The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #101
Dejablue
Stone Warrior
 
Dejablue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
Having 2 different shows with 2 different tones running more or less at the same time. Would be interesting. But also expensive?
__________________

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:57 AM   #102
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Having 2 different shows with 2 different tones running more or less at the same time. Would be interesting. But also expensive?
If for example there was an older live action series on Netflix you could still have Rise airing on Nick, two different things for different audiences.
With things like DC and Marvel characters there's a variety so far as movies, older shows and toons. Granted the last movies were PG-13 but that... didn't work out. I'm not even sure there will be the new movie they talked about at this point, seen as things seemed to go silent.

Last edited by newfan; 11-29-2019 at 11:06 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #103
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Having 2 different shows with 2 different tones running more or less at the same time. Would be interesting. But also expensive?
Would be interesting if tmnt cartoons got the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog/Satam treatment, going as far as having the same designs/voices for both shows.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #104
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
This fight boils down to "I want" vs "I do not want".

In another thread, a user pointed out that, some people, want a thing changed to suit them, because they are bored with what a thing is, much to the chagrin of life long fans. They argued that the life long fans often suffer, because in order to get new fans, you have to adapt a brand from what it was, to what it was not.

Let's use a food many people love, and wars have been fought over, namely, Chocolate.

Chocolate, if suddenly changed, and replaced with, oh let's say, diarrhea, might bother most people, while some, may actually enjoy the new taste, and others may even argue they don't really see much difference, after all, brown is brown, is brown, right?
Some may actually enjoy the contrarian position, giggling at the displeasure of everyone else.
But most people, the sane, well adjusted people, might yearn for chocolate to be chocolate again.
You might argue that change is inevitable, or that chocolate should taste like diarrhea.

Maybe you get hung up on the definition of it, building a straw man argument around the notion that diarrhea isn't a specific flavour at all, and therefore, a poor choice of descriptive.
better yet, you might get ANGRY that diarrhea is being put down, and cry to the powers that be, that people are saying bad things about diarrhea.
It's still not the way chocolate should taste, and everyone knows it, no matter what silly argument you use.

In the end, you will not have convinced anyone that diarrhea is the better taste for chocolate, all you'll have done, is turn people off chocolate.
Now nobody is buying chocolate, or at least, most people aren't. there's no real demand, and you've cost the world something they once loved.

The point is, diarrhea is out there, and there is plenty of it.

Leave Chocolate alone.

I hope my analogy wasn't too on the nose.

Last edited by TommyT; 11-29-2019 at 12:02 PM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #105
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
Only one small problem with your example though, is that Rise is not "replacing" any other version of tmnt, which are all still out there to enjoy.

So Rise may be Diarrhea for you and thats all cool, but no one's taking away your chocolate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #106
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Only one small problem with your example though, is that Rise is not "replacing" any other version of tmnt, which are all still out there to enjoy.

So Rise may be Diarrhea for you and thats all cool, but no one's taking away your chocolate.
My analogy covered that EXACT argument, but I deleted it thinking it was too far.
No more chocolate remains as it was. the diarrhea flavour has seeped into all the chocolate available. We now have only the memory of chocolate.
There isn't a secret black market of old flavored chocolate. it's all just diarrhea.

But more straw men, please.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #107
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Is this Super Goku?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #108
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this Super Goku?
What? What does DBZ have to so with the argument?
This dude, papatroll, is actively pushing for childishness in TMNT.

I’m not entirely opposed to children having a show for them, but so far, its only been for them, and as Andrew said, there’s nothing for us. Why is it so complicated? April isn’t a little girl, she’s a grown woman. The turtles aren’t wacky magic wielding comedians, and Splinter sure as hell shouldn’t be a joke, a washed up actor. The hell is this garbage? A tickle fight with Shredder?

As a send up of TMNT, a parody of itself, sure. But this is obnoxious as a series. Its beyond I don’t like, it’s an imposter.

I get irreverent writing, And It’s clear that the last two episodes of the first season were a middle finger to people like me. Mocking us, but whats great is, that’s over. Cancelled. Bye bye. Done.
We put an end to this and it will be retconned and ignored.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:59 PM   #109
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
What? What does DBZ have to so with the argument?
This dude, papatroll, is actively pushing for childishness in TMNT.

I’m not entirely opposed to children having a show for them, but so far, its only been for them, and as Andrew said, there’s nothing for us. Why is it so complicated? April isn’t a little girl, she’s a grown woman. The turtles aren’t wacky magic wielding comedians, and Splinter sure as hell shouldn’t be a joke, a washed up actor. The hell is this garbage? A tickle fight with Shredder?

As a send up of TMNT, a parody of itself, sure. But this is obnoxious as a series. Its beyond I don’t like, it’s an imposter.
He's referring to some banned user named Super Goku that did whatever and got banned. I'm pretty sure in retrospect whatever he did was stupid and not worth banning over unless he actually meant actual harm to a fellow member.

I was probably not around during his time but I know he's wasn't well liked around here.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #110
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Well, if they also argued for adult programming and got banned, that would be unfortunate.

I don’t have a problem with papatroll outside of the disingenuine posts. It reads like they are pushing people to get angry.

Others, I’ve noticed a few that seem to legitimately like Rise, and if you’re a kid, okay, it is aimed at you. I just don’t think the majority of fans of TMNT, are kids.

The problem is, we only ever get one blanket version of turtles at a time. One would hope that the new adds to the old, expanding it, not breaking it. Personally, I hate Andy’s art style. Its very childish. It’s not something I would seek out. I am a fan of a more classic dynamic feel. Papatroll hates that. We won’t agree. I also don’t think they are a real fan of TMNT. And that’s also okay, but in that case, maybe try to see what might be rubbing real fans the wrong way. Maybe you’ll appreciate why the changes are so jarring.

I think Star Wars has a better handle on the approach, in so far as there’s something for everyone. I don’t have to watch any of the animated stuff, or care, because the Mandelorian is available. That suits me, as imperfect as it is. But if all we had was some clone wars show, aimed at 5year olds, and that was it? Ouch.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #111
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
What? What does DBZ have to so with the argument?
This dude, papatroll, is actively pushing for childishness in TMNT.
Guy I'm just one person who likes a show you don't, calm down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
As a send up of TMNT, a parody of itself, sure. But this is obnoxious as a series. Its beyond I don’t like, it’s an imposter
Imagine calling a show you don't like an imposter like how does that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
And It’s clear that the last two episodes of the first season were a middle finger to people like me. Mocking us,



Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
We put an end to this and it will be retconned and ignored.
Where is this we crap nobody is looking at TommytwobraincellsT and think to themselves "Well this guy doesn't like it therefore we should end it" Nick treated it badly like any of its new shows hence why its getting an axe and seeing the traction its getting on social media I doubt its going to be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post

I don’t have a problem with papatroll outside of the disingenuine posts. It reads like they are pushing people to get angry.
Dude don't try to misuse big words just because you want to look smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
The problem is, we only ever get one blanket version of turtles at a time. One would hope that the new adds to the old, expanding it, not breaking it. Personally, I hate Andy’s art style. Its very childish. It’s not something I would seek out. I am a fan of a more classic dynamic feel. Papatroll hates that. We won’t agree. I also don’t think they are a real fan of TMNT. And that’s also okay, but in that case, maybe try to see what might be rubbing real fans the wrong way. Maybe you’ll appreciate why the changes are so jarring.
I been here for over 5 years, watched 3 of the animated series, read two vols of the Mirage comic and is keeping up with the IDW book, watched the 1990 and 2007 movie and brought the TMNT Platinum game(which was kinda repatative) but I'm not a true fan because I'm not a close minded fanboy who disregards others for their different opinions.
__________________

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-29-2019 at 01:24 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #112
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
TommytwobraincellsT .
Name calling. Sweet.
Yeah, the trolling ends now.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #113
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I've never seen someone on this forum so adamantly hostile over a difference of opinion, especially in a franchise with multiple incarnations like TMNT. This isn't Star Wars. Rise isn't ruining any "canon" or past incarnations. Like you said, once it's done, it'll be done. Besides, it's not like it's hard to ignore it. No one talks about it here, and new episodes air sporadically.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #114
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I've never seen someone on this forum so adamantly hostile over a difference of opinion
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:35 PM   #115
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Should've put the /s, lol.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #116
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Name calling. Sweet.
Yeah, the trolling ends now.
And you calling him papatroll wasn't? JFC you're so ****ing full of yourself it's almost hilarious.

Almost.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #117
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
All of the threads here have instances of this. @Leo656 argued the EXACT same argument about Batman just a few days ago in another thread. Another user has been going on and on about the DC reboots.
I'm not unique, @Papagreg has made like 10 posts trying to fight for their personalized definition of Cal arts.

@Candykappa.

He IS trolling. That isn't an insult, i'm calling them out for the thing they are actually doing. Are you implying I actually have two brain cells? You're insulting my intelligence? are insults allowed?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #118
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
. Are you implying I actually have two brain cells?
It's what I've gathered from all you insane true-fanisms, poop analogies and obsession with animation you don't like "cal-arts", and your weird April threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
You're insulting my intelligence?
Me? I would never.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #119
TommyT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It's what I've gathered from all you insane true-fanisms, poop analogies and obsession with animation you don't like "cal-arts", and your weird April threads.
Me? I would never.
I appreciate that, man. Insinuating insults is really low.

What's weird about the April thread? Asking if April, as a female character, needs to be sexualized, is weird? having a conversation about characterization and gender roles is weird? You don't find gender norms worthy of discussion?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #120
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
All of the threads here have instances of this. @Leo656 argued the EXACT same argument about Batman just a few days ago in another thread.
Yeah, but I'm an institution around here, and also, nobody likes me.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.