![]() |
|
|
#2861 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
You mean the guy with the American flag patch on his jacket shoulder? That does not an EPF soldier make. Plus, they're black ops. Would they even wear the flag on their gear like that? Could very well just be a random grunt with a fancy jacket patch.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2862 |
|
Guest
Posts: n/a
|
God damn it, my bad. Somehow my mind jumped to the weirdest conclusion. Thanks for the clarification anyway.
|
|
|
|
#2863 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
|
Quote:
Gotta wait and see. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2864 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
|
Hi Bobby thank you so much for putting in the map in #93 it helps a lot to lay out where everything has been happening for all these years in the book. I'm not super familiar with Manhattan, (I can count the times I've been to NYC on one hand.) so this was a really great key for me to follow along with.
I'm guessing 2nd Time Around, Rupert's Pizza and Skara Brae are all located somewhere in that Purple Dragon territory? I know this map is for City Fall and meant to show who controls what lands but do you think you might ever place down where you imagine NULL corp/Stockgen/TCRI etc were? I guess it's all trivial and the turtles get where they need to be as the story demands but if you guys have it figured out please share this geeky info as it does add to the huge living and breathing world that you and Tom everybody at IDW has created for the TMNT. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2865 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2866 |
|
Guest
Posts: n/a
|
Oh snap, thanks a lot man!
|
|
|
|
#2867 | |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2868 | |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2869 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 53
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2870 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 95
|
Any particular reason the collected books are not uniform in size? For instance, the Infestations 2 hardcover is slightly smaller than the TMNT IDW Collection hardcovers. And the the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover is smaller than the Usagi Yojimbo Complete Collection softcover.
Personally I think any collection should print the content at least as big as the individual issues. So I've been pretty happy with the collections, except for the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover, because the artwork was reduced in size. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2871 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 190
|
Quote:
I also remain puzzled as to why IDW insist on re-coloring everything, even the stuff that was previously colored. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2872 | |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2873 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 239
|
Hi Bobby
I just recently decided to read the non-canon books of the IDW series and read the Deviations issue (better late than never ). Is Kitsune physically capable of being killed but not spiritually? Adding on that, going back to #66 I think (the one where Raph and Angel go get Alopex from Alaska), the three are wondering at the end what happened to Kitsune after Alopex seemingly decapitated her in the Astral Plane and I was thinking "but shes immortal, how can they wonder that?"
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2874 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Good question-- and the answer is we don't really know for sure, with the information given. I will say that Deviations was a big old bit of foreshadowing. We've since gone on to show that the Pantheon can be hurt on the astral plan (City of Rats arc).
This isn't a canon answer, we'll reserve that for on the printed page. But I read 'immortal' for the pantheon much like in the vampire sense: they won't die of natural causes, but there are things that can hurt and kill them. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2875 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 239
|
Quote:
Speaking of the Pantheon, (and I understand that you may not be able to answer this) is the Pantheon matriarch going to be introduced? We've heard about their father, but I'm assuming a mothers gotta be out there somewhere, whether in the mortal realm or the afterlife. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2876 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Another interesting question! All i'll say is that the Pantheon family is going to be explored more in Shredder in Hell, so if that's an aspect of the series you're interested in, definitely check that out if you haven't already. #3 out today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2877 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 79
|
Hey Bobby,
I just read Shredder in Hell # 3, which was great! I had a couple of questions I was curious about. - Does having the spirit trapped in their soul give Saki/ Tatsuo any advanage as a warrior? They both seemed above normal human levels in terms of power and skill? Just curious if that was ever thought of. - I thought Saki has all of Tatsuo's memories? Wouldn't he know that Tatsuo was told about the Dragon from Kitsune? - Is Saki immoral in terms of not physically aging? I ask this because he seen a older version of himself in this issue and the Shredder Micro issue. - Finally, will we find out Kitsune's full plan with the Shredder in this mini series? I know Saki was in a ooze pool for centries but will we find out how it changed his body and spirit and ultimatly how he fits in with the pantheon? Thanks! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2878 | |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Quote:
-I'd just sort of be making up an answer for you here... I don't think so, personally. I think they're just well trained and skilled fighters. -I don't think we've ever said that Saki has Tatsuo's memories-- if I recall correctly he's seen flashes of his previous life, but I don't recall us saying he had all memories. -Saki would age normally without ooze. -We know Kitsune's plan, just not some of the 'how's' of it. Beyond that, I can't speak to things that may or may not happen in the future. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2879 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 239
|
On the vein of that, I was wondering something. Now, I understand the Japanese naming system in that the family name comes first and the given name comes second (Oroku Saki, Hamato Yoshi, etc.). My question is, what's the proper Japanese form of Takeshi Tatsuo? Is what I just wrote right or is Tatsuo Takeshi right? I've seen it said both ways.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2880 |
|
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
|
Takeshi Tatsuo. That's how it appeared in Secret History, and to my knowledge every time since then. If you've seen it otherwise, chalk it up to an editing error.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz |
|
|