The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 08:16 AM   #2641
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nice seeing the packaged figures but a little disappointed we didn't see wave 6, even if they weren't promised.

We have to be close to that pre-order window now! Then again, how many lines of Ultimates have Super 7 got going on these days? Can't help but wonder if they might be biting off more than they can chew with all these new licenses and if the sheer volume of what they're currently offering may be why we've not seen wave 6 yet.
still more time in the month yet. TMNT wave 6 is scheduled this month if you base on the "every 4 months" claim by Brian. We have wave 3 in hand, so Wave 6 should be popping up any moment
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:44 AM   #2642
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I know. And their 20th anniversary stuff starts this week so they could be saving the reveal for that (although I'd guess this might be where we see the wave 3 glow in the dark variant instead).

And most likely any delay will be more due to the current shipping backlog (which is something all companies are having to deal with) and Super7 wanting to bring the gap between pre-order and release back to normal rather than the new lines. It just feels like this sudden jump in the number of Ultimate lines won't have helped make getting things back under control any easier.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #2643
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Nice seeing the packaged figures but a little disappointed we didn't see wave 6, even if they weren't promised.

We have to be close to that pre-order window now! Then again, how many lines of Ultimates have Super 7 got going on these days? Can't help but wonder if they might be biting off more than they can chew with all these new licenses and if the sheer volume of what they're currently offering may be why we've not seen wave 6 yet.
I agree there are lots of licenses that would be great to see Super7 do, but right now I'd like them to take a break from announcing new licenses and just show more from what they already have.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #2644
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I agree there are lots of licenses that would be great to see Super7 do, but right now I'd like them to take a break from announcing new licenses and just show more from what they already have.
agreed with you
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #2645
teemu
Stone Warrior

Wave 6 goes up for sale next week
Old 09-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #2646
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Wave 6 goes up for sale next week
I wonder who this battle damaged Mouser will be paired with: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...93659696467968
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #2647
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I wonder who this battle damaged Mouser will be paired with: https://mobile.twitter.com/super7sto...93659696467968
good question....extra bonus for Slash?
Old 09-16-2021, 02:34 PM   #2648
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Human Baxter?
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #2649
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
good question....extra bonus for Slash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Human Baxter?
Perhaps Mike, the Sewer Surfer.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #2650
Chris
Mad Scientist

Human Baxter would be a surprising choice as the first original character for Ultimates but I can’t think who else would make sense with a Mouser. A set of Mousers would be my only other guess.

Honestly it feels a bit too soon to go back to Baxter but I’m so curious how he’ll look if they are doing him. Otherwise a pack of Mousers would be really cool to see but hopefully as a bonus 5th slot rather than taking up one of the four regular spaces.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #2651
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Human Baxter?
I would LOVE a pack of mousers and am hoping they get more out eventually. It would have been great if they packed one in with each villian in the first couple waves.

And a human baxter is something I have always wanted as well.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #2652
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Perhaps Mike, the Sewer Surfer.
I would love to have Mike, the Sewer Surfer first as it was one of the few figures I regret not picking up as a kid. However, Super7 appears to be hinting at Space Cadet Raph with their Homer Simpson and SpongeBob (e.g. Sandy Cheeks) products. Both got that helmet thing going on.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #2653
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Human Baxter would be a surprising choice as the first original character for Ultimates but I can’t think who else would make sense with a Mouser. A set of Mousers would be my only other guess.

Honestly it feels a bit too soon to go back to Baxter but I’m so curious how he’ll look if they are doing him. Otherwise a pack of Mousers would be really cool to see but hopefully as a bonus 5th slot rather than taking up one of the four regular spaces.
There was mention of the Rat King to go with it
Old 09-16-2021, 05:38 PM   #2654
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
There was mention of the Rat King to go with it
where/from who?

i could see them adding a 5th item to the waves from here on out, this one being a 4pack of mousers.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:49 PM   #2655
ToSte
Hench Mutant

Would have been great to get a few mousers with April.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #2656
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
where/from who?

i could see them adding a 5th item to the waves from here on out, this one being a 4pack of mousers.
Won't be a 4 pack.....I'm sticking with Slash coming with it....and Ace Duck
Old 09-17-2021, 03:23 AM   #2657
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
where/from who?
I think someone speculated it could come with Rat King over at The Fwoosh boards but it's just guessing like we are.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:05 AM   #2658
mikey see
Mad Scientist

The holes in the mouser definitely seem to align with Raph's sai on the top and a katana on the nose. But of course we've already gotten both of those figures and I doubt they'd pack a mouser in with a turtle anyway.

I wouldn't mind at all if they started upping waves to 5 figures. When this line first started I was positive they'd get to at least all of the basic mutants, if not most of the more interesting themed turtles as well. Since then S7 has started like 10+ new Ultimates lines though so I'm not so sure we'll see all those fringe characters anymore. So yeah, up the waves just a touch so we can get 20 figures per year instead of 16.

As for guesses/hopes, I'll go with
Slash
Rat King
Raph the Space Cadet
and... I don't know, sure, I'll agree with Ace Duck. I'd love a Triceraton but I don't think he's coming yet.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #2659
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I think Slash is the safest bet for this wave being confirmed. There's a reaction figure for him in the works, and Bryan Flynn has stated that the Ultimates lineup will parallel the reaction line.
He did mention that there would be a figure that we'd go bananas for, and if the word bananas was a clue, you'd think it was Sgt. Bananas. I don't think he'd be so on the nose with that clue, so I'm guessing that they're going to swing for the fences with a Scratch figure in this wave. It's a wild bet, but I think it would be a good hype move to invigorate the line.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:40 AM   #2660
teemu
Stone Warrior

This wave is supposed to have a figure never made before in the vintage line...I believe that is the "bananas" figure Brian was referring to. He said we would love it or hate it. And as much as I'd love to see Scratch now, I don't see it this round.