The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 02:46 PM   #1081
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
Thanks man! And I totally get it. It’s really hard to justify a $40 accessory for a $25 toy. You could save $10 and paint it yourself. Still a lot of money, but I can’t make it any cheaper than that.

For folks in the US, it’s only ~$2.97 to ship, which is much more reasonable. And Rocksteady looks so much better with the helmet!
Exactly, Paying more for a helmet than the figure. Is isn't right. Still Neca should have included this imo. Getting tired of this. I don't even gonna negotiate anymore for a stupid piece of plastic.

Like always you guys in the USA have everything, it isn't fair...
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:20 PM   #1082
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Exactly, Paying more for a helmet than the figure. Is isn't right. Still Neca should have included this imo. Getting tired of this. I don't even gonna negotiate anymore for a stupid piece of plastic.

You guys probably have access to more affordable health care...
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:25 PM   #1083
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:

this sense of entitlement is a bad look on you, man.

you can't compare value evenly between a single hand-made accessory and toys that are mass produced in factories. and are you calling his work a stupid piece of plastic? if you don't want it for that price, don't buy it and move on.

and if you want cool **** in the netherlands, have some dutch folk invent the next great franchise and have them produce their own merchandise for it too.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:43 PM   #1084
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

Nobody asked you to become a collector of foreign properties, man. That's how it is. I love a bunch of Japanese series' & its a bitch to get merch, but I get it. Sure, TMNT is more world renowned than most things, but still.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #1085
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

You guys are missing the point. But I'm not going in discussion for the sake of this thread.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #1086
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You guys are missing the point. But I'm not going in discussion for the sake of this thread.
If you've got access to a 3d printer you could probably source the 3d model or create one yourself and have Shapeways print it. It's not an overly complicated shape, I'm sure with a little perseverance you could work something out that you'd be pleased with. Start with a sphere, a cube, and a couple cones and go from there. If I can ever find this figure I'll probably go that route myself.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #1087
ProdUK
Thug

It wouldn’t surprise me if Neca eventually release a different variation with the helmet.
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:55 PM   #1088
TurtleManiac
Mad Scientist

I’m guessing NECA didn’t include Rocksteady’s helmet because he only uses it on season 1 first 5 epsiodes, along with with the camo pants and more bullets on the belt. Season 2 and on Rocksteady looks a bit different (no helmet, plain khaki pants, less bullets) which is how the NECA figure looks. Bebop only his ponytail color changed after season 1.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:54 AM   #1089
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I’m guessing NECA didn’t include Rocksteady’s helmet because he only uses it on season 1 first 5 epsiodes, along with with the camo pants and more bullets on the belt. Season 2 and on Rocksteady looks a bit different (no helmet, plain khaki pants, less bullets) which is how the NECA figure looks. Bebop only his ponytail color changed after season 1.
You are giving Neca too many ideas.
Incoming rocksteady repaint wave 4.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:14 AM   #1090
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
I'm sure that's going to happen!
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #1091
TurtleManiac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
I'm sure that's going to happen!
LOL I could totally see NECA reissuing these figures for the next 2-packs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #1092
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I'd like to see Bebop and Rocksteady re-released as pirates in the Turtles in Time figure line.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #1093
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
I'd like to see Bebop and Rocksteady re-released as pirates in the Turtles in Time figure line.
Good idea!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #1094
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Zavvi.com has wave 3 for preorder including the 2pack for Shredder & Krang. Wave 3 is scheduled for August 30, 2020 and Shredder & Krang 2 pack is scheduled to release on May 30, 2020. Each set is $59.99. here is the link below: https://us.zavvi.com/merchandise/neca.list
Old 01-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #1095
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
Zavvi.com has wave 3 for preorder including the 2pack for Shredder & Krang. Wave 3 is scheduled for August 30, 2020 and Shredder & Krang 2 pack is scheduled to release on May 30, 2020. Each set is $59.99. here is the link below: https://us.zavvi.com/merchandise/neca.list
Ah, I called it didn't I?! It was better to have them together in the first place!

So different figures we have Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, April, Casey Jones, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead, Slash, Metalhead, and Alpha-1?

We need a Rat King!
Old 01-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #1096
IMJ
Emperor

-facepalms- that entire wave 3 is a must-have wave. God I remember the manhunt that was on for the original Slash figure when I was a kid. It was THE toy at the time. It was such a big deal for a character that had little presence on the show.

That NECA Slash is the toy you always wanted for that character.... Actually all of the NECA toys in this line are that. -shrugs-
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #1097
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
-facepalms- that entire wave 3 is a must-have wave. God I remember the manhunt that was on for the original Slash figure when I was a kid. It was THE toy at the time. It was such a big deal for a character that had little presence on the show.

That NECA Slash is the toy you always wanted for that character.... Actually all of the NECA toys in this line are that. -shrugs-
Totally. The Neca TMNT figures all come with that feeling. I went to bed dreaming of figures like these, as a wee child. They're cool to have now, but they sort of make me feel old in a unique way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:36 PM   #1098
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

Slash is one of my favorite villains/antihero is the whole franchise, but as much as I enjoy Slash's three appearances I love his look outside the '87 cartoon more. The black bandanna over the metal visor, fanged teeth over buck teeth. This is coming form an OT fanboy. I don't know if it possible but perhaps we could get what we were denied as children with The Punk Frogs. One Punk Frog done right, one done wrong, and two never made.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #1099
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Hold up, its stating that Shredder and Krang are due the last day of May not the last day of August. Meanwhile Slash and Leatherhead are not due out until August 30th. What happened to the February 28th date? Is it more Bebop and Rocksteady and the giant Metalhead?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #1100
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Hold up, its stating that Shredder and Krang are due the last day of May not the last day of August. Meanwhile Slash and Leatherhead are not due out until August 30th. What happened to the February 28th date? Is it more Bebop and Rocksteady and the giant Metalhead?
Where'd u get that info from?