The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2021, 03:03 PM   #3401
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

they distributed Splinter/Baxter and Krang differently from the other packs which is why distribution has been better. Sadly I read a report that they are moving back to the other way of distribution with upcoming packs, it was a temporary thing for some reason.

So it might be harder to get the Rat King pack than these. We'll have to see.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #3402
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
they distributed Splinter/Baxter and Krang differently from the other packs which is why distribution has been better. Sadly I read a report that they are moving back to the other way of distribution with upcoming packs, it was a temporary thing for some reason.

That reason was the popularity of Splinter, Baxter and Krang
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #3403
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

I am really glad these sets seem to be in larger supply.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #3404
Germ
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post

Blah! that is super lame of NECA to go back to low distribution. I thought they upped the production because we were all complaining how these are impossible to find out side of ridiculous prices on ebay. To go back is just insulting to their fan base. also not to mention that sure Splinter and Krang are popular, but not as popular as the 4 turtles, shredder, and others that came out in earlier waves that got low distribution. you would think that they would want to please their customers and also make money. This business model makes no sense. Scalpers are probably making more money off of this line then NECA is.

I really hope I'm able to find the ultimate foot soldier single pack when they come out. The Higher production runs made me less worried but knowing this now makes me worry again.

Last edited by Germ; 01-25-2021 at 01:49 PM.
Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:01 PM   #3405
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Wow! First time in over a year I was actually able to order online. Fingers crossed it doesn't get canceled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Seriously do they not get that every set has been this popular? I mean is there one set that people have not pleaded and begged for this kind of distribution for? I don't think collectible companies/stores get that they are dealing with the same generation that made TMNT so popular it took up whole toy isles in the USA. And, I think most of us are back at it.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #3406
mikey see
Mad Scientist

This is not first-hand knowledge, so don't take it as fact necessarily.

Krang and Splinter/Baxter were not ordered and stocked by NECA. For the first time, Target themselves handled both as they wanted to be sure to get them out in large numbers for Christmas. Now that Christmas is over they'll be returning to the way they've always handled the line.

Like I said, I don't know this for fact, it's just what I've read. Whatever the reason, this release was absolutely handled differently. The first time I saw Krang there were 6. Then I found Splinter/Baxter, and once again there were six. Next time I went back to my store all of the Krangs were gone but there were still at least three sets of Splinter. Last week they'd restocked BOTH sets, and moved them to an end-cap with the rest of the toys. This alone makes me think that Target is indeed handling this release themselves as I've never seen NECA product anywhere but back behind electronics.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:09 PM   #3407
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I don't think collectible companies/stores get that they are dealing with the same generation that made TMNT so popular it took up whole toy isles in the USA. And, I think most of us are back at it.
I would not compare the two. It's the same generation but most of those kids have fortunately grown up to become functional adults so they left toys behind. People in their 30s and 40s usually don't buy toys.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:16 PM   #3408
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

For those who still want Splinter and Baxter....it’s still available on the Target website.

https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-cartoon-7-34-scale-action-figure-splinter-and-baxter-2pk/-/A-80339748
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #3409
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Dang, it looks like Target and NECA finally got their act together. I hope it carries over for the 4 Turtles and other 2-packs. I am still missing the turtles and I need this new 4-pack!

Saw this video online where someone found a fresh case of Krangs at their store. 6 per case. If I had to guess, I'd think every store got at least one case worth of Krang and Splinter, hence why they are finally being able to be ordered online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8a3keggKM

Living the dream right here ^
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #3410
Germ
Foot Soldier

Doe anybody actually have any idea or heard anything (even rumors) if they will re-release the April and Casey 2 packs with the trashed foot soldiers???? I'm debating weather or not to just pull the trigger already and get them off ebay. i fear if i don't buy them now, they will only go up in price over time on ebay. Anyone have any inside knowledge if these will be released again?
Old 01-25-2021, 05:50 PM   #3411
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Doe anybody actually have any idea or heard anything (even rumors) if they will re-release the April and Casey 2 packs with the trashed foot soldiers???? I'm debating weather or not to just pull the trigger already and get them off ebay. i fear if i don't buy them now, they will only go up in price over time on ebay. Anyone have any inside knowledge if these will be released again?
There currently has not been any news of NECA re-releasing April O’ Neil versus the Bashed Foot Soldier and Casey Jones versus the Slashed Foot Soldier. You could wait until tomorrow afternoon when the #TurtleTuesday announcement goes up on the NECA Instagram page to get these. As of right now, NECA is not correcting the head sculpt to April for a reproduction of April O’ Neil versus the Bashed Foot Soldier, nor is Casey Jones versus the Slashed Foot Soldier going to be in the case with the corrected April O’ Neil. I would jump the gun and get them off of eBay before the prices go up on the aftermarket.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:01 PM   #3412
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
There currently has not been any news of NECA re-releasing April O’ Neil versus the Bashed Foot Soldier and Casey Jones versus the Slashed Foot Soldier. You could wait until tomorrow afternoon when the #TurtleTuesday announcement goes up on the NECA Instagram page to get these. As of right now, NECA is not correcting the head sculpt to April for a reproduction of April O’ Neil versus the Bashed Foot Soldier, nor is Casey Jones versus the Slashed Foot Soldier going to be in the case with the corrected April O’ Neil. I would jump the gun and get them off of eBay before the prices go up on the aftermarket.
I know I'm revisiting this again, but based on what I said on the last page as well as the April O'Neil sculpt, NECA needs to release a head swap pack for the FW line.

But then again even that would piss us off because they'd be charging more for something that should have been done correctly in the first place.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #3413
Germ
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Thanks for the helpful info. I don't have an Instagram and am not to computer literate. Can anyone post a link tomorrow after the new news is out? I guess i can wait till then at least.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:57 PM   #3414
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
Thanks for the helpful info. I don't have an Instagram and am not to computer literate. Can anyone post a link tomorrow after the new news is out? I guess i can wait till then at least.
You’re welcome, Germ. Someone will post the #TurtleTuesday information here tomorrow. Unfortunately, it may not be related to reissues of April O’ Neil Versus the Bashed Foot Soldier and Casey Jones Versus the Slashed Foot Soldier. I say be ready for anything.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:59 PM   #3415
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I know I'm revisiting this again, but based on what I said on the last page as well as the April O'Neil sculpt, NECA needs to release a head swap pack for the FW line.

But then again even that would piss us off because they'd be charging more for something that should have been done correctly in the first place.
NECA could definitely redeem themselves later in the line by releasing a deluxe April O' Neil with a toon accurate head sculpt and swappable mutation parts (similar to Vernon and Rat Vernon) for each of her animal mutations. However, I don't think it is particularly too high up in their priorities. I'm still confused why April O' Neil was green-lighted by execs. They also had over a year to fix the sculpt (it reminds me of that time that Super 7 downgraded Filmation She-Ra's face sculpt and dealt with considerable backlash).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #3416
stcardinal
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
NECA could definitely redeem themselves later in the line by releasing a deluxe April O' Neil with a toon accurate head sculpt and swappable mutation parts (similar to Vernon and Rat Vernon) for each of her animal mutations. However, I don't think it is particularly too high up in their priorities. I'm still confused why April O' Neil was green-lighted by execs. They also had over a year to fix the sculpt (it reminds me of that time that Super 7 downgraded Filmation She-Ra's face sculpt and dealt with considerable backlash).
I almost feel that is what they will do. Because if NECA had just release a perfect April right off the bat, people would skip a Cat April not deeming it essential.
stcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #3417
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

I mean, there's precedent. Mattel released a package of swappable heads for the "Masters of the Universe Classics" line ways back that more closely resembled the 2003 cartoon looks for certain characters like Buzz-Off and Sy-Klone, in case collectors wanted to display the figures with that look rather than the "classic" one. Since the figure bodies themselves were 99% identical whether the character was "80s style" or "2003 style", it didn't make sense to release a whole new figure just to get a second head, BUT it was a way to give people options if they wanted to display Buzz-Off with the more prominent antennae or Sy-Klone with his Samurai look, stuff like that, which was nice of them.

The variable of course being, Back Then it wasn't common practice yet to ship figures like this with multiple heads and all that, the way it is now. Nowadays, if any character had more than one "look", the default is absolutely to ship the base figure with swappable parts. So yeah, given that the NECA TMNT figures are coming out Now and not ten years ago, it makes sense that they should have just included swappable heads in-package as a default since even the Mattel WWE figures do that now. BUT, at least there's a historical precedent for simply shipping a box of alternate heads. So there's a chance they COULD do that. It would make more sense than just producing brand new figures over and over when the base figures are Just Fine and it's mostly the heads people take some issue with.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #3418
Germ
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You’re welcome, Germ. Someone will post the #TurtleTuesday information here tomorrow. Unfortunately, it may not be related to reissues of April O’ Neil Versus the Bashed Foot Soldier and Casey Jones Versus the Slashed Foot Soldier. I say be ready for anything.

yeah I doubt it will be either but I guess it couldn't hurt to hold out one more day just in case.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #3419
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Krang's Android Body single is the same thing that shipped twice before, but bigger, correct? If that is the case it does not feel like a 'must buy' for me.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:23 PM   #3420
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Krang's Android Body single is the same thing that shipped twice before, but bigger, correct? If that is the case it does not feel like a 'must buy' for me.
Previous NECA Krangs shipped with the bubble walker, while this new Krang is the android body he used much more frequently in the series. Krang himself is quite a bit different as well.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote