Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 07:22 AM   #141
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Aw, hell no, TigerClaw. No.

As a woman, a minority, and also a bisexual, I have to say this comic fails. It's not because it puts spotlight on female characters or minorities, dude. It's because the writing is dismal. I don't mind representation, obviously, but I also don't want sloppy writing, unlikable and unrelatable characters, boring storylines, the main characters being guest stars in their own title, and so on. This isn't about politics, it's about the book not being entertaining or fun anymore. I never felt this way with TMNT Adventures back in the day, that comic included a lot of female characters (April had a lot of stuff to do including her own mini series, Oyuki, Ninjara, etc) and minorities, and also great storylines that are memorable today.
Exactly this! I wrote the same thing but extended it for another 3 paragraphs lol.
So tired of the whole "Oh you hate thing!? You must hate how "woke" thing is!" no the story is just ****.
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:28 AM   #142
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I never felt this way with TMNT Adventures back in the day, that comic included a lot of female characters (April had a lot of stuff to do including her own mini series, Oyuki, Ninjara, etc) and minorities, and also great storylines that are memorable today.
I wish Oyuki would get adapted to IDW TMNT. Or at least I would if the comic ever returns to form.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:33 AM   #143
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

We all like tmnt, why can't we put aside our differences and just try to get along and be civil towards one another?
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:37 AM   #144
phillytmnt
Thug

Mexiun took the words right out of my mouth. I simply dislike the ongoing series now because it’s BORING. Nothing significant or exciting ever happens. What has stood out in 20 issues that make you go wow and get excited for the next issue!?
This simply doesn’t feel like a TMNT comic and I started collecting this comic because I wanted to read a TMNT comic. I loved Tom Waltz’s run overall. I have no interest in reading a comic featuring a female Porky Pig, a punk rock turtle, and little furry creatures that wear pink ninja masks . My opinion on this book has nothing to do with politics! The current TMNT run is simply not a TMNT comic!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #145
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
We all like tmnt, why can't we put aside our differences and just try to get along and be civil towards one another?
Its hard to be civil if this comic has gone to crap and with it divided the fanbase.
Humans always seek fights with the opposite, its in our nature sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
Mexiun took the words right out of my mouth. I simply dislike the ongoing series now because it’s BORING. Nothing significant or exciting ever happens. What has stood out in 20 issues that make you go wow and get excited for the next issue!?
This simply doesn’t feel like a TMNT comic and I started collecting this comic because I wanted to read a TMNT comic. I loved Tom Waltz’s run overall. I have no interest in reading a comic featuring a female Porky Pig, a punk rock turtle, and little furry creatures that wear pink ninja masks . My opinion on this book has nothing to do with politics! The current TMNT run is simply not a TMNT comic!
You're saying a 2 story arc about some random eel isn't interesting!? Or like 3 issues of Michaelangelo painting a wall isn't cool!?
Yeah i'm just so done with this comic... i ask myself this "If this was the TMNT run from issue 1, would it reach a 100 issues? Nope, maybe 50 before it gets cancelled".
And the politics yeah... i'm just done with writers cramming their useless hate and pettiness in comics and show their pointless political view in their writing... no one cares, we just want a fun story and action, but yeah everyone wants to 'be deep' these days.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:06 AM   #146
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I'm not really convinced that TigerClaw likes the same thing the rest of us like.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:12 AM   #147
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
Or like 3 issues of Michaelangelo painting a wall isn't cool!?
I see what you did there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I'm not really convinced that TigerClaw likes the same thing the rest of us like.
Story goes he hasn't even read the same comic as the rest of us before Campbell came on board.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:37 PM   #148
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Absolutely, We all love TMNT, I love the artwork you have of some of the characters, Shows how much love you have for TMNT.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #149
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

If anyone actually believes that Campbell is not injecting any of the woke BS identity politic crap into the story, then said person is in denial. I believe most fans would appreciate a bad ass female ninja turtle or any other character done in a way that was considered “diverse”, as long as it’s genuinely good. Too many people are hip to what’s going on in the world to just buy into all this crap. Just make a fun cool exciting turtle comic without all the loony left propaganda.
I mean Raphael getting so much feelings and storming off over possibly drunk Casey taking a little verbal jab at his lame ass girlfriend is so far from the way dudes act that it makes me to want to hurl. And the baby crime fighting crew is even worse. FFs sake just write cool ass turtle stories and most fans will be happy! And most fans being happy is what’s important and what’s going to keep the comic going strong.

It’d be nice if people could get along and respect opposing opinions, but the fact is one side thinks if you don’t agree with them, then you are an evil, racist, sexist, homophobic, former administration supporter. There’s no point trying to have a debate. Turtle comic fans are divorced, just like the country is.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:40 PM   #150
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's just been...boring for me. The entire time travel/Battle of the Bands storylines were worthless. Lita's an okay character on her own; it's neat seeing the turtles expand into a wider, more "traditional" clan. And then the Time Traveller thing happened and eccchh...

It just kinda feels like sloppy planning and there wasn't a lot of planning with what to do with a few issues. So we got Super Spark notes of a potential future. It could have been skipped entirely to continue the Slithey plot. Also LeatherKrang is right there stuck in the middle of everything.

The one thing I did kinda like was the distinction between dinosaurs.

Specifically: Pepperoni being a pet to the turtles, and Anchovy being "one of the guys" to Bebop and Rockstead.

There were lots of little ideas that are great, but didn't get the attention they deserved. Like the idea of people having their lives improved by being mutants, but their feelings don't negate those of people who are trapped and want to get out.

I just think that's neat, I just wish there had been another way.

(And of course, my priority: What the hell is going on with Burnow Island and why is it taking so long for Mr. Dangerously Loyal Ch'rell to do ANYTHING???)
Old 07-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #151
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
I mean Raphael getting so much feelings and storming off over possibly drunk Casey taking a little verbal jab at his lame ass girlfriend is so far from the way dudes act that it makes me to want to hurl.
Lol this actually happend? Can you say which issue? I'm just gonna read those pages just to see how stupid this is.
Raphael hasn't been acting like Raphael since 101 started, he seems off... way too over emotional at times and not a Raph way either.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #152
hypered1
Mad Scientist

It's in the 3rd to 5th pages of the preview in this thread.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:58 PM   #153
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Lol this actually happend? Can you say which issue? I'm just gonna read those pages just to see how stupid this is.
Raphael hasn't been acting like Raphael since 101 started, he seems off... way too over emotional at times and not a Raph way either.
Exactly, guys trade jabs here and there.

Like Casey- so that girl got you on a tight leash eh?
Raph- at least I got a girl, how's Jennika working out for ya
Casey- bruh too soon, too soon
Raph- bruh

They start gaming or something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #154
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Isn't Raph's whole thing that he's over emotional?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #155
hypered1
Mad Scientist

I think the Raph/ Casey thing was Raph being annoyed and/ or upset that Casey is starting to behave like his dad and didn't want to deal with it while the latter was still intoxicated.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:12 AM   #156
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
It's in the 3rd to 5th pages of the preview in this thread.
Lol its even worse than i thought, this is exactly what i meant by "Raph being over emotional and not in a Raph way".
Sophie definitely doesn't know how men can be with eachother, taking and giving jabs and then saying "Hah **** you dude" and continuing to do whatever they did before.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:21 AM   #157
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

That exchange reminded me a lot of like... a Dhar Mann video. Like a fake woke idea of how people should interact, written from the perspective of someone who doesn't interact with normal people.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #158
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
That exchange reminded me a lot of like... a Dhar Mann video. Like a fake woke idea of how people should interact, written from the perspective of someone who doesn't interact with normal people.
Shhh! You can't say that word! It's mean! It's hard to imagine someone like Campbell even caring about getting the interactions between two male best buds right at all. "Down with the patriachy!" and all that.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:57 PM   #159
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Ok,not like Man Ray had a lot of character...but why is he a homicidal maniac now? Other then plot needs him to be so we could make some point about police brutality or something?
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:03 PM   #160
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
Ok,not like Man Ray had a lot of character...but why is he a homicidal maniac now? Other then plot needs him to be so we could make some point about police brutality or something?
Even before Campbell took the reins Man Ray was militant-minded and replaced Slash as Hob's confidant. He and Herman were gung-ho pro-mutants. Despite the character leaning that way while Slash, Sally Pride, Mondo Gecko, and Mutagen Man were not. He was in the know about what Hob had planned with the mutagen bomb. I am not defending Campbell on the characterization as it does seem a step too far for him, however his portrayal had hints. Betraying Hob and making Furry Town go into Civil War giving Baxter Stockman reason to send in government agents to collect experiments? I did not believe that would be his direction.