The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 04:36 AM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Meh, streaming won’t go away. This is the future.
Scheduled radio and television ruined family time for almost 100 years, and more or less prevented many families and friends from going out evenings and do something else. I'm not sad to see it go.

Even as a child; I would often hometape programmes instead of being dependent of the clock all the time. If I played with my friends in the afternoon after school, I home-taped programmes and watched during early evenings.

These days, I only watch live broadcastings like sports at the time they air. The rest, I stream a day later or so, using each channel's play service to skip the boring commercials. Then of course, there's the Youtube but that's more for watching video clips...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #42
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That image is a homage to the first movie's poster.

https://scontent-mia3-2.cdninstagram..._nc_sid=86f79a
Not a fan of Rise but that's pretty clever.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #43
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Scheduled radio and television ruined family time for almost 100 years, and more or less prevented many families and friends from going out evenings and do something else. I'm not sad to see it go.
Uh...

Now families and friends just have their nose stuck on their smartphones, watching streaming and videos while out in public or at home. I see it all the time. I'm often the only one in a restaurant without my phone out, even my spouse has his phone on him, reading through posts on Reddit or watching Twitch. I hate it.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Uh...

Now families and friends just have their nose stuck on their smartphones, watching streaming and videos while out in public or at home. I see it all the time. I'm often the only one in a restaurant without my phone out, even my spouse has his phone on him, reading through posts on Reddit or watching Twitch. I hate it.
That's caused by mobile telephones with Internet connection, not because of streaming replacing scheudled programming. But still, it's very sad.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #45
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
That's caused by mobile telephones with Internet connection, not because of streaming replacing scheudled programming. But still, it's very sad.
I also never use my phone for internet. I only use interne on my monster computer whis ic 10000 times better and morethan any phone will ever be and Some of my friends does it and fortunately most of them dont do it. It is sad to see so many people in do it even when they are out with their friends and family. Mostly are people who are obessed with twitter or facebook or youtube and want to check all the time if they have some new messages or something. And now that we have this discussion i just finished watching a movie about it. it was about some teenagers who went to a camp that was about making kids forget about technology and do other activities.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #46
sdp
-

How long before this failure of a streaming service merges with another? with peacock? the newly formed Discovery/Warner Media company? Clearly paramount + can't compete even AT&T decided to spin-off and basically sell warner media and this service is #9 in subs. Clearly TMNT deserve to be on another platform.
The great merging of streaming services is happening, we'll have only a few as hollywood scrambles to compete with big tech so most mergers will likely be allowed.

Last edited by sdp; 05-17-2021 at 06:31 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #47
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

It goes beyond simply merging streaming services. Seems like ViacomCBS as a whole is on the block.

Think we’ll see a lot of m&a activity this year.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:27 AM   #48
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How long before this failure of a streaming service merges with another? with peacock? the newly formed Discovery/Warner Media company? Clearly paramount + can't compete even AT&T decided to spin-off and basically sell warner media and this service is #9 in subs. Clearly TMNT deserve to be on another platform.
The great merging of streaming services is happening, we'll have only a few as hollywood scrambles to compete with big tech so most mergers will likely be allowed.
it can continue be on Nickelodeon and dont need to be in any streaming subcription service. All these will fail and dissapear as people are getting tires and angry of having to use so many streamign services to watch the series and movies they want. It is a matter of time until they all fial and dissapear and evrything return back to normal and free tv channels/tv.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #49
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I read several of the posts above as "THE END IS NEAR! PRAY TO THE STREAMING GODS FOR TMNT WILL EXPLODE!"

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #50
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
it can continue be on Nickelodeon and dont need to be in any streaming subcription service. All these will fail and dissapear as people are getting tires and angry of having to use so many streamign services to watch the series and movies they want. It is a matter of time until they all fial and dissapear and evrything return back to normal and free tv channels/tv.
Yes some streaming services will fail or consolidate but it's naive to think things will go back to the old linear model. That's dying and there is no recovery.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:51 AM   #51
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone who’s thinking of subscribing to PP in the UK (it launched this morning), there’s only the first season of Rise and the full 2012 show. No 2003 series or Platinum Dunes movies
Old 06-22-2022, 01:10 AM   #52
Wildcat
Foot Elite

What? It’s like total opposite in the US. I just mentioned this in the tv/movies board recently. Full 2003 series but no 2012 series. PD Movies are also there and full Rise. Very strange.
Old 06-22-2022, 01:57 AM   #53
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
What? It’s like total opposite in the US. I just mentioned this in the tv/movies board recently. Full 2003 series but no 2012 series. PD Movies are also there and full Rise. Very strange.
The UK launch content has been quite lacklustre in all areas, doesn’t hold a candle to Disney Plus’s launch a few years ago. I think the PD movies have been available on Amazon Prime recently which would explain why they’re not there. No idea why 2003 isn’t there, but since it was really the only reason I subscribed to the service, I’ll go back to my DVD collection.

No VPN’s seem to take me to the US version, but I can get onto the Canadian version of the site. It makes no sense.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:59 AM   #54
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I only used a free trial. I don’t care to have Paramount +. Their TMNT content is just so weird. Again it’s worth mentioning Turtles Forever is not on there either. The grand finale to the 2003 series which like I said is available. None of it makes sense.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:11 PM   #55
Antoniocafe
Thug

While the original cartoon has become non existant on Pluto, the third season has been added to Paramount Plus. So I guess that's something.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 02:30 PM   #56
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniocafe View Post
While the original cartoon has become non existant on Pluto, the third season has been added to Paramount Plus. So I guess that's something.
Wait, they don't have the full series on there?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:33 AM   #57
Antoniocafe
Thug

So it appears that we've reached the point where NO version of TMNT is airing on the Pluto channel. They really should rename the channel if they're not gonna air TMNT on it.
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:54 AM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I been noticing the Totally Turtles channel has only been airing episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:44 AM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniocafe View Post
So it appears that we've reached the point where NO version of TMNT is airing on the Pluto channel. They really should rename the channel if they're not gonna air TMNT on it.
Not even on weekdays???

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:41 PM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Haven't looked much, but did see that Airbender was on midweek last week.

Was bad enough the TMNT couldn't have THEIR channel on the weekend, now this? FOUR series they could give airtime to (and have shown in the ads!), yet weren't even capable of it, and now Airbender/Avartar with two series gets ALL the airtime? WTF. I don't get it.

Give those two series their own channel instead of taking over another, is that so hard? I hope it's just related to the Netflix series coming out and will frick off after while.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paramount plus