The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #2781
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Just curious is anyone army building the mousers?

I hope they do a pack of these in the glow in the dark. Like the one that came with GID Baxter. An army of glowing mouser would be cool.
I have one set on order with the rest of the wave through super7 and one more mouser pack ordered through BBTS. I think I’ll be good with these 10 plus the one from Baxter and one glowing one….unless they do make an glowing army builder set at some point too.
I might have gone for more, but as someone else pointed out, repeating the same battle damage looks weird, and more so en mass.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #2782
Otter
Stone Warrior

I'll be selling my mousers. I just want the replacement sais for Raph.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:38 AM   #2783
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Are the sais included with the mousers different from the ones included with Raph?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:23 AM   #2784
Chris
Mad Scientist

Wave 3 finally shipping in the UK! Hopefully get them at some point this week!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #2785
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Are the sais included with the mousers different from the ones included with Raph?
Speculation is that they're replacements for the bendy rubber ones that initially came with Raph. They were pretty universally warped out of the package.

Knowing Super7 and the inconsistencies they've had so far, I'm prepared for the sais to not fit in Raph's hands and for Surfer Mikey's heads to not match the OG figure.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:33 PM   #2786
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Bryan alluded to it in the Fwoosh interview, though he didn't get into specifics.
Mine came pretty mangled (which hot water didn't really fix) because of how they were packed. Hoping these will look better.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #2787
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

so err............... What's the latest on wave 4?
Weren't they supposed to be released right after wave 3?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:12 AM   #2788
italianice388
Stone Warrior

great question! as of the interview with brian from a week ago, they’re “on the water”, but not sure how much longer that means until they’re in hand.

they said these would be out a while ago.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:42 AM   #2789
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I'd say end of November/early December would be best time frame for wave 4 if they're on the water now, but there's really no telling with current port delays.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:57 PM   #2790
Chris
Mad Scientist

Finally got wave 3. Two stuck joints (one on one of my Mikeys, one on Metalhead) that won't budge with a hair dryer. Going to try hair dryer/cold water dunk combo at the weekend and see if that helps but luckily they're still posable so not the end of the world. Still majorly frustrating to have these issues on a line this expensive.

Apart from that issue though I absolutely love them. April looks far better in person, fair enough she's not a home run but she's good enough for me. Mikey is great just like the previous turtles. Metalhead is cool. I was originally going to skip him but added him last minute and glad I did. Rocksteady is an absolute beast and easy standout of the wave. The sheer scale of him and Bebop really make the Super 7 figures stand out next to other versions.

Three waves in and it feels like the line is really starting to come together. Once Don, Casey and Krang are here it will really feel complete (though I hope it keeps going and going).
Old 10-20-2021, 07:14 PM   #2791
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

This just crossed my mind and i don't believe
i've seen anyone mentioned this before too
but i'll totally buy a Genghis Frog remake.

Crazy he hasn't been made after 6 waves.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:21 PM   #2792
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
This just crossed my mind and i don't believe
i've seen anyone mentioned this before too
but i'll totally buy a Genghis Frog remake.

Crazy he hasn't been made after 6 waves.
I'd look for him soon
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #2793
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I'd look for him soon
where do you get your intel? or are you just assuming
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:22 AM   #2794
Meow
Stone Warrior

Can anyone say why there are different versions of the super 7 ultimates turtles?

When you look here https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...imates+Raphael you'll find there are 2 Raphs. Both wave 1 but one already released and sold out, the other one not yet released but up for pre-order.

What is the difference between those 2 versions/variants?

Last edited by Meow; 12-28-2022 at 05:31 AM.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #2795
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Can any say why there are different versions of the super 7 ultimates turtles?

When you look here https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...imates+Raphael you'll find there are 2 Raphs. Both wave 1 but one already released and sold out, the other one not yet released but up for pre-order.

What is the difference between those 2 versions/variants?
IINM variant is the second batch that was made with a slightly different colored weapons rack. They made it different so people with the original wave1 raph won't cry about it i guess.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #2796
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
IINM variant is the second batch that was made with a slightly different colored weapons rack. They made it different so people with the original wave1 raph won't cry about it i guess.
Aha, interesting. I got a wave1 Raph on its way to me - how would I know if it is the non-variant or variant?
Old 10-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #2797
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Aha, interesting. I got a wave1 Raph on its way to me - how would I know if it is the non-variant or variant?
The unpainted weapon rack of the variant has a darker color than both of the ones that came with the wave 1 Raph and the original basic Raphael from Playmates.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:56 PM   #2798
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
where do you get your intel? or are you just assuming
I believe it’s just an assumption since Genghis was in the 89 line.

Honestly, it’s a very reasonable guess. Even though NECA just did the frogs anything S7 shows now is at least a year from release. Speaking personally, with NECA’s frogs still on the shelves, I’d be more inclined to put him in wave 8 than wave 7 if I was S7, or shake things up and go with Napoleon first as he had a unique look for his figure. Scratch showed they’re definitely willing to jump to later figures to get some of those unique vintage characters out.

Speaking of wave 7, I really hope they finally get to the first “not done in vintage style” figure in the next wave.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:07 PM   #2799
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I believe it’s just an assumption since Genghis was in the 89 line.

Honestly, it’s a very reasonable guess. Even though NECA just did the frogs anything S7 shows now is at least a year from release. Speaking personally, with NECA’s frogs still on the shelves, I’d be more inclined to put him in wave 8 than wave 7 if I was S7, or shake things up and go with Napoleon first as he had a unique look for his figure.
Or really shake things up and introduce Rasputin or Attila first with unique designs that draw from different toad and frog species (or consultation with Varner to see if they have something in their database).
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #2800
Dask
Mad Scientist

I've been going on an unboxing spree with Thundercats (the last wave of TC is perfect!) and NECA and Super7 TMNT. I was just wondering why the S7 TMNT figures don't have holes in their feet and whether that's the case with all of them (I preordered a ton but only have GIT Baxter, April, Rocksteady and Metalhead)?
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote