The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #1061
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

So I decided to pre order Bebop & Rocksteady from Zaavi. I'm not super familiar with that site but it seems to be a source for limited edition stuff and popular with steelbook community. They ship and charge on the 28th of February and it was much closer to MSRP than what I'm seeing on eBay.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #1062
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
So I decided to pre order Bebop & Rocksteady from Zaavi.
Oh wow, that isn't a bad price IMO. Let us know how it turns out!
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #1063
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marm O. Set View Post
Oh wow, that isn't a bad price IMO. Let us know how it turns out!
Yeah I plan on reviewing my experience, I hope this is a viable option to get these figures.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:17 AM   #1064
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
zelu1984 inspired me to mod my Rocksteady. Similar to his helmet, my version also comes off in case you want the helmet-less look. I'll probably leave it on because I really like season 1 and the Playmates toys. IMO, he needs this helmet to look right.
https://marmosetsite.files.wordpress...mall.jpg?w=662
EDIT: here is a video of it with more details:
This looks great - I love it!

My project started as old Playmates helmet from Rock so it has some extra details but your sculpt is much more cartoon accurate - well done

Yes, the color could be a bit darker but it's not bad at all!
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #1065
Marm O. Set
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
This looks great - I love it!

My project started as old Playmates helmet from Rock so it has some extra details but your sculpt is much more cartoon accurate - well done

Yes, the color could be a bit darker but it's not bad at all!
thanks!!!
I decided to model after the cartoon since the figure was cartoon accurate.
I thought about adding dents and scratches to make it look like it had seen combat but that would have been too much in my opinion. Fred Wolf didn't add those details so I thought I shouldn't either.

I love how yours comes down below the ears like the cartoon. How flexible is your Blue/Yellow Kneadtite when it is cured? My Apoxie is rock hard and I didn't think I could remove the helmet if I sculpted it below his ears.
Marm O. Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:04 AM   #1066
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Will there be a date release for the Bebop/Rocksteady and Slash/Leatherhead two packs? It makes a difference if it is March 1st or March 31st.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 AM   #1067
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
zelu1984 inspired me to mod my Rocksteady. Similar to his helmet, my version also comes off in case you want the helmet-less look. I'll probably leave it on because I really like season 1 and the Playmates toys. IMO, he needs this helmet to look right.
https://marmosetsite.files.wordpress...mall.jpg?w=662
EDIT: here is a video of it with more details:
WOW man. Amazing work. Is it possible to make one for me and send it to the Netherlands? I can pay via PayPal.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #1068
Browne762
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Will there be a date release for the Bebop/Rocksteady and Slash/Leatherhead two packs? It makes a difference if it is March 1st or March 31st.
Rocksteady and Bebop were released at the end of November at Target, but finding a set is like finding a unicorn that lays golden eggs. Target was the exclusive dealer in the US. Zaavi which was mentioned previously has them for a decent price, but I didn't go far enough into the website to see where they will ship or how much shipping would be. They list them as available February 28th. If Target were to be getting more, it might be around that Feb 28th time-frame.

I don't think NECA will be more specific then a month of release. If they said March, it "should" be in March and they might say something a couple days beforehand on Twitter. Twitter seems to be their favorite place to update customers.

Last edited by Browne762; 01-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #1069
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
thanks!!!
I decided to model after the cartoon since the figure was cartoon accurate.
I thought about adding dents and scratches to make it look like it had seen combat but that would have been too much in my opinion. Fred Wolf didn't add those details so I thought I shouldn't either.

I love how yours comes down below the ears like the cartoon. How flexible is your Blue/Yellow Kneadtite when it is cured? My Apoxie is rock hard and I didn't think I could remove the helmet if I sculpted it below his ears.
Blue/Yellow Kneadtite is pretty flexible as long as you use thin pieces. The bigger the piece the harder it gets but it's fairy flexible. I will try to post a video later to show you.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #1070
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

NECA just tweeted that the classic toon logo will be on the toon figure packaging starting in 2020.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #1071
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
Blue/Yellow Kneadtite is pretty flexible as long as you use thin pieces. The bigger the piece the harder it gets but it's fairy flexible. I will try to post a video later to show you.
Do you alreay know, if you want to sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
NECA just tweeted that the classic toon logo will be on the toon figure packaging starting in 2020.
Heck, I don't care about the logo and Foot Soldier sh#t. I want an amazing Splinter figure! Why don't they make him? I'm not very excited again. The only ones I care about really are Leatherhead and April.

I do think Neca let us wait too long for just a couple of figures for a relatively high price.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:19 PM   #1072
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
Rocksteady and Bebop were released at the end of November at Target, but finding a set is like finding a unicorn that lays golden eggs. Target was the exclusive dealer in the US. Zaavi which was mentioned previously has them for a decent price, but I didn't go far enough into the website to see where they will ship or how much shipping would be. They list them as available February 28th. If Target were to be getting more, it might be around that Feb 28th time-frame.

I don't think NECA will be more specific then a month of release. If they said March, it "should" be in March and they might say something a couple days beforehand on Twitter. Twitter seems to be their favorite place to update customers.
Thanks. My birthday is the middle of March and I wanted to let people know where to go, this gem is it. I actually want Slash/Leatherhead more, but I do want both.

Will Neca rerelease Shredder and Krang together? That would make sense pairing wise! I would like them, but I do not want another Leonardo or Donatello to get them. New characters released together and no more foot soldiers!
Old 01-14-2020, 10:34 PM   #1073
Creedog
Foot Soldier

So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here

I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it on Etsy for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CreedogsCustoms

https://imgur.com/gallery/0HnUxWW

Last edited by Creedog; 01-14-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:38 PM   #1074
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Well damn I think I need one lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
So, I created a helmet for Rocksteady too! Apparently creating a custom Rocksteady helmet is a requirement to be a member here

https://i.imgur.com/UTNGeZy.jpg

I designed this in 3D, and I am making more for anyone who wants them. I'll ship internationally too, I've got your back LeoRaDoMic.

I am offering it for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:19 AM   #1075
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:

I am offering it on Etsy for $25 + shipping - painted, or $15 + shipping - unpainted. That way anyone can afford one.

nice one bud!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:19 AM   #1076
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:

It looks fantastic. Thanks for the offer. But in total it's $40 including shipment. That's far too much for me for just a helmet. I'm sorry.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:05 AM   #1077
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
It looks fantastic. Thanks for the offer. But in total it's $40 including shipment. That's far too much for me for just a helmet. I'm sorry.
Thanks man! And I totally get it. It’s really hard to justify a $40 accessory for a $25 toy. You could save $10 and paint it yourself. Still a lot of money, but I can’t make it any cheaper than that.

For folks in the US, it’s only ~$2.97 to ship, which is much more reasonable. And Rocksteady looks so much better with the helmet!

Last edited by Creedog; 01-15-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #1078
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
For folks in the US, it’s only ~$2.97 to ship, which is much more reasonable. And Rocksteady looks so much better with the helmet!
https://imgur.com/vZbYzdI
Sold!
I just bought one
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #1079
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Sold!
I just bought one
Thanks man! You rock!
Old 01-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #1080
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Nice, not sure if I would want to paint it myself or not. I'll have to see what I have for paint before I make that decision.
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote