The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 11:00 PM   #1201
Adcatalano
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Ultimate Foot Soldier release?
It’s been talked about by Randy for a while 🤷
Adcatalano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:48 AM   #1202
Trailbreaker77
Foot Soldier

Those little red pizza Alien guys will be packed with someone correct?
Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #1203
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I thought Roadkill Rodney was coming with the orange Triceraton.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #1204
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I thought Roadkill Rodney was coming with the orange Triceraton.
A four-pack of R.R.'s would be great. I'd buy it.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:58 AM   #1205
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

The 1/4 cartoon Raphael figure (from NECA) is up for pre-order on various US, and EU websites. To be released in July / August this year.

EDIT: Meant to post this in the Toy Fair thread, sorry, my bad!

SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:14 AM   #1206
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
The 1/4 cartoon Raphael figure (from NECA) is up for pre-order on various US, and EU websites. To be released in July / August this year.

EDIT: Meant to post this in the Toy Fair thread, sorry, my bad!

https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p...cdb12ebdad.jpg
See, those are the heads that we needed on the original NECA releases to really take them over the top of that "animated look". This could go one of two ways:

NECA could do right by the fans and release a simple pack of four "emoting" heads like these for the existing Target two-packs. That would be some legit fan service.
OR
NECA could dip again with another wave of releases but using "emoting" heads like these. That would be a cash-grab travesty that I hope would be rejected by collectors everywhere.

It's the original expressions on the Turtles that were the biggest point of contention in my mind's eye when trying to determine where NECA or the S.H. Figuarts were the more definitive figure. I went NECA for the all-around reasons. It's too bad NECA reps don't interact here, otherwise we could try to rally for a simple "head pack" for the existing toys.

Last edited by IMJ; 02-24-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #1207
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Shredder and Krang are back up on the Target website
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:30 AM   #1208
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
NECA could do right by the fans and release a simple pack of four "emoting" heads like these for the existing Target two-packs. That would be some legit fan service.
OR
NECA could dip again with another wave of releases but using "emoting" heads like these. That would be a cash-grab travesty that I hope would be rejected by collectors everywhere.
hear, hear!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #1209
j3h
Hench Mutant

Honestly, they have to keep the main 4 turtles in circulation one way or another. I would rather they do new heads opposed to random cowboy version or clown version, etc.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #1210
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
hear, hear!
I posted that comparison image with a similar note on Instagram littered with NECA hashtags. Feel free to use that image and make a post with it as well. Seriously, because I don't know another way to project this to them.

It's so obvious that this should be done, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Honestly, they have to keep the main 4 turtles in circulation one way or another. I would rather they do new heads opposed to random cowboy version or clown version, etc.
I agree completely, but at the same time you vote with your wallet, man. You just don't buy the weird Turtles re-decos. Resist those addictions! I didn't buy the "neon green" Turtle repacks, and I'm not gonna lie - I'd be pretty angry if NECA triple dipped on head sculpts.

But imagine a bubble pack in the NECA section with four turtle heads. They could charge 9.99 a pack or even 12.95 a pack and still make a $#!( of money per unit on them while not ripping off the collectors.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #1211
mikey0
Foot Elite

For anyone who missed it, here is a better shot of NECA Joe Eyeball: https://www.instagram.com/p/B86dKLxg_Ce/?hl=en

Last edited by mikey0; 02-25-2020 at 12:27 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:42 AM   #1212
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

[QUOTE=IMJ;1837090]

[B]NECA could do right by the fans and release a simple pack of four "emoting" heads like these for the existing Target two-packs.

I forget which YouTuber it was I watched now, but he did a Neca booth tour at Toy Fair with a Neca rep and the rep said that they were looking into doing accessory packs for the movie and toon TMNT lines. Here's hoping for some alternate heads!

No more pizzas or pizza slices though, Neca! I'm getting sick of that already!
FifthTurtles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #1213
IMJ
Emperor

[QUOTE=FifthTurtles81;1837220]
Quote:
I forget which YouTuber it was I watched now, but he did a Neca booth tour at Toy Fair with a Neca rep and the rep said that they were looking into doing accessory packs for the movie and toon TMNT lines. Here's hoping for some alternate heads!

No more pizzas or pizza slices though, Neca! I'm getting sick of that already!

I honestly think we, as a fanbase, needs to put the head sculpt thing on NECA's radar to stand a chance.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #1214
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I posted that comparison image with a similar note on Instagram littered with NECA hashtags. Feel free to use that image and make a post with it as well. Seriously, because I don't know another way to project this to them.

It's so obvious that this should be done, right?

I agree completely, but at the same time you vote with your wallet, man. You just don't buy the weird Turtles re-decos. Resist those addictions! I didn't buy the "neon green" Turtle repacks, and I'm not gonna lie - I'd be pretty angry if NECA triple dipped on head sculpts.

But imagine a bubble pack in the NECA section with four turtle heads. They could charge 9.99 a pack or even 12.95 a pack and still make a $#!( of money per unit on them while not ripping off the collectors.

might i suggest tweaking your image to add that we want the heads only, not a third wave of slightly tweaked turtles?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #1215
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
might i suggest tweaking your image to add that we want the heads only, not a third wave of slightly tweaked turtles?
I can do that!
Old 02-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #1216
j3h
Hench Mutant

Here is the first problem NECA is going to face which just releasing heads: which paint color do people want? Half of the fandom like the brighter colors over the darker screen accurate ones. NECA distributed more of the brighter ones than the original darker ones since the refresh was ordered heavier by Target.
It also doesn’t make business sense to release heads a year or so from now and not have Turtle figures on the market to put them on.
Since all the tooling cost is in the new heads and not the production of the bodies, it is far more cost effective with higher returns to release full figures with new heads than it is for an accessory pack, which would be considered very niche.
I very much get the “vote with your dollars” and get only what you want...I’m far from a completist collector, and have what I have opened and displayed. That said, I did get both color schemes of the turtles because I liked them both and could display them in two different set ups. I would get another set if they offer them with the new head sculpts, but I’m not sure I would bother with an accessory set since I would probably want another set of bodies to display them on.

So let me ask this, IF Target said that they are not interested in carrying an accessory set but wanted more basic turtles but refreshed, would you prefer
A) two two-packs of the turtles with the new head sculpt. Easily skipable if you don’t want to buy.
Or
B) four two-packs with one new head turtle in each along with an army builder type figure (not more foot soldiers). This way you get something if you feel compelled to buy, but still could skip.
Or
C)four two-packs with one new head turtle in each along with an all new figure in each. Basically you would have to buy if you want all the new characters.

And as a bonus question, which color would you want the new headed turtle figures to be: bright or dark?
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:19 PM   #1217
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Here is the first problem NECA is going to face which just releasing heads: which paint color do people want? Half of the fandom like the brighter colors over the darker screen accurate ones. NECA distributed more of the brighter ones than the original darker ones since the refresh was ordered heavier by Target.
It also doesn’t make business sense to release heads a year or so from now and not have Turtle figures on the market to put them on.
Since all the tooling cost is in the new heads and not the production of the bodies, it is far more cost effective with higher returns to release full figures with new heads than it is for an accessory pack, which would be considered very niche.
I very much get the “vote with your dollars” and get only what you want...I’m far from a completist collector, and have what I have opened and displayed. That said, I did get both color schemes of the turtles because I liked them both and could display them in two different set ups. I would get another set if they offer them with the new head sculpts, but I’m not sure I would bother with an accessory set since I would probably want another set of bodies to display them on.

So let me ask this, IF Target said that they are not interested in carrying an accessory set but wanted more basic turtles but refreshed, would you prefer
A) two two-packs of the turtles with the new head sculpt. Easily skipable if you don’t want to buy.
Or
B) four two-packs with one new head turtle in each along with an army builder type figure (not more foot soldiers). This way you get something if you feel compelled to buy, but still could skip.
Or
C)four two-packs with one new head turtle in each along with an all new figure in each. Basically you would have to buy if you want all the new characters.

And as a bonus question, which color would you want the new headed turtle figures to be: bright or dark?
Great post....

As for color - NECA should release both at the same time. This actually benefits them. It's a simple paint deco and it would allow them to double dip, increase volume to help their economies of scale and to cater to both buyers. It's basically a non-issue.

As for tooling costs - this term is coming up a lot. But consider this - the oversize Turtles clearly have the "animated head sculpts". Most figures start as a "two-up" - a larger figure. It's no issue for manufacturers to scale down an existing sculpt. In many ways it's part of the normal process anyway, given the 2-up method of design. Hell they don't even need to tool a mold. They could just 3-D print them, so again this should be a non-issue that has several fixes.

As for voting with your dollars - nice job, brother.

As for packing - I'd prefer a bubble pack with nothing but heads. Cheap, less plastic and no need to buy new bodies when the current ones are well done.

Honestly, this head thing would be unprecedented, but if NECA would simply do it they would be demonstrating some real market leadership and ingenuity. I'm sure buyers would get behind it. I'd be willing to construct the email to send to them and directing NECA to this convo, but a real contact other than their generic customer service would be the best option. I don't have any personal contacts at NECA neither through my occasional wave1collectibles efforts or from old industry writing days.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #1218
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant

People have been asking if I'm back and I didn't really have an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

Bruh, I just saw the cartoon April they showed at Toy Fair and it is amazing. I haven't really bought any TMNT merch for a grip, but this single figure has brought me back.
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:22 PM   #1219
vexdar
Thug

Hey everyone!! Shredder is back on Target!!
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #1220
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture4u View Post
People have been asking if I'm back and I didn't really have an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back.

Bruh, I just saw the cartoon April they showed at Toy Fair and it is amazing. I haven't really bought any TMNT merch for a grip, but this single figure has brought me back.
What, are you a NECA shill or something?

We've just spent two pages here not only discussing that awful figure, but almost quantifiable and absolutely comparatively demonstrating how bad it is.