The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #4181
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

How hard is it to find the frog set?

My Targets (3 actually) had a crap ton of them along with the Triceraton Zork sets but no 4 packs *big f****ing shock*
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:01 AM   #4182
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
How hard is it to find the frog set?

My Targets (3 actually) had a crap ton of them along with the Triceraton Zork sets but no 4 packs *big f****ing shock*
I've yet to see the frogs personally. I'm not worried yet since the Target drop hasn't even happened and they seem to be hitting in large numbers everywhere else. It does make me wonder what's up with my store though. We're usually pretty consistently stocked along with the surrounding area. I hope that hasn't changed. I never saw the 4-pack either.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:08 AM   #4183
AquaParade
Banned

Entering this thread literally just reminded me that I dreamt of finding one of the disguise sets in a Target last night. Honestly, I didn't know it was that important to me. I was just starting to think I was sort of "over" getting it. Good times.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #4184
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Am I the only person disappointed that the cartoon diorama is packaged in a plain cardboard box?

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #4185
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Am I the only person disappointed that the cartoon diorama is packaged in a plain cardboard box?
No, you're not. I was hoping it would be similar to the 1990's movie one with appropriate TMNT logos and such. Ahh well...
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #4186
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullox View Post
No, you're not. I was hoping it would be similar to the 1990's movie one with appropriate TMNT logos and such. Ahh well...
There was originally a box for the NYC Street Scene Diorama shown last December in a TheFwoosh interview with VeeBee and Randy, but I guess they decided not to go with it.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #4187
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
That is hysterical! Mine is sitting here right next to me as I type this. I only opened the accessory pack so far, but I'm glad I read this. I would've opened the cardboard box, which I thought was purely a shipping box, and been like "they just threw this stuff in a shipping box?!?"

HAHAHA, f'n NECA, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #4188
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Entering this thread literally just reminded me that I dreamt of finding one of the disguise sets in a Target last night. Honestly, I didn't know it was that important to me. I was just starting to think I was sort of "over" getting it. Good times.
Good times until waking up anyway?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:19 PM   #4189
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That is hysterical! Mine is sitting here right next to me as I type this. I only opened the accessory pack so far, but I'm glad I read this. I would've opened the cardboard box, which I thought was purely a shipping box, and been like "they just threw this stuff in a shipping box?!?"

HAHAHA, f'n NECA, man.
They ship in a regular shipping box which has all the usual text identifying the contents etc... Then inside the set is in a custom air cushion wrap that protects the actual box. But that box is just a black cardboard box. There's no label, upc, nothing. I had assumed this was just an outer protection until I opened one end and found the display set pieces staring back at me.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #4190
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

mine was like 273 out of 2,000 something, i wonder if thats really how many have been made?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:26 PM   #4191
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
mine was like 273 out of 2,000 something, i wonder if thats really how many have been made?
I got 851 of 2041
Old 05-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #4192
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It isn't....
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #4193
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

accessory set arrived today. Love those tiny turtles!
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #4194
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
accessory set arrived today. Love those tiny turtles!
I was, for some reason, actually disappointed that this showed up in a box rather than on the blister card that it was originally shown on some time back.

Not a big deal, but just something I thought was more charming on a cardback.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:27 PM   #4195
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I was, for some reason, actually disappointed that this showed up in a box rather than on the blister card that it was originally shown on some time back.

Not a big deal, but just something I thought was more charming on a cardback.
when was it shown on a blistercard?
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #4196
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcatalano View Post
Yeah it is
No it isn't...Randy shot that down weeks ago
Old 05-16-2021, 10:45 AM   #4197
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
No it isn't...Randy shot that down weeks ago
I’m confused,
How did Randy shoot down a number weeks ago that no one knew existed or to ask about till a few days ago when the boxes started arriving with the individual case number on them? No one even knew there was no box art till this week, much less a box number of total number.
I’m not saying you are wrong or anything malicious, I’m just curious to view his comments about this myself.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #4198
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
mine was like 273 out of 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
It isn't....
Quote:
I got 851 of 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
I’m confused,
How did Randy shoot down a number weeks ago that no one knew existed or to ask about till a few days ago when the boxes started arriving with the individual case number on them? No one even knew there was no box art till this week, much less a box number of total number.
I’m not saying you are wrong or anything malicious, I’m just curious to view his comments about this myself.
I think they might be passive-aggressively bantering about the accuracy of the number. One guy said 2,000, but my box actually reads 2,041.

Also, another possibility is that these aren't being numbered to indicate the full production run, but rather numbered to indicate the number of shipments or orders.

Now if that's true? Then you can guess that this animated set had a production run of somewhere in the realm of 2,250 or maybe as high as 2,500. You have to account for holdback, replacements, initial run tests, etc. My guess would be that whatever overage there is will make an appearance at a convention as a booth exclusive limited to 500 or whatever remainder there is. You can absolutely bet that NECA didn't make 3,500 to 5,000 of these things.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:29 PM   #4199
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Also, another possibility is that these aren't being numbered to indicate the full production run, but rather numbered to indicate the number of shipments or orders..
They're not...Randy said the numbers on the boxes don't mean squat. They are producing much more than what the carton box says. They wouldn't even bother turning on production for 2,000 pieces
Old 05-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #4200
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
I’m confused,
Because he was asked and he answered. The carton numbers are not the full production numbers. In fact, he said they don't disclose full production numbers