The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #3841
AquaParade
Banned

I checked the Target neat me and they didnt even have a section. Neca's April Fools joke looking pretty tasteless as sets arrive on Ebay for $400.

I may check another Target today. I'm not counting on it but I'll pick up two if I see em, in case anyone else wants one. If anyone here finds an extra, I'd love to pay for it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #3842
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
I'm considering getting in on these new NECA store pre-orders, but I'm a little wary since I still haven't received Bebop & Rocksteady and I ordered that forever ago (I think it might have even been a year, but I honestly can't remember anymore). Hopefully these won't have that same issue of having to wait a very long time to receive them? It just feels weird to order from them again while still waiting to receive another order from them after so long, and I guess I just want some assurance that I shouldn't worry about it from people that have received stuff from the NECA store before.
I’m still waiting on B&R and Slash/Leatherhead from Neca, but I’ve gotten consistent emails from them regarding orders, so I’d say you’re safe to order.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #3843
AquaParade
Banned

Is there any reason that the disguise pack wouldn't have potential to be one of the items up for online order in the coming weeks?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #3844
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Is there any reason that the disguise pack wouldn't have potential to be one of the items up for online order in the coming weeks?
No, nothing that we're privy to at least. Randy said on Twitter that he's trying to get it up for preorders.

It feels like every release he's having to talk to Target reps about if it's okay. They may want first crack at it on their shelves though as part of the agreement.

The truth is, we just don't know how all that's working.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #3845
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
I didn't order Bebop & Rocksteady, but I did get Super Shredder and Tokka & Rahzar. I didn't really mind the wait, and they were packed better than anything I've received from any other eCommerce site.
I might go for it, then. I think I just feel wary as a sort of psychological thing. Plus, since I don't see any option for refunds, that just makes me all the more nervous, since a lot of money is being spent here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I’m still waiting on B&R and Slash/Leatherhead from Neca, but I’ve gotten consistent emails from them regarding orders, so I’d say you’re safe to order.
I've been getting those e-mails, too, but like I said... I think it's just a psychological reaction of mine or something.

Quote:
Neca's April Fools joke looking pretty tasteless as sets arrive on Ebay for $400.
I totally get that. My Target's NECA section constantly has its TMNT stuff completely cleaned out. Only a very small handful of times have I ever seen any TMNT stuff there, and that's out of possibly thousands of visits.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:39 AM   #3846
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I think the final preorder will be a movie April O’Neil + unmasked Casey 2-pack, timed to coincide right after Judith Hoag’s final tmnt takeover video. Judith had said that if they make a figure of her, it had to be easy to obtain. So it makes sense to put her up on the neca store instead of making it a Walmart exclusive.

My guess would be that the other 2 preorders are video game / comic related, and that there won’t be any other toon preorders this month.
Creedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #3847
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
I think the final preorder will be a movie April O’Neil + unmasked Casey 2-pack, timed to coincide right after Judith Hoag’s final tmnt takeover video. Judith had said that if they make a figure of her, it had to be easy to obtain. So it makes sense to put her up on the neca store instead of making it a Walmart exclusive.

My guess would be that the other 2 preorders are video game / comic related, and that there won’t be any other toon preorders this month.
It certainly stands to reason... although this is NECA distribution...

I actually think Judith April will be a stand-alone "Ultimate" figure... initially.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Judith re-issue later on (with a different outfit from the film) alongside unmasked Casey Jones.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 04-14-2021 at 11:25 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #3848
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedog View Post

Actually Randy stated the pre-orders are exclusively the Toon line turtles.

“ THREE WEEKS OF TMNT PRE-ORDERS! Each Friday for the next few weeks, we will launch a new pre-order event for some great TMNT Cartoon action figures on theNECAstore.com! Each pre-order event will run for 10 days and feature some awesome surprises as too. OPEN INTERNATIONALLY!”
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:27 AM   #3849
Creedog
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
Actually Randy stated the pre-orders are exclusively the Toon line turtles.

“ THREE WEEKS OF TMNT PRE-ORDERS! Each Friday for the next few weeks, we will launch a new pre-order event for some great TMNT Cartoon action figures on theNECAstore.com! Each pre-order event will run for 10 days and feature some awesome surprises as too. OPEN INTERNATIONALLY!”
Well that’s awesome for me, as I only collect toon. But kind of crazy that the April O’Neil situation won’t end with a preorder... but it’s NECA
Old 04-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #3850
Creedog
Foot Soldier

By the way, here’s the barcode for the toon disguise 4-pack, that you can use in store (employee or standalone kiosk) to search multiple local targets.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:35 AM   #3851
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I dunno if this is true or not but someone on another site said they got a response back from NECA CS that the Pizza Monsters will eventually come to Target later in the year.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #3852
DarthKrang
Mouser

I just saw that NMC Toys in Canada has the Pizza Monster up for pre-order with an ETA of October.
DarthKrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #3853
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Got my Turtles in Disguise 4pack yesterday in Columbus Indiana. So I'm guessing if anyone else is from Indiana; they're in the state. Hopefully nobody was greedy and bought 2 or 3 of them.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:53 PM   #3854
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Got my Turtles in Disguise 4pack yesterday in Columbus Indiana. So I'm guessing if anyone else is from Indiana; they're in the state. Hopefully nobody was greedy and bought 2 or 3 of them.
Did they have a good number of them? I live in Southern Indiana, maybe tomorrow would be a good day for a drive...
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #3855
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Did they have a good number of them? I live in Southern Indiana, maybe tomorrow would be a good day for a drive...
There was only one left but maybe they'll restock? I hope you get one. I was shocked to find it. I treated myself for a early Birthday gift even though it's not Friday lol.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #3856
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Does anyone know if these will go up on Targets website?
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:46 AM   #3857
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

No four pack for me... I saw a bunch of new stuff but the four packs were gone.

Also I saw no less than FOUR other adult collectors hunting the NECA section in the short period I was there. The hunting competition is intense... only way I think I can get this is if it goes up online.

NECA and Target both dramatically underdeliver on the demand for this line.

I miss the days when I was the only collector stalking around. I might see like 1 other person on average before the pandemic, but now suddenly everyone is into it. Anyone who's collecting now who wasn't doing it in 2019 is a poser or scalper as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and ebay sellers want $400 for this pack... lovely. Look what you have done NECA.

Last edited by Zulithe; 04-15-2021 at 01:52 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 04:34 AM   #3858
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Anyone who's collecting now who wasn't doing it in 2019 is a poser or scalper as far as I'm concerned.
I've been feeling this A LOT. Not that the "posers" shouldn't also be entitled to begin their fandom and collect but man, after waiting 30 years for screen accurate versions it's frustrating how much stress is involved in obtaining these things. The stress directly offsets my enjoyment and Im really not feeling it anymore.

I have a full time job and hunting toys can't become my part time job more than it already has.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:04 AM   #3859
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I miss the days when I was the only collector stalking around. I might see like 1 other person on average before the pandemic, but now suddenly everyone is into it.
Sad to say but you kinda need everyone to do it.
If only the handful of hardcores are buying it, it's gonna be like the mirage figures again back when Neca first started, very limited. Only reason this line got as deep as it did was because casuals, scalpers, everyone is buying it.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #3860
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

On the latest e-mail update from NECA, they have all three current pre-order items listed as shipping in the fall.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote