect Shredder.

And "Tales of the TMNT" in Mirage were all canon stories. Rat King and Leatherhead debuted in Tales of the TMNT for goodness sakes, and they all fit into the Mirage timeline.
Mirage tales of the TMNT were indeed canon, but they weren't connected. One issue could take place in the far future. Another issue could take place before they fought shredder.

Though I'm sure the show just used the title for whatever reason. I don't think they're gonna jump all over the timeline.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #660
KaiserGX
Mouser
 
KaiserGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
That's kind of what I mean. I mean the last episode was called Owari, that means The End basically. I think that was the intention.The show's story is considered done but these tales are some freebies. May or may not follow any linear structure or even end the story because as I see it, they have already ended it.
__________________
C-C-Casey Jones is on the job!

KaiserGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
season 5


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.