The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2022, 10:13 AM   #201
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
No, it's not. I suggested two other options.

Social media IS the only avenue to hear yourself though. Maybe that's the point.
Firstly, we all deserve some public communication faster than we would get from the methods you suggest. About order status for US buyers, etc.

Secondly, do you not realize where letters to those departments go? The circular bin AKA trash.

Thirdly -- that's not how the world works today. Communication is now live, on social media. Every company has to adjust and deal with that. It's not my fault if NECA creates a NECA twitter and has Randy Falk manage it when they would rather have someone else manage it. Obviously they wouldn't, or they would.

Randy is one of the people there that has major influence, can take it all with grace, and can actually influence what happens.

I don't know what your motivation is here for trying to tell us all to stop interacting with NECA on Twitter, but guess what? That's not what they want us to do either, or they'd stop having a Twitter account. You put your company online and you take what that means, good & bad.

But I am not suggesting we act like jerks to them. We do deserve to know more information, though, and they do need to know we weren't happy. Randy needs to know.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:36 AM   #202
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Firstly, we all deserve some public communication faster than we would get from the methods you suggest. About order status for US buyers, etc.
Sure. Still... that isn't Randy's job. So why take it to Twitter? Isn't any justification beyond that simply Twitter mob mentality?

Email customerservice@costumes.com if you're concerned about your order. You could even let them know all those other things that you were otherwise planning to lay at Randy's feet. Or you know, tweet at Haulathon, or Costumes.com, they have a Twitter accounts too.

My motivation isn't to stop anyone interacing with NECA/Randy on Twitter (not sure where you got that), but to encourage you to reconsider the postion that Randy Falk should be publicly held accountable for the difficulties encountered today.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:00 AM   #203
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:

But I am not suggesting we act like jerks to them. We do deserve to know more information, though, and they do need to know we weren't happy. Randy needs to know.
No, he doesn't need to know. That is not his job. As far as I can tell, Randy tends to the NECA Twitter account, of his own volition to communicate about product development, not website interfaces. Your concerns would be more appropriately received by any of the multiple alternatives I have suggested. I've even taken the leg-work out for one of them for you.

I'm glad you aren't advocating being a jerk to whomever it is you ultimately direct your complaints to. You know, those people who owe you an explanation. Just know that Randy (NECA on Twitter) isn't one of them.

Or, choose the quick and easy, and self-validating, path. You do you. I don't think anything I am saying is registering anyway.
Old 03-18-2022, 01:13 PM   #204
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Again...

There's an account called @NECA_TOYS on Twitter.
This account represents NECA to the world, on Twitter.

It is not our concern who is running the account.

This account has, in the past, given us updates on status, contract agreements, etc, to explain why things have happened the way they have, to promise us that things will get better, to give us a heads up on avenues we may procure things, or even just to say "we hear you, we'll work on it", etc. They've often done so in direct reply to people asking them about it.

In fact, their Twitter profile says at the top:
"We also answer a lot of questions"

That is what is not registering with you.

If you think customerservice@costumes.com is going to be helpful with big picture questions, you have apparently never written an e-mail to such an address before.

There is also twitter account @haulathon we can look to for answers.

And, if you still don't believe that NECA is 100% behind all this, look at the @haulathon Twitter profile:

Quote:
Haulathon
@haulathon
NECA’s global collector event feat. exclusive figures & collectibles from Kidrobot, Chia Pet & more!
USA: In store & online @Target
International: http://Haulathon.com

Last edited by DonnieLaForge; 03-18-2022 at 01:20 PM.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 02:32 PM   #205
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:

There is also twitter account @haulathon we can look to for answers.
There you go. How'd you get on?
Old 03-18-2022, 07:01 PM   #206
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm in the USA and was able to place an order for T&R, turtles four pack (I don't have the style guide colors so I went for it), and Fugitoid, with a 10% off coupon... it might get cancelled but at least I tried

Sorry for international people who couldn't get one in due to them having the site misconfigured
Where do you even get coupons from?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #207
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
it no longer works on the haulathon items, they disabled it. but a 10% coupon and a 15% coupon (which I didn't know about until I had already placed an order using the 10% coupon) were active. Just like the US shipping fiasco, coupons were working that it sounds like they didn't want active. So, today was a big goof for them on multiple fronts.

I am in some toy discussion groups and got it there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #208
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
https://www.promocodes.com/costumes-com-coupons
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #209
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Okay, so, apparently the back of the Fugitoid's box teases the next figures in the original comics line, including an Utrom/TCRI Alien, Casey Jones, and Renet. Renet has that weird red coloring from the IDW reprint of Mirage TMNT#8, just like the figure has, rather than the blue she more famously has in all other colorizations, but that's not news we didn't already know. However, this might be a hint that Casey Jones might not have his more famous (for Mirage) red shirt, but instead will have his shirt colored white, like the IDW reprints. At least it looks like it might be that way based off of this teaser.

I guess I'm thankful Shredder and the Foot came out when they did, to get a more accurate/iconic color scheme for them. I'm not all that happy about the direction they're going for with Renet and possibly Casey, as far as color goes (Renet's sculpt does still look stellar, at least).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6386-0963.jpg (21.2 KB, 28 views)
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #210
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Okay, so, apparently the back of the Fugitoid's box teases the next figures in the original comics line, including an Utrom/TCRI Alien, Casey Jones, and Renet. Renet has that weird red coloring from the IDW reprint of Mirage TMNT#8, just like the figure has, rather than the blue she more famously has in all other colorizations, but that's not news we didn't already know. However, this might be a hint that Casey Jones might not have his more famous (for Mirage) red shirt, but instead will have his shirt colored white, like the IDW reprints. At least it looks like it might be that way based off of this teaser.

I guess I'm thankful Shredder and the Foot came out when they did, to get a more accurate/iconic color scheme for them. I'm not all that happy about the direction they're going for with Renet and possibly Casey, as far as color goes (Renet's sculpt does still look stellar, at least).
Embracing IDW Color Classics as canon is so weird when they pay so much attention to details in the name of authenticity for other lines.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:20 PM   #211
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Embracing IDW Color Classics as canon is so weird when they pay so much attention to details in the name of authenticity for other lines.
Not so weird when you think about it like this. The recolors are easy repaints for them to do via retail or lootcrate.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:26 PM   #212
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
Yeah, I was afraid this might be the direction they took going forward. It could be a condition of the licensing.

It would take the shine off the line for me, for sure (and exclusive versions of the "original colours" would be real salt in the wounds). I'm in definite agreement regarding the Foot set.

I'd love to hear Fwoosh Nic or Pixel Dan ask Trevor about this next chance they have for an interview. They'd both do a good job asking, without it coming off as whinging.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:40 PM   #213
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, it's such a bizarre decision. It's hard to imagine that Viacom/Nick feel a need to promote a specific coloring scheme but what other explanation is there? I'd love to hear the reasoning. Not a dealbreaker for me, but pretty lame.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 07:49 PM   #214
Otter
Stone Warrior

I'd be interested to know if the majority of the market is older fans who read the old First Comics coloured collections in the 90s, or new fans reading the IDW coloured collections.

Renet is a real sticking point, since she appeared on covers in blue, but I don't recall any Mirage covers to specifically identify Casey's shirt colour, so the argument could be made that since they're black and white books, it doesn't matter what colour his shirt is.

But I'd REALLY prefer it to be red.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:59 PM   #215
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'd be interested to know if the majority of the market is older fans who read the old First Comics coloured collections in the 90s, or new fans reading the IDW coloured collections.

Renet is a real sticking point, since she appeared on covers in blue, but I don't recall any Mirage covers to specifically identify Casey's shirt colour, so the argument could be made that since they're black and white books, it doesn't matter what colour his shirt is.

But I'd REALLY prefer it to be red.
I think what makes it all the weirder with Renet in particular is that even the IDW Color Classics weren't consistent with the red instead of blue coloring. There's apparently another issue where IDW colored her purple.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:02 PM   #216
Otter
Stone Warrior

To be honest, I like that more than the red and brown. At least it's got SOME blue. And she kinda reminds me of Skeletor in the blue and purple.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:15 PM   #217
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
To be honest, I like that more than the red and brown. At least it's got SOME blue. And she kinda reminds me of Skeletor in the blue and purple.
I'm just sayin', it's proof that even IDW isn't sticking to the red color, so it doesn't make sense for NECA to treat it as "the canon color" or whatever. I probably would be okay if NECA had released the more iconic blue color first, and then did the IDW reprint red as an alt/variation. The way things currently stand, I'm unsure if NECA will even make the original color as a variant, and I'm getting the red one because the NECA TMNT line often gets me with FOMO (especially thanks to scalpers and scarcity with the cartoon and movie lines). Part of me wants to skip out on the red one, but if I don't get it and they never make a blue one, then I don't get a Mirage Renet at all.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:22 PM   #218
Otter
Stone Warrior

No, you are dead right. And I feel PECISELY the same way. I went to cancel my Renet pre-order the other day, but didn't go through with it because I'd rather have (what in my eyes amounts to) an inaccurate Renet, than no Renet at all.

I know we talk about NECA's inevitable repaints, but now I'm worried any repaint will be blue and purple.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #219
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I think part of my worry also stems from the fact that these are figures based off the original comics, which is a LOT more niche than the 80s cartoon or the 90s movies. So, it makes me scared that they won't go as all-in on this line as they would those.

But, ya, I'm in that same boat. I've been wanting a Mirage Renet for such a long time, and now I'm basically just settling for an inaccurate Renet (the original cover still had her blue even if the contents were black and white) than no Renet at all.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:54 AM   #220
Otter
Stone Warrior

And that's why I'm glad they're leading off with Fugitoids and Utroms and apprentice Timestresses instead of the brothers themselves (which everyone else would seem to prefer).

Last edited by Otter; 03-22-2022 at 05:25 AM.