The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 04:46 PM   #301
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Two weeks now and they haven't gotten more in. Very frustrating.

EDIT:

Yeesh, it's even worse than I thought. I had to go back on the way home for groceries, and since this afternoon they re-stocked the NECA shelf with a TON of Freddy, Jason, Gremlins, and Godzilla figures. AND they removed all the TMNT price tags and replaced them with other ones.

I give up. I'm either gonna blow my refund check on paying twice what these things are worth on eBay, OR, more likely at this point, I'm gonna say "F*ck it, I really don't care that much" and forget the whole thing.

I would have been all on in Wave 2, as well, but this whole disaster has left an awful taste in my mouth. If NECA isn't going to make these more available - preferably on their stupid website - then they've gotten their last dime from me.

Sucks. I was loving these NECA guys a month ago, now they can go get f*cked as far as I'm concerned. This whole thing has been handled HORRIBLY, for no real reason. They said these things would be fairly easy to get, and they lied. Until they get their sh*t together I'm not supporting them any further.

Like it matters. They have plenty of other people perfectly willing to jump through their hoops. Ah well. C'est la vie.

Last edited by Leo656; 03-26-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #302
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Two weeks now and they haven't gotten more in. Very frustrating.

EDIT:

Yeesh, it's even worse than I thought. I had to go back on the way home for groceries, and since this afternoon they re-stocked the NECA shelf with a TON of Freddy, Jason, Gremlins, and Godzilla figures. AND they removed all the TMNT price tags and replaced them with other ones.

I give up. I'm either gonna blow my refund check on paying twice what these things are worth on eBay, OR, more likely at this point, I'm gonna say "F*ck it, I really don't care that much" and forget the whole thing.

I would have been all on in Wave 2, as well, but this whole disaster has left an awful taste in my mouth. If NECA isn't going to make these more available - preferably on their stupid website - then they've gotten their last dime from me.

Sucks. I was loving these NECA guys a month ago, now they can go get f*cked as far as I'm concerned. This whole thing has been handled HORRIBLY, for no real reason. They said these things would be fairly easy to get, and they lied. Until they get their sh*t together I'm not supporting them any further.

Like it matters. They have plenty of other people perfectly willing to jump through their hoops. Ah well. C'est la vie.
I will keep an eye out for another set for you.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:50 PM   #303
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I will keep an eye out for another set for you.
I appreciate it; it's rare that I ever have a couple hundred bucks to spare at once, but hey, ya never know. Keep me in the loop and we'll go from there.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #304
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Leo, as much as I love you- welcome to the modern collecting world. Sh*tty distribution is basically a staple food at this point. It’s why I order online exclusively as much as I can. I know I should expect it at this point, but I just can’t believe NECA f*cked the distribution up with these as much as they did either. They had to realize the demand would be insane.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:44 PM   #305
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
snake: It would be terrific if they were available online. I'd have them already.

Here's the thing: At the Targets I've visited - and phoned (because I already spend $60 a week just on gas going to and from work and I'm not gonna double that chasing f*cking toys) only ever get Freddy, Jason, Godzilla and Gremlins stuff. And it doesn't move! They were TOLD - by NECA - that they'd be getting multiple shipments of these TMNT figures over the past month, and they've each gotten ONE. ONE shipment. They were promised more. "Well, it's up to NECA. They said they'd have more by now. We don't know what's going on."

In that same timeframe, they've each received multiple Freddy/Jason/Gremlins shipments, about one per week, despite the fact that some of the ones that they had out for CHRISTMAS are still there, and that if it were up to them, they'd REALLY rather be getting the TMNT sets because people actually WANT to buy those figures. Instead, they have many, MANY people coming in and going home disappointed. That's not what they want, and it's not what anyone was promised.

I fail to see why these are only available in Target stores if Target themselves can't even get their hands on them, OR at the absolute least even get a straight answer from NECA about when to expect more. I doubt Target would even want to partner with them again on any kind of "Exclusive" deal if they've botched this so horribly, there's no point. They WANT the product, the product is being withheld from them and there's nothing they can do about it. And the NECA people are apparently up on Mount Olympus, "too busy" to be bothered to communicate with anyone, even their "partners" in this project.

Any way you slice it, it's sloppy, terrible business. If they'd at least communicate, it would be a little bit forgivable. Just tell the f*cking store manager(s), "We'll be shipping more of them to your store on _____." That's it! That's all I ask for, that's the bare minimum of what anyone should expect from a "professional" company.

It is what it is. NECA's products are great but they get pretty low marks from me for customer service. If it was going to be such a hassle to actually get them into stores, they should't have even bothered with Target and just made them website-exclusive. It's not even the fact that they're rare that's the issue, it REALLY isn't; it's the fact that people were lied to, multiple times, about the availability and distribution, and the fact that they can't even be bothered to let anyone know what's going on.

Sorry to rant, but all I hear day-in/day-out at my job is "Customer Service, Customer Service". Over and over again. So some things, I just find inexcusable.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:18 AM   #306
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Leo656, i understand your upset about the stock on these figures but have you visited the TMNT Lives 4ever Facebook group? people have posted pics of these figures crammed in the shelves. it is possible that people come in and scoop them up for scalper market which NECA and even Target have no control over
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #307
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,130
I think the problem is that the distribution is all over the place (as is the norm these days for toys unfortunately). My local Target got in one set when they first hit, and nothing since. The next closest Target didn't get anything at all. Meanwhile other people talk about seeing 3-4 sets at a time and there being restocks. I get that NECA needs to prioritize bigger and higher-trafficked stores to receive more product but really, one set for a town of 50k that's 30 min from one of the biggest cities in the country? We're not talking about Kmart here, Target is going to be able to move product.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #308
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Neca have probably not produced enough figures and certain stores are prioritized over others. I've experienced that a lot working in retail, something popular is on sale and the manufacturer haven't made enough. What fun, and of course it's us in the store that get the mouthfuls of customers that think we can do magic and update the ad listings lol.

Not kidding, straight up had a customer that said why couldn't I update the customer letter detailing what we had on sale that were sold out. A physical paper, that's been sent out before the sale started, made for the whole store chain, not just our little store. I looked that old geezer in the eyes and said "Do I look like a ****ing wizard to you?" I think he took the hint.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:00 PM   #309
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Thread closed for cleanup.

Thread "cleaned" and now reopened....now keep it this way...I ain't your momma.

And Leo, if you dish it out...learn to take it better. To get reports on posts with snarky emojis in response to paragraphs of bile and name calling (or mocking...and to steal from Carlin...) is ridiculous.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:57 AM   #310
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
In other news...I found a whole turtle load of NECA 2 packs at Target today (5 whole sets, but only bought 3) and those will go up on the site as well at a later date. I never gouge dromers so all will be well.

These will only be sold as full sets but if you need singles you have to let me know fast so I can go buy more. These will be posted on the site at stupid prices and if I can verify your info here I will give users one time discount codes to take them down to 60/set (only way to make this fair). If they don't sell to dromers I will push them at conventions.

All contact info is in my signature.

THE TURTLE LOAD:
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys


Last edited by Coro; 03-28-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 AM   #311
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Which Target in St. Louis is this at??? I've been at all of my local ones and have yet to see any in.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:46 AM   #312
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Which Target in St. Louis is this at??? I've been at all of my local ones and have yet to see any in.

That was last night at gravois bluffs. Some of the Raphs were smashed up though. If you dont find them there, let me know and I will sell you a set for retail price.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #313
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Two weeks now and they haven't gotten more in. Very frustrating.

EDIT:

Yeesh, it's even worse than I thought. I had to go back on the way home for groceries, and since this afternoon they re-stocked the NECA shelf with a TON of Freddy, Jason, Gremlins, and Godzilla figures. AND they removed all the TMNT price tags and replaced them with other ones.

.
Well damn, that's disheartening, as they've never shown up at my local Target, no space on the shelf for them, no price tags, or anything, so if they're already moving on from them at stores that had stock, I'm guessing my store will never see them.
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #314
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Five sets? Impressive, must have caught them just stocked.

Finally got over to my Target (Christiana Mall, DE) and took a peek while there. Those prices are out of my league right now so didn't buy, but they did have one full set on the shelf, but just that one of each.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #315
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
OK I have posted the Target Exclusives on the site and they are now ready for purchase...

DO NOT PAY THAT PRICE!

Follow the instructions over on the B/S/T Thread to get a $50 discount...well unless you want to pay that price. I won't stop you I suppose.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:16 PM   #316
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant
 
Princess Anri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
OK I have posted the Target Exclusives on the site and they are now ready for purchase...

DO NOT PAY THAT PRICE!

Follow the instructions over on the B/S/T Thread to get a $50 discount...well unless you want to pay that price. I won't stop you I suppose.
Message (on your site) sent!
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic!

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #317
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
Message (on your site) sent!
I got you...its an annoying process but effective.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #318
mikey see
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
In other news...I found a whole turtle load of NECA 2 packs at Target today (5 whole sets, but only bought 3) and those will go up on the site as well at a later date. I never gouge dromers so all will be well.
Thanks for posting! I'm in the STL area as well and haven't had any luck whatsoever finding these. I've been calling my local store pretty much daily and coming up empty. I hadn't been as active this week but thanks to your post I decided to check and sure enough, my store got in 4 sets! There are now 3 and I'm a happy camper.

I didn't realize these guys had the two-tone paint job. It's not my favorite but it looks pretty good. I just hope NECA doesn't release a normal version later, as I'll probably prefer those.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:35 PM   #319
Filespit
Hench Mutant
 
Filespit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 424
I finally got mine today, shoutout to VaughnMichael who helped me get them. These are awesome figures.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:43 PM   #320
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Thanks for posting! I'm in the STL area as well and haven't had any luck whatsoever finding these. I've been calling my local store pretty much daily and coming up empty. I hadn't been as active this week but thanks to your post I decided to check and sure enough, my store got in 4 sets! There are now 3 and I'm a happy camper.

I didn't realize these guys had the two-tone paint job. It's not my favorite but it looks pretty good. I just hope NECA doesn't release a normal version later, as I'll probably prefer those.

Awesome! What location in STL? Glad to see these are finally getting around out here. Support the drome and screw the scalpers!
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.