The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2022, 11:53 AM   #5981
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Kinda frustrated with this one. So close to a perfect set.
It's missing Oroku Saki.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:55 AM   #5982
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Is is just me, or are all the human characters getting shorter in this line? Rocksteady looks way small here.
They probably want to reuse that Burne buck.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:44 PM   #5983
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
It's missing Oroku Saki.
I think the theme here is characters that were once human and then became mutants, so Saki wouldn't really fit into that.

I don't recall him ever getting technically mutated in the FW toon although Baxter did turn him into a tiny Shredder-Fly in "Bye, Bye, Fly." And we actually got that as an accessory in the Splinter/Baxter 2-pack.

I get wanting an unmasked Saki though. We might see that happen in a Saki family 3-pack. Oroku, Kazuo and Miyoko. Seems like an obvious Neca move to make a special deep-cut pack like that. Probably as some limited online exclusive since it wouldn't sell big at Target.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #5984
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Damn it Neca.....here I thought I was done with your damn line.

A must have for sure
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #5985
Iacon 3D Labs
Random Punk

Some new items for NECA Turtle Fans

Hey guys thought we'd show a sneak peek of some things we have been working on for all the NECA figures in honor of Turtle Tuesday and World Turtle Day. Let us know what you think!

Iacon 3D Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:29 PM   #5986
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon 3D Labs View Post
pegs that actually fit april!? i might just order a set.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #5987
mikey0
Foot Elite

The Mousers multipack is currently shipping: https://mobile.twitter.com/FwooshVee...Cxsdu_xrgqAAAA
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:57 PM   #5988
mikey0
Foot Elite

The ‘Premonition of a Pre-Mutation’ set goes up for pre-order next Friday: https://mobile.twitter.com/BlainerTh...Cz-ZOdx7wqAAAA
Old 05-31-2022, 06:24 PM   #5989
mikey0
Foot Elite

Mousers in box: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...51900135231491

OOTB Mousers and accessories: https://mobile.twitter.com/NinjaTurt...91700414410753
Old 06-01-2022, 04:59 AM   #5990
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

I received my mouser pack ship notice yesterday; should get it by the end of the week.
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:09 AM   #5991
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Pre-mutation four pack goes up on thenecastore.com at noon (ET) tomorrow. I hope it lasts as long as the Channel Six pack... but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:59 AM   #5992
j3h
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
Pre-mutation four pack goes up on thenecastore.com at noon (ET) tomorrow. I hope it lasts as long as the Channel Six pack... but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
It already possibly has the disadvantage that part of the allocation is going to be sold at SDCC itself….but it’s also possible that the SDCC allocation is smaller than what was set aside for the channel 6 target release last year.
So far NECA has not said if Premutation will also end up in target, which could be both good or bad for the longevity of how long this lasts online…some shoppers will decide to wait to find it in target to get the red card discount/not pay shipping, but on the flip side it could also mean even less are available online if an allocation has to go to target as well as an allocation to SDCC itself.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:17 AM   #5993
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
So far NECA has not said if Premutation will also end up in target, which could be both good or bad for the longevity of how long this lasts online…some shoppers will decide to wait to find it in target to get the red card discount/not pay shipping, but on the flip side it could also mean even less are available online if an allocation has to go to target as well as an allocation to SDCC itself.
In the Instagram post, they actually did mention that these items won't be available in stores. Though, to me, these characters are so essential, I wouldn't be surprised to see them released as separate two-packs somewhere down the line.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #5994
mikey see
Mad Scientist

The FOMO is starting to build with this. $150 is actually $50 cheaper than I expected for this set given that it's 2022. But I agree, I have a hard time imagining these not finding their way into other releases down the road. Having said that... I don't know. The Toon reveals/news has dried up considerably this year and I really do think NECA is ready to move on to Mirage and Archie. The hype around the line has really cooled over the last year, either because of character selection or possibly because of improved distribution. Like, most of the Haulathon stuff is still available at my local store along with other older releases. If an amazing figure like the Pizza Monster isn't selling out then what chance do these pre-mutation guys really have at retail? I'm guessing very little.

Ugh. I might have just talked myself into going for it tomorrow. We'll see. I dropped a chunk of money at the Hasbro sale today already.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:14 PM   #5995
teemu
Stone Warrior

I don't see these being re-released at all in 2 packs considering how niche these type of characters are and that these are exclusive to SDCC and online sales. I wouldn't hold your breath on it. If you want em, buy them now
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #5996
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
The FOMO is starting to build with this. $150 is actually $50 cheaper than I expected for this set given that it's 2022. But I agree, I have a hard time imagining these not finding their way into other releases down the road. Having said that... I don't know. The Toon reveals/news has dried up considerably this year and I really do think NECA is ready to move on to Mirage and Archie. The hype around the line has really cooled over the last year, either because of character selection or possibly because of improved distribution. Like, most of the Haulathon stuff is still available at my local store along with other older releases. If an amazing figure like the Pizza Monster isn't selling out then what chance do these pre-mutation guys really have at retail? I'm guessing very little.

Ugh. I might have just talked myself into going for it tomorrow. We'll see. I dropped a chunk of money at the Hasbro sale today already.
Still a bunch more to do though...Dirk Savage, Tempestra, Rex-1, Bugman, Electro-zapper, Mona Lisa etc....I'd say by the end of 2023, the cartoon line starts to really cool down.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:01 AM   #5997
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Still a bunch more to do though...Dirk Savage, Tempestra, Rex-1, Bugman, Electro-zapper, Mona Lisa etc....I'd say by the end of 2023, the cartoon line starts to really cool down.
Yeah but see, I don't care about any of those aside from maybe Mona Lisa, and that's only because she got a vintage figure. I think the vast majority of TMNT collectors have gotten what they wanted out of this line already, and NECA knows it. I think the line needs some reboot/re-releases to give it a bit of a shot in the arm to get people to start paying attention. A new "ultimate" Shredder with more accessories and updated sculpt, a 2-pack Rocksteady with new accessories that comes with his pre-mutation look, etc. I don't think new increasingly-niche characters are what's going to keep this line going. Extremely recognizable main characters that offer more than what we've already got are what will bring people back.

IMO of course, and I personally would do my best to avoid any and all redos
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:27 AM   #5998
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Pre-orders apparently going live at 12pm ET:
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...46175386419200

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:19 AM   #5999
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Have the mousers been showing up at Target already?? I’ve seen some sold on line.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:27 AM   #6000
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Have the mousers been showing up at Target already?? I’ve seen some sold on line.
Weren't the Mousers meant to be an online-only affair?
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote