![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Other franchises taking place in the same reality as TMNT?
Do you think there are any other franchises taking place in the same reality as TMNT (usually produced by the same studio)? Maybe, but not necessarily on Earth or in the same time period. Like:
Mirage Studios and Image Comics productions taking place in the Mirage reality. (I'm not sure if all of them have already crossed over by this point) Fred Wolf Studios productions taking place in the Fred Wolf reality. Maybe James Bond Junior? (I haven't seen it for years) Archie productions taking place in the Archie reality. (I know Riverdale was an alternate Earth, as seen in a crossover comic called TMNT Meet Archie) Fleetway productions taking place in the Fleetway reality. New Line Cinema productions taking place in the New Line Cinema reality. 4 Kids productions taking place in the 4 Kids reality. Saban productions taking place in the Next Mutation reality. (while Power Rangers and Next Mutation crossed over, I'm not sure if they're separate realities) IDW productions taking place in the IDW reality. Nickelodeon productions taking place in the 2012 Nickelodeon cartoon reality, or maybe the Rise o the TMNT reality. Platinum Dunes productions taking place in the Platinum Dunes reality. and so on. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
I haven’t read the comics, but the others could take place in the same reality as TMNT I guess.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
I don't know about official shared Universes, but the Cerebus crossover hinged on simple time travel. Of course given that TMNT is more or less meant to take place in a variation of the real world, and that Cerebus is intentionally anachronistic with more fiction than fact, I doubt Cerebus can actually take place in TMNT's past.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
The Fred Wolf turtles at least share the same Earth with Sherlock Holmes and the Arthurian Family. Just different locations and time period.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
Public Domain characters? I guess that such a thing technically counts but it seems rather cheap. It's kind of like how the Cerebus crossover can't really share continuity with the Cerebus series proper, continuity and canon sort of stop applying when anyone can make their own versions of characters, as such the idea of a shared universe becomes almost laughable. In order for it to be somewhat satisfying, I'd say those particular versions of them would have to make unambigious appearences in other shows.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
This ***** used to be Fun
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
|
You know what I find truly bizzare?
The thought of Looney Tunes, Winnie the Pooh, Garfield, Alvin and the Chimpunks and Duck tales possibly taking place in the same universe as the Fred Wolf tmnt cartoon, courtesy of Cartoon All Stars. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
|
You know I was gonna post that as a joke myself.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
The best thing to me about Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue is that it's an anti-drug PSA that couldn't possibly have been conceived and executed without copious amounts of drugs being involved.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Italy
Posts: 219
|
For "same reality" you mean even dimension?
I'm not really sure, but I think that the world of Usagi Yojimbo (Third Earth) is parallel to the world of the TMNT (as stated in the 2003 series).
__________________
"Fighting for our comrades, for the Republic, for...
VICTORY!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Wasn't Third Earth the name of the the Earth where the 4 Kids Turtles live?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
|
I’m not sure of this but I think I heard somewhere it’s possible Toxic Crusaders is the same universe as Fred Wolf TMNT.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
|
Your OP is all over the place, I think you mean other franchises in continuity with the show?
I guess the OT is technically canon with the space usagi pilot and sites back in the day used to say Cowboys of Moomesa was in continuity with the OT despite no crossover just because they did crossover in the comics. The Image TMNT crossed over with the Image universe so they're definitely in the same earth as savage dragon, spawn, gen 13 and others. Since we have a few DC crossovers now I guess those specific continuities live in an earth with all DC heroes. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
People say the same thing about TMNT itself until you stop and realise one of the guys involved is famously straight laced Peter Laird. Clearly some people just have weird brains.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|