The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-22-2022, 12:13 PM   #201
AquaParade
Banned

Speaking of Red Letter Media, I love their channel, because they are so funny and generally entertaining, but I rarely agree with them. I hate to say it, but sometimes their opinions come across a bit "snobbish" to me and I get the impression that they sometimes worry about how they'll be perceived by their tastes.

Now, that's just the vibe I get, so consider this my ass talking.

At the same time, they aren't willing to swallow a lot of the same crap that other reviewers are, which makes their reviews refreshing.

Either way, I really like their channel.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:13 PM   #202
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

I thought the series was okay. The Obi-wan and Anakin parts were the best, didn't care about the Reva character one bit, just seemed kinda tacked in there, but she wasn't a bad character, just boring. I have absolutely zero interest in seeing a spin-off series with the character. I might watch a Kenobi season 2 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would Leia need to remind Obi-Wan that he helped her father in the Clone Wars when they had their own whole adventure much sooner ago than that?
Eh, I don't think there was anything in episode IV that indicated that Leia didn't meet Obi-wan and/or share an adventure with him as a child. Her spiel at Obi-Wan in R2-D2's recording ("General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the clone wars") was her trying to sound professional and diplomatic, even though she was trying to hide from the storm troopers on the Taintive IV. She didn't really learn anything in this series that needed to be mind wiped for episode IV to work.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:09 PM   #203
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Before Vader burried Obi-wan who else half expected him to say, "It's over Obi-wan I have the high ground!"

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:14 PM   #204
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Eh, I don't think there was anything in episode IV that indicated that Leia didn't meet Obi-wan and/or share an adventure with him as a child. Her spiel at Obi-Wan in R2-D2's recording ("General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the clone wars")
That still reads as really clunky now.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:03 PM   #205
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Hayden Christiansen reveals an alternate/extended cut of the sixth episode will be released in the 1st quarter of 2023.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:10 PM   #206
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That still reads as really clunky now.
True, what she said was kind of clunky, but George Lucas's dialogue has always been kind of weird.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:31 PM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I always thought that Luke met Ben before events of ANH.
He does. I just rewatched A New Hope right after the last ep aired to see how it lines up. Luke says after seeing Leia's recording, "I wonder if she means Old Ben Kenobi" and then when Obi-wan shows up and rescues Luke from the Tusken Raiders later, Luke immediately recognizes him and says, "Ben Kenobi."

Another interesting thing is as I said before, when Luke tells Leia, "I'm here to rescue you I've come with Ben Kenobi!" we see Leia immediately jump up and say, "Ben Kenobi? Where is he?"

I also notice during Obi-wans death scene Leia only sees Obi-wan from afar as she's about to board the Millenium Falcon while Luke of course was right next to them firing after Obi-wan disappears. She also counsels him on the ship briefly when Luke says, "I can't believe he's gone," and "I wish Ben were here."

It's all vague enough to show both Luke and Leia knew him.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:07 PM   #208
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess I can buy it again. It'll make a rewatching of the OT interesting.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:22 PM   #209
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was paying attention to Obi-wans facial expressions when watching the Leia recording from R2. His actor really had a shock and surprised look on his face, which actually fits now knowing what Obi-wan went through before. Originally it looked like Obi-wan was just confused who this Leia person was and who R2 belonged to, now it feels like, "Oh it's the same girl and Anakin's daughter I saved 10 years ago! She's in trouble again?"
Old 06-23-2022, 01:42 AM   #210
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Can't believe some people would actually defend this show, honestly, does anyone think this was good?

People need to stop watching, so they are forced to make GOOD shows.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:07 AM   #211
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Can't believe some people would actually defend this show, honestly, does anyone think this was good?

But how you can tell a show is bad if you don't watch it?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:37 AM   #212
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Reading up on spoilers, plot synopsis, other people's opinions, reviews, etc. Sometimes you can tell by watching trailers or Youtube clips too.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #213
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I only care about what is now being called The Skywalker Saga so this is the first non-film that interests me. As a fan of such I very much enjoyed it. I would like to see more if it is possible to expand upon beyond an extended cut of a particular episode of the mini-series.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:47 PM   #214
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Story might be unnecessary and create plot holes (like the prequels did) but I ****ing love this because the story feels like an Expanded Universe Novel or comic that any normies fan would ignore but with the actual actors, it's amazing.
I was a kid when Episode I came out so of course I wanted ghost QuiGon in EP 2 and 3 and was sad he never appeared again and seemed forgotten by Lucasfilm mostly because of the backlash Ep1 got. So to finally have Liam Neeson back is exactly what I wanted in Ep2/3.
I hope as hell season 2 brings back Maul to fight Obi Wan, i don't care that it was already done in Rebels, that's only a cartoon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:07 PM   #215
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post

Some eps were good, some were padding, and Reva's character was kind of unnecessary. But I liked many of the scenes with Obi-wan and young Leia. The rest of the show is basically Rogue One again as a series with Obi-wan helping some Rebels escape the empire.

Also I'm watching Better Call Saul and waiting for the rest of the season, so watching "good" shows doesn't stop anything else from being made.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #216
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Who was the India guy who Obi-Wan gave his light saber to? He acts as if he is established but he is not a primary character in any Episode film.

It's hard to read, but is there romantic tragedy between Obi-Wan and Tala?
Old 06-23-2022, 07:37 PM   #217
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Who was the India guy who Obi-Wan gave his light saber to? He acts as if he is established but he is not a primary character in any Episode film.

this is who he plays
Quote:
Haja, a street-level con-man who assists Obi-Wan in his travels
Old 06-23-2022, 08:06 PM   #218
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
There are so many metrics and reports out there to help someone make a "buying decision" that only unreasonable people or extreme virtue signalers could fail to draw, or pretend not to draw some conclusions based on the available material.

I mean... c'mon seriously, man? It's the same heuristics you use all the time but never question when you see a trailer for a movie and say "I'll pass on that one".

Somewhere along the way parents taught their kids "you should read it before you judge it" and they did it as a method to get kids to absorb their homework. But too many kids never woke up and realized that it was a manipulation tactic and that we judge things on heuristics everyday. The amount of people on the internet who signal their virtue by relying on "you have to see it to judge it" fascinates me. They aren't revealing their deeply introspective behavior - instead they just look like peasants. I'm not necessarily talking about you, Frank_One, but I am hammering the point home.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #219
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post

It's hard to read, but is there romantic tragedy between Obi-Wan and Tala?
No, they pretty much wasted her. Random Rebel sacrifice #3884.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:37 PM   #220
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even then, the show is only 6 episodes long, so even if you're unsure if you'd like it or not, 6 episodes at roughly 40 minutes or so length is nothing to get through. This isn't the days of 22+ episode seasons where sitting through a show took some time.

Overall though they could have condensed it to about 4 episodes as some of the middle episodes retreaded the same ground of Leia getting kidnapped.