The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #2681
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Hey Bobby, shouldn't the #88 and the Leo Macro Full Previews be out by now?
Yeah, I would assume so. My guess is the sites where they are normally posted were just down for the Friday after Thanksgiving. My progress report has them both on sale next week. (not sure how they both landed on the same week, but there you have it)
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #2682
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yeah, I would assume so. My guess is the sites where they are normally posted were just down for the Friday after Thanksgiving. My progress report has them both on sale next week. (not sure how they both landed on the same week, but there you have it)
Don't you mean this week? Or...?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #2683
Igglet
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yeah, I would assume so. My guess is the sites where they are normally posted were just down for the Friday after Thanksgiving. My progress report has them both on sale next week. (not sure how they both landed on the same week, but there you have it)
Got you, thanks! I'm gonna hope that you mean this week seeing as they issues have already been moved and all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #2684
returner
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Five issues (six if you include the #0 issue from earlier in the year). But Rise comics should be be back in a new form after a little hiatus.
Thanks for answering, look forward to seeing them back.

As a follow-up question, is the initial trade going to just be issues 0 to 2 or will it be expanded to 5 as well, or are 3 to 5 going to be in their own trade?
returner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #2685
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by returner View Post
Thanks for answering, look forward to seeing them back.

As a follow-up question, is the initial trade going to just be issues 0 to 2 or will it be expanded to 5 as well, or are 3 to 5 going to be in their own trade?
Obviously 3 to 5 in a second trade.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #2686
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist
 
AlZarkovski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by returner View Post
Thanks for answering, look forward to seeing them back.

As a follow-up question, is the initial trade going to just be issues 0 to 2 or will it be expanded to 5 as well, or are 3 to 5 going to be in their own trade?
3 issues.
https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...=ninja+turtles
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #2687
returner
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10
Just seems strange that only three issues make up a trade, especially as there's a through-line with the stories that presumably will conclude in issue 5.
returner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #2688
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Don't you mean this week? Or...?
This week! My bad! I blame four day weekend!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #2689
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
This week! My bad! I blame four day weekend!
Oh, thank Stan Lee! I was worried there for a second. Thanks!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:23 AM   #2690
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 213
Hey, Bobby! Is there any way Tristan Jones could get a chance to finish the story he started in Tales of the TMNT once Urban Legends is wrapped? I happened to mention it on Facebook and he expressed interest!



If this isn't your department, I apologize. If you could let me know who I should contact, I'd really appreciate it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:00 AM   #2691
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
How did you guys settle on "Bishop is a fetus-man"? It's quite different from the old "replacement clone bodies" version from the cartoon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #2692
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
Hey, Bobby! Is there any way Tristan Jones could get a chance to finish the story he started in Tales of the TMNT once Urban Legends is wrapped? I happened to mention it on Facebook and he expressed interest!

https://i.imgur.com/1JV7hRp.jpg

If this isn't your department, I apologize. If you could let me know who I should contact, I'd really appreciate it!
Unlikely, but maybe one day!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #2693
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
How did you guys settle on "Bishop is a fetus-man"? It's quite different from the old "replacement clone bodies" version from the cartoon.
The complete answer to that is tied to some story elements that are still to come, but something I can say now is that we enjoyed the irony of this guy who hates non-humans using non-human tech to stay alive. The Utrom suit was the thing that best suited that criteria while providing a surprise.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:41 PM   #2694
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
The complete answer to that is tied to some story elements that are still to come, but something I can say now is that we enjoyed the irony of this guy who hates non-humans using non-human tech to stay alive. The Utrom suit was the thing that best suited that criteria while providing a surprise.
Hey Bobby,

It seemed that you and Tom leaned heavily into story elements from Ch'rell / the Utrom Shredder from 4Kids in the story arc... the decapitation, the reveal of what somebody really is...

I'd love to see this go towards Bishop cloning a real human body for himself down the road. And maybe even some "Insane in the Membrane" goodness?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #2695
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Is Bishop's middle name his father's name?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #2696
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Is Bishop's middle name his father's name?
I can't recall off hand. I don't think so? But I could very easily be misremembering.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #2697
Teddygaming reviews
Hench Mutant
 
Teddygaming reviews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: 2105
Posts: 329
Could we see any big plot twist of old charters from some early comics. Or even a bigger threat that we have not seen yet. And why did slash have to go out with a bang .
Teddygaming reviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #2698
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddygaming reviews View Post
Could we see any big plot twist of old charters from some early comics. Or even a bigger threat that we have not seen yet. And why did slash have to go out with a bang .
Old character from Mirage or from early in our run? Either way, probably can't say for fear of spoilers.

We all hate Slash here and were very eager to see him gone. (I'm kidding! We all love Slash. Just how the story is unfolding for us I suppose!)
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #2699
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
About the explosion, how big was it? They must have gotten him pretty far out, even the earliest nukes could wipe Washington DC off the map.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #2700
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I can't recall off hand. I don't think so? But I could very easily be misremembering.
Just wondering, because since his dad's name is Wayne and John's middle initial is W... sometimes kids' middle names are their parents' names (I know more than a few)... and that would make him John Wayne Bishop
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.