The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #1321
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Finally spotted a Bebop and Rocksteady set at a local Target (been checking various stores in my area every week or so since December). They really do look great.

Any advice for keeping the back of Bebop's chain belt from dangling down his legs?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:44 PM   #1322
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

If anyone is out and finds an extra set of B&R, I'll pay for shipping, cover the PayPal fees, and add an additional $5 for your trouble. I know that's not much, but I figure it's worth a shot.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #1323
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Still haven't found a set. Found 3 Shredder/Krang sets again. We checked 3 different Targets over the weekend and only one had those. If anyone finds a set I also am still wanting to buy one from someone.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #1324
9KevLo9
Mouser

I found my set of Bebop & RockSteady last Saturday at Target, after looking constantly since Black Friday/Thanksgiving last year . There were also 2 sets of Shredder & Krang left. Did not believe my eyes at first, until I grabbed the box. Targets are getting more. Do not give up!
9KevLo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #1325
vexdar
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Yeah I pre ordered Bebop & Rocksteady from Zavvi, they don't charge you until they ship but I did not get an email telling me they were going to be shipped or tracking info. I was just charged and they showed up, a few days earlier than expected.

The box was a little banged up but it came overseas so I was just happy to have them. It wasn't destroyed by any means but for in-box collectors I don't know if it would be deemed acceptable.
I am glad you were able to get Bebop and Rocksteady from Zavvi and that you actually ended up getting the figures. I ended up finding all the TMNT and villians at target, but it is nice to have a backup.
vexdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:16 AM   #1326
Obbie
Thug

i just bought Bebop and Rocksteady last week off of a scalper. I've waisted way too much of my free time as well as money in gas and food while driving from Target to Target, so paying the extra $20 plus $5 for shipping in my eyes was well worth it. I have 4 Targets "near" me that are all 1-1.5 hours one way in each direction. I probably spent enough in searching for these guys that I could have bought 2 sets off this guy for his price.
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:47 AM   #1327
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
i just bought Bebop and Rocksteady last week off of a scalper. I've waisted way too much of my free time as well as money in gas and food while driving from Target to Target, so paying the extra $20 plus $5 for shipping in my eyes was well worth it. I have 4 Targets "near" me that are all 1-1.5 hours one way in each direction. I probably spent enough in searching for these guys that I could have bought 2 sets off this guy for his price.
That's not too bad a price.
I paid double their worth.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:47 AM   #1328
Turo602
The King of Kings

So I'm very late to the game. I got Shredder and Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady, but are the Turtle 2 packs ever gonna return? All I ever see people posting online are the Shredder and Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady 2 packs.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:39 AM   #1329
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Bebop and Rocksteady, as well as both packs of Turtles, are available again on Zavvi.

A single set comes out to about $76 shipped for US buyers. Says B&R will be available August 31st.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:57 AM   #1330
Leo656
The Franchise

Is anything except "essential supplies" such as medical stuff even being shipped right now? I keep hearing conflicting things.

Like we were gonna order a wall unit until this all happened, and aside from the money we're waiting because some people keep saying that Amazon etc. aren't shipping anything non-emergency. Who knows how true that is, it's just what I've heard from some places. Makes sense if true, at least to me. I can't see Amazon or UPS making delivering people's toys a huge priority right now, given the circumstances, and the fact that many of us can't even go buy bread unless it's at a pre-scheduled time of day (and assuming your store even has any bread... or milk... or meat... or...). But man, what a bummer.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #1331
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Is anything except "essential supplies" such as medical stuff even being shipped right now? I keep hearing conflicting things.

Like we were gonna order a wall unit until this all happened, and aside from the money we're waiting because some people keep saying that Amazon etc. aren't shipping anything non-emergency. Who knows how true that is, it's just what I've heard from some places. Makes sense if true, at least to me. I can't see Amazon or UPS making delivering people's toys a huge priority right now, given the circumstances, and the fact that many of us can't even go buy bread unless it's at a pre-scheduled time of day (and assuming your store even has any bread... or milk... or meat... or...). But man, what a bummer.
Amazon is still shipping whatever you order, but for the next two weeks they're not restocking their warehouses with anything but "essentials," to help meet the demand. So there will likely be delays for non-essentials, since they might not be in stock or might have to come from a different warehouse. At least that's my understanding of it.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:34 AM   #1332
Leo656
The Franchise

Makes sense, thanks.

I really can't see too many people ordering anything BUT essentials for a while, anyway. Everybody's out of work until "question mark", and a ton of them won't have jobs to go back to anyway. Buying toys or anything besides food and toiletries suddenly seems incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible.

Here's hoping we can all go back to normal soon. They're holding stuff for me at the flea market. WHICH IS CLOSED.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:38 AM   #1333
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Makes sense, thanks.

I really can't see too many people ordering anything BUT essentials for a while, anyway. Everybody's out of work until "question mark", and a ton of them won't have jobs to go back to anyway. Buying toys or anything besides food and toiletries suddenly seems incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible.

Here's hoping we can all go back to normal soon. They're holding stuff for me at the flea market. WHICH IS CLOSED.
I'm very fortunate in that I can work for home for awhile. I'm not a fan of this plan to start making out checks to everyone--I think extending unemployment benefits and loans to small businesses makes sense--but if I do receive those checks (which I'm fortunate not to need) I'm going to spend as much of it as I can at some local businesses once they open again. Just kills me that we're showing the urgency now that we should have showed 6 weeks ago, when it was already clear this thing was blowing up. Italy found out the hard way, and I worry that certain parts of the US are going to be in the same situation.

But yes, when something like this happens it certainly makes a person reconsider what's actually important!
Old 03-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #1334
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I'm happy that some folks can still work from home. I unfortunately cannot, and my employer's lease expires very soon, so he was already talking a few days earlier that it would likely be a permanent shutdown. 95% of my earnings are also based on commission so I literally have no idea what I'm going to do because I can't file for unemployment or anything, unless they seriously change the rules on it. We're having a staff meeting by phone this afternoon about it.

Any other circumstance, I'd be able to find another job in my field, but they're ALL shut down indefinitely. And there's going to be way more people looking for jobs than there are jobs. Gonna be way, way worse than 2008-ish.

I'unno. Maybe it'll all work out. I hope so. Kinda not holding my breath.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #1335
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yeah, I'm happy that some folks can still work from home. I unfortunately cannot, and my employer's lease expires very soon, so he was already talking a few days earlier that it would likely be a permanent shutdown. 95% of my earnings are also based on commission so I literally have no idea what I'm going to do because I can't file for unemployment or anything, unless they seriously change the rules on it. We're having a staff meeting by phone this afternoon about it.

Any other circumstance, I'd be able to find another job in my field, but they're ALL shut down indefinitely. And there's going to be way more people looking for jobs than there are jobs. Gonna be way, way worse than 2008-ish.

I'unno. Maybe it'll all work out. I hope so. Kinda not holding my breath.
Best of luck to you. It's a really tough spot to be in. I do think all of this might force us to have a more honest national conversation about improving the security of the middle class, because it's fairly obvious that a shock to the system leaves way too many people vulnerable. Hang in there.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #1336
Leo656
The Franchise

You too, we'll see what happens.

I sincerely look forward to the day when we can once again waste our money on pointless junk and it won't literally be a life-or-death decision. Hopefully soon!

Old 03-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #1337
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You too, we'll see what happens.

I sincerely look forward to the day when we can once again waste our money on pointless junk and it won't literally be a life-or-death decision. Hopefully soon!
I told my brother that when the looting starts, I'm going to barricade the doors with my toys!
Old 03-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #1338
Leo656
The Franchise

I've got sharpened stainless steel He-Man AND Thundercats swords, with an Ocarina Of Time-style Master Sword as well. I should be alright.

Old 03-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #1339
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've got sharpened stainless steel He-Man AND Thundercats swords, with an Ocarina Of Time-style Master Sword as well. I should be alright.
Haha, I've got a sharpened Conan sword hanging by the front door. I knew this stuff was going to come in handy one day.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #1340
Leo656
The Franchise

Our whole lives have been preparing us for THIS!