![]() |
|
|
#581 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
I think there's more things then just "show bad", cause Rise isn't a bad show, it's pretty darn good and of what I've seen it seems to be pretty popular among kids and teens.
Instead. Action figures is a dying thing, kids stops with them younger and younger and it's become more of a nostalgia collector thing. Toys r us is dead as well as other large toy store retailers around the globe, and Playmates might be careful not to flood a semi-niche marked with too much stock like they did with some of the 2012 waves and movie figures. And maybe Playmates is aware that their Rise figures isn't all that great either, so they keep the flow on a minimum, cause those Basic Turtles figures looks pretty awkward. |
|
|
|
|
|
#582 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
|
Yeah, I can’t believe it’s been about six months since I found the Battle Shell wave and no new basic figures since. And people still seem to be having trouble finding that wave.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell! |
|
|
|
|
|
#583 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 156
|
Quote:
Still have yet to see any Battle Shells in my area. I looks at 6-8 Targets or Walmarts depending on the week.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#584 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 652
|
That’s terrible.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell! |
|
|
|
|
|
#585 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
|
A friend of mine picked up battleshell Mikey and his head doesn't fit on the regular torso like Leo's did. Wanted to share before you bought them all.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#587 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
I want a Rise Leo not made by Playmates.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#588 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
I want Rise Turtles Revoltechs so badly. It'd be perfect for the Amazing Yamaguchi line for non Marvel and DC entry, they're already branching out with a new Optimus Prime
|
|
|
|
|
|
#589 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
God, please, I need it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#590 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
all battle shells in stock on walmart.com for around $9, except leo who stays around $20 for some reason. but yes they are hard to find, and the baddies from that wave.
Not expecting revo or other import versions of the Rise characters. Would be a shock to me. |
|
|
|
|
|
#591 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Is Rise showing in Japan? Import toys depends on the popularity of the show I guess, we did get Revoltechs of the 2012 figures and Bandai did SH Figuarts of the FW (retro stock art) Turtles
|
|
|
|
|
|
#592 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
I haven't seen any product restocks all year. Nothing has gone completely empty, but even in stores that are down to 2-3 figures have sat that way for months.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#593 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
|
In my country Rise turtles never even came, some stores still have shelfwarming 2012 stock.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#594 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Same. I’ve not seen a single Rise product on the shelves. We have at least episode 1 dubbed in Norwegian. But stores that do have TMNT is petty leftovers that no one bought in 2012’s toy line heyday
|
|
|
|
|
|
#595 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
|
I can't speak for everywhere in Europe, but Rise of the TMNT toys never made it to Spain nor France.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#596 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Battle Shells finally showed up at my Walmart. Had a weak moment and went ahead and got Leo. The proportion differences compared to the basics is... interesting. I do like Leo's head sculpt better on it and the eyes look less... I dunno, over-medicated?
Love the little throwing knives as the mystery gear. (Is this random or do they all get the same, I wonder?) About this limp sword though... lol |
|
|
|
|
|
#597 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
|
I know mega constroxs or whatever it is has the rights to TMNT but I saw the trailer for a new Lego series Nickelodeon has so I'm just gonna make this up in my mind knowing this won't be real
But what if rise Lego sets came out I think I whould want sets like The shellraiser The shell hog and the technodrome (IF THE TECHNODROME WILL EVEN EXIST IN RISE) So yeah what do you think and what should I add ![]() Idk if this is the right thread though |
|
|
|
|
|
#598 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
|
I think I'm flooding thread but https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m866...CABEgJot_D_BwE
Unless you don't want a kids meal toy and want a figure you chould buy at anytime and have many points of articulation this is the closest I got to a rise leo not made by playmates |
|
|
|
|
|
#599 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
|
Quote:
And no, I do not believe this is the right thread for it.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#600 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Galar
Posts: 125
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2018, action figures, playmates, rise of the tmnt, toys |
|
|