The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #581
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I don't know about that, But TMNT is due for a new CGI animated movie since 2007.
Due for another CGI animated movie? That implies that people were waiting for another one after the Imagi movie...they were not.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #582
AquaParade
Banned

Seth Rogen is involved with the tv show adaptions of Invincible, The Boys, and Preacher.
It's actually not a bad track record for comic book adaptions.

It will probably be for kids, but there is a chance he mimics the source material to an extent. He definitely at least tries to take from the source material with the other three projects. Maybe Robert Kirkman was able to steer him in the right direction while they collaborated on Invincible. Wishful thinking.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:59 PM   #583
neatoman
Emperor

Kirkman isn't involved with this movie is he?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #584
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Seth Rogen is involved with the tv show adaptions of Invincible, The Boys, and Preacher.
It's actually not a bad track record for comic book adaptions.

It will probably be for kids, but there is a chance he mimics the source material to an extent. He definitely at least tries to take from the source material with the other three projects. Maybe Robert Kirkman was able to steer him in the right direction while they collaborated on Invincible. Wishful thinking.
The question is, What will he used for the source material, He could either look at the mirage comics and go from that. But given how mainstream FW was back in the days. I wouldn't be surprise if he used that as the source material, But also look into some of the IDW stuff, He did emphasize the teenage part on one of the interviews. So we could see the Turtles with a lot more teenage angsts then we seen from previous movies.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #585
Galactus
Foot Elite

The most likely route they'll go down is using the Fred Wolf show as their primary inspiration even though the last movie was basically that in live action and is so far the only TMNT movie to actually fail and almost finish the franchise.

There's a few lessons you can learn from that, one of which is that kids today are not interested in a version of TMNT that is based on a show they've never seen and have little interest in.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:48 PM   #586
Leo656
The Franchise

The "Preacher" show is generally despised by fans of the book, and while "The Boys" is generally better-received it also has very little in common with the books outside of costumes and character names, so it's a bit of a stretch to say that Rogen's involvement in these licensed properties implies any sort of "fidelity" to the source material. I haven't seen or read "Invincible" so I can't speak to that.

It's all more like "Kinda-sorta resembles the source material if you squint really hard", which is really no better or worse than any other "adaptations" out there from Marvel or DC or otherwise. Rogen's involvement in and of itself promises nothing.

Based on Rogen's age and general style of "humor" and priority, one can safely assume it'll be a FW-inspired take that maybe ages them up slightly to be about 17 or something. He's the same age as the group of fans who came into the franchise with the FW cartoon, and his type of "humor" is the sort of goofy stoner sh*t that makes Kevin Smith look like Quentin Tarantino. So you can already guess what he'd put together, and it will probably be dreadful.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:56 AM   #587
AquaParade
Banned

Yup, Preacher is generally despised by hardcore fans. I love the comics but never gave the show a real try, so I can't say. I definitely picked up on the disdain however.

The Boys and Invincible were generally very well received, and generally faithful adaptions. No, they may not be 100% exactly like the source material all the time (you can read the books for that), but they are very clearly revere the source material. Especially Invincible, I mean damn. If you can get the TMNT that close to the source material in the 21st century, that'd be a complete and utter win.

So, yeah, I'd say it's a pretty solid track record of adaptions, all things considered. If Mirage still owned TMNT and handed it over to this production team, I'd be damn excited. With Nick at the helm, odds are they skew a different direction.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:42 PM   #588
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
With Nick at the helm, odds are they skew a different direction.
We saw their direction so far,it went from sometimes passable to- wtf is this Teen Titans Go ripoff. I doubt adding dick jokes will help.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #589
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

I have a close friend who's an industry type in LA and the info he's feeding me about the new movie does not make me too excited. I'm going in with EXTREMELY low expectations.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 05-15-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:48 PM   #590
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slime State Alumni View Post
I have a close friend who's an industry type in LA and the info he's me feeding me about the new movie does not make me too excited. I'm going in with EXTREMELY low expectations.
What can you tell us?
Old 05-15-2021, 01:56 PM   #591
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Surely there are character designs by now that we could see...? That might give us some sense of the vibe they're going with?

I guess they didn't get the memo that me being away from the computer and internet for several days due to work is the perfect time when they should finally put something out there so I'm made to be late to the discussion... Was kind of hoping that would happen. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:38 PM   #592
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What can you tell us?
Let's just say whatever you were hoping for, you're not gonna get it
Old 05-15-2021, 05:57 PM   #593
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
That really depends.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:56 PM   #594
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I dunno, he sometimes wants the opposite of some of the general consensus around here, so he might be the only one that gets what he wants.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:04 PM   #595
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I have a close friend who's an industry type in LA and the info he's feeding me about the new movie does not make me too excited. I'm going in with EXTREMELY low expectations.
Your avatar makes me wonder if you're the best judge on what "the fandom" wants.

But I mean... what? Are you talking the "take" on the TMNT? Is it kind of poised to be corny? Or are you just thinking there isn't enough Fred Wolf crap in there? Something else?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:30 AM   #596
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Your avatar makes me wonder if you're the best judge on what "the fandom" wants.

But I mean... what? Are you talking the "take" on the TMNT? Is it kind of poised to be corny? Or are you just thinking there isn't enough Fred Wolf crap in there? Something else?
If he had a real insider feeding him morsels, he'd reveal more details instead of being cryptic. I'm gonna assume he's lying or exaggerating.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #597
Sumac
Banned

As if any expectations regrading TMNT movies can be any lower...lol
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #598
CyberCubed
Overlord

After the two Michael Bay movies, and then Rise after that, I'm really not sure what other odd expectations I can have at this point.

Going full "Family Guy" humor with TMNT isn't what I expect either, since Nick will want kids to watch this and they're not going to go all adult comedy with it limiting sales to younger kids.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #599
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's going to be a comedy/action aimed at kids, think The Incredibles or Big Hero 6.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #600
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
If he had a real insider feeding him morsels, he'd reveal more details instead of being cryptic. I'm gonna assume he's lying or exaggerating.
I was just humoring the thought.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote