The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #121
The Deadman
Foot Elite

New Details on IT Sequel Revealed, Child Actors to Return
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...eL5X4VlwWTh.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #122
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Amityville: The Awakening Available First on Google Play October 12
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...WXDPO7ehjWI.99

Old 10-18-2017, 05:04 AM   #123
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Saw Happy Death Day last night.

Enjoyed it for what it was. Predictable as hell and there's virtually no on screen violence, but it was a decent time that I don't regret.

Hope that the success it's having resparks the slasher genre at the box office.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 05:50 PM   #124
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Devil’s Rejects Sequel Next Up for Rob Zombie
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...IhxrKUmlyXZ.99

Old 10-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #125
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Saw Cult of chucky, a bit mean spirited but a pretty good Child's play film
Old 10-26-2017, 12:35 AM   #126
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Saw Happy Death Day last night.

Enjoyed it for what it was. Predictable as hell and there's virtually no on screen violence, but it was a decent time that I don't regret.

Hope that the success it's having resparks the slasher genre at the box office.
Yeah I enjoyed it as well. Not superb but still passable.

The farting scene though, that was a riot.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:26 AM   #127
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Finally got around to seeing IT several months ago. I was told by a step-parent to read the book. (And if anyone asks, yes, we've seen the older IT movie as well.)

As far as horror movies are concerned.. the Halloween franchise is still my favorite, and I still enjoy the first movie.

Season of the Witch (also called Halloween 3), ..that movie was just ..off. I mean the first two movies had the same people in it, and both of the same protagonists were trying to survive against Michael Myers.

The third movie was something completely different. A spoiler will be put in place. Read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
From the way I see H3, it isn't the best idea to 'shift gears' from a family that has a psychotic killer that simply hates his family and attempts murder on random family members story-plot, to a creepy old fart mask-maker that 'wants the hills to run red with the blood [of children]' just to satisfy some ancient Celtic tradition of ritual sacrifice type of story-plot.

So yeah.. S.o.t.W - it would have been great if it was just a stand-alone movie without the Halloween name attached to it, even though Cochran's plan to kill millions of people, would take place on Halloween.

However there are a couple of 'easter eggs' in the movie that I did enjoy: the original Halloween theme was used in a few scenes, and unless my memory does deceive me, there was a movie trailer for Halloween I that played on a screen in Halloween 3.

Despite the many deaths of Michael Myers and the fans of the Halloween franchise hopeful of yet another movie.. I still like Halloween.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #128
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

was watching Creepshow and saw about half of it. Gonna finish the other half Friday or Saturday maybe.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:45 PM   #129
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Finally got around to seeing IT several months ago. I was told by a step-parent to read the book. (And if anyone asks, yes, we've seen the older IT movie as well.)

As far as horror movies are concerned.. the Halloween franchise is still my favorite, and I still enjoy the first movie.

Season of the Witch (also called Halloween 3), ..that movie was just ..off. I mean the first two movies had the same people in it, and both of the same protagonists were trying to survive against Michael Myers.

The third movie was something completely different. A spoiler will be put in place. Read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
From the way I see H3, it isn't the best idea to 'shift gears' from a family that has a psychotic killer that simply hates his family and attempts murder on random family members story-plot, to a creepy old fart mask-maker that 'wants the hills to run red with the blood [of children]' just to satisfy some ancient Celtic tradition of ritual sacrifice type of story-plot.

So yeah.. S.o.t.W - it would have been great if it was just a stand-alone movie without the Halloween name attached to it, even though Cochran's plan to kill millions of people, would take place on Halloween.

However there are a couple of 'easter eggs' in the movie that I did enjoy: the original Halloween theme was used in a few scenes, and unless my memory does deceive me, there was a movie trailer for Halloween I that played on a screen in Halloween 3.

Despite the many deaths of Michael Myers and the fans of the Halloween franchise hopeful of yet another movie.. I still like Halloween.
It's been a few years since I last saw 3,4, h20 and Resurrection. I could live without 3, my thought on that is that maybe they were going to do a series of different stories but soon realised that this wasn't going to work, so they went back to Myers. It did take a while for them to explain Myers properly though, was it the 6th movie?, unless I missed that in the earlier movies.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:42 AM   #130
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I could live without 3, my thought on that is that maybe they were going to do a series of different stories but soon realised that this wasn't going to work, so they went back to Myers.
Spot on. The idea was the first 2 are the story of Michael and starting with 3 they were going to just do different "Halloween" themed movies (as in the holiday and not the actual series). Each one would be a different story revolving around or on the day itself. Kinda like an anthology like Creepshow or Trick R Treat I guess. People hated the 3rd because Michael wasn't in it, and they basically just said "**** it" and brought him back.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:15 AM   #131
Allio
Foot Elite

not horror movie in of itself, but I saw Slasher Guilty Party and season 2 was pretty good. I'd say the mystery definitely was better than the first season.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #132
Allio
Foot Elite

Saw "House on Willow Street" and for the most part I enjoy IFC Midnight movies, maybe they aren't the strongest but theyalways have ideas that I love.

While the movie follows the typical "kidnappings going horribly wrong" type of story, the rules of the demon are interesting

Spoiler:
The demon has to possess four people to win, it takes time for a full on possession and in such cases people can die. People that commit suicide cannot be possessed, before people are fully possessed can commit suicide.
Only way to free the possessed is to burn the host

Spoiler:
We learn that in the past some people were possessed before killing a loved one, but it seems before they were taken control they commited suicide. A mother killed her sons and then gourged her own eyes out.

We learn that the main character's parents were killed in a fire by this demon, we don't know who was possessed. The MC's own personal demon was her mother's spirit that was being used by the demon to torment the MC, at the end, the mother demon burned two of the possessed people.

Spoiler:

Using this, we can probably assume that the Demon had possessed the mother in the past, whom had committed suicide by fire - thus breaking the possession, even if it were by accident. So while her soul still belonged to the demon itself, she wasn't in his control. She was only able to appear because the MC blamed herself for her death.

It is pretty interesting take.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:36 AM   #133
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 12-20-2017, 01:34 PM   #134
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Original Shape Actor Playing Michael Myers in ‘Halloween’ 2018!

Old 12-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #135
newfan
Mad Scientist

I missed that one, is this a new reboot, sequel from the first lot or a 3rd movie in the last reboot?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #136
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I missed that one, is this a new reboot, sequel from the first lot or a 3rd movie in the last reboot?
It's apparently a sequel that takes place after the original. Rob Zombie isnt making this one so it's not part of the reboot series.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #137
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Its times like these that make me wish John Carpenter went ahead and made the Halloween films an anthology series instead of focusing on Mike Myers
Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
It's apparently a sequel that takes place after the original. Rob Zombie isnt making this one so it's not part of the reboot series.
It's got Jamie Lee Curtis also. And ignores both H2 and H20.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #139
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Saw Cult of chucky, a bit mean spirited but a pretty good Child's play film
I mean it is a slasher flick, kind of part of the charm.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #140
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Next ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Film Will Likely Reboot Once Again