The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #4901
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

There is a lot more to having a Pile of Loot than just simply having a website that can keep track of it.

That website has to have behind it a solid integration into whatever their ERP system of choice is, dealing with all of the logistics of inventory, distribution, etc. To make sure that your loot doesn't actually get picked and shipped to someone else while you are sitting on it, and that they have accurate inventory.
And behind THAT must be robust physical real-world logistics, such as how they plan to manage to keep all that stock across multiple products stored indefinitely until the moment at which you decide to ship it, and how they will make sure it remains easily locatable and ready to go on that day. And even that is an oversimplification.

So...actually when you think about it it's pretty impressive that BBTS does it at all, and not at all surprising that NECA can't be bothered to do so. Just be glad that they're even letting us buy them this way now... One step at a time.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:42 PM   #4902
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
There is a lot more to having a Pile of Loot than just simply having a website that can keep track of it.

That website has to have behind it a solid integration into whatever their ERP system of choice is, dealing with all of the logistics of inventory, distribution, etc. To make sure that your loot doesn't actually get picked and shipped to someone else while you are sitting on it, and that they have accurate inventory.
And behind THAT must be robust physical real-world logistics, such as how they plan to manage to keep all that stock across multiple products stored indefinitely until the moment at which you decide to ship it, and how they will make sure it remains easily locatable and ready to go on that day. And even that is an oversimplification.

So...actually when you think about it it's pretty impressive that BBTS does it at all, and not at all surprising that NECA can't be bothered to do so. Just be glad that they're even letting us buy them this way now... One step at a time.
Not untrue, but it doesn't have to be that complicated. In it's simplest form you could have a pile of loot with a handwritten filing system and some basic warehousing with alphabetic totes. It could be done in computer with 20 year old AS400 systems.

A Pile of Loot function doesn't have to be cutting edge to work at all. It's only record keeping and warehousing.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #4903
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post

For the record…BBTS employee count is less than 50 last I checked (wanted to work there after closing my store) NECA can and SHOULD do better. Don’t apologize for their shortcomings of which there are many.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #4904
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i've got the turtles in time sets in my loot pile since may, i keep waiting for that $250 email bill to pop up.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #4905
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i've got the turtles in time sets in my loot pile since may, i keep waiting for that $250 email bill to pop up.
There is a timer on Pile of Loot so eventually it's going to ship. And I think you've already paid for the box set - once it's in POL you only pay for tax and shipping....
Old 09-13-2021, 07:44 PM   #4906
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
There is a timer on Pile of Loot so eventually it's going to ship. And I think you've already paid for the box set - once it's in POL you only pay for tax and shipping....
technically their still in preorder but i've been waiting for them to come in but they keep getting pushed back, i expected them to be charged in may but their still waiting.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 09-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #4907
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

In case anyone was worried about getting Chromedome from NECA well after it's been available at Target, I got a shipping notification tonight.
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #4908
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
technically their still in preorder but i've been waiting for them to come in but they keep getting pushed back, i expected them to be charged in may but their still waiting.

They dont hit your pile of loot until they arrive and are charged. You then pay $4 per shipment. Pre-orders arent in the loot pile yet. BBTS site has a seperate section for pile of loot and pre-orders.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #4909
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Preorders are not the same as pile of loot. You will be charged when it comes in. You will be charged for shipping and tax when it ships out. They use the shipping address to calculate tax. You have 90 days to ship your item once it arrives. I believe if you fail to ship it in 90 days it goes back into inventory and you get a store credit. But I could be off on that last part since I have never failed to ship my pile in time.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #4910
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Preorders are not the same as pile of loot. You will be charged when it comes in. You will be charged for shipping and tax when it ships out. They use the shipping address to calculate tax. You have 90 days to ship your item once it arrives. I believe if you fail to ship it in 90 days it goes back into inventory and you get a store credit. But I could be off on that last part since I have never failed to ship my pile in time.
They keep pushing it back, I thought i'd be paying it in june, but the only one that ever came in was time Baxter
Old 09-15-2021, 09:53 AM   #4911
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
In case anyone was worried about getting Chromedome from NECA well after it's been available at Target, I got a shipping notification tonight.
I did too.... Good for NECA on the quick shipping of this one.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:37 PM   #4912
fastforwarddregg
Foot Soldier

When more of these figures and including Chrome Dome, Channel 6 pack come out, will they be at Target or will they not be seen on the shelves despite they are supposed to be there!!
fastforwarddregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:38 PM   #4913
fastforwarddregg
Foot Soldier

[QUOTE=King Kahn;1904322]Yoshi /Saki movie packs are hitting. They have been showing up in Nashville today.[/QUOTE

I haven't seen them yet! My nearest Walmart is 3 miles from me in Gilford NH.
fastforwarddregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #4914
mikey0
Foot Elite

Chromedome Video Review and Photos by Outsiders: https://toynewsi.com/139-40172
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:04 PM   #4915
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I just got my email notice that my NECAStore shipment of Chrome Dome and Goliath have shipped. I haven't felt into venturing out to any local Targets, so that makes me very happy.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:31 AM   #4916
Dask
Mad Scientist

I received the Chrome Dome from the NECA store in one of those critically acclaimed bubble wraps. That was fast!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:43 AM   #4917
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

any one else finding crome domes gun not wanting to fit/stay on the belt? i don't want to force it and snap off the rubber peg.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 09-17-2021, 09:43 AM   #4918
IMJ
Emperor

My Chrome Dome just landed as well.... holy $#!( he's huge. He is also more "white" than "silver".... hmmm.....

It's going to be a while before I take him out of the box. But wow. He's big.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #4919
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Chromedome Video Review and Photos by Outsiders: https://toynewsi.com/139-40172
Wasn't much of a review, more like of an unpacking
Old 09-17-2021, 12:05 PM   #4920
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Daniel Elson is the artist/painter commissioned to create the VHS-style box art for the NECA cartoon line. He has posted some higher-resolution art on his Tumblr:
https://danielelson.tumblr.com/

He also shared some surprising insights on Reddit:
*The "Ninja Pizza" reference could not be used on the "Turtles in Disguise" box for vague legal reasons.
*He can't find the toys in stores either!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote