The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-20-2022, 07:58 AM   #41
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Again, you guys here are always incredibly galvanizing in your analysis - I never said woke $#!( was gone, but it is diminishing. And it started with the routine financial rejection of woke projects. The only woke $#!( projects that have had any legs at all in pop culture are those that infiltrated huge event-items that host to the kinds of addicts who will pay no matter what. Compare that to the support for non-woke-$#!( pop culture. the Spider-Man: No Way Home box office, Top Gun Maverick. All of those things are relative to each other.

You guys have to learn to see the nuance and you've got to embrace the fact that at this level your real power is support through consumerism.
I said it's not DIMINISHING or gone, bro. It's not. It's all still there.

lol, I still find it hilarious that right wing fanboys still claim there was nothing woke in No Way Home, even though there's a lengthy and obnoxious scene of Electro whining to AndrewPeter that he wanted his Spidey to be black, and that "there's gotta be a black Spider-man out there...somewhere..." God, that is one of the most nauseating, and woke bullsh*t in a Spider-Man property. And please, don't come at me with a "BUT IT'S A SHOUT OUT TO MILES!!" Ah, yes, because the only defining trait Miles should have is his race, that's the only thing he could possibly ever bring to the table as a character... Jesus Christ on a Cracker.

And stop preaching to us that we need to 'stop supporting the woke'. Really, you actually sound like an annoying televangelist repeating the same sh*t over and over again to the 'heretics' you think Leo and I are. You don't know me, dude, so stop acting like you know what I do and don't spend my f*cking money on.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:16 AM   #42
AquaParade
Banned

I do feel like the Hollywood push for that sort of thing is at a crossroads right now and could very well be diminishing.

We are finally seeing the effect on the box office, from the looks of things.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #43
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I do feel like the Hollywood push for that sort of thing is at a crossroads right now and could very well be diminishing.

We are finally seeing the effect on the box office, from the looks of things.
Santa Inc, which was mentioned by OP in this thread, came out just a few months ago in 2021. Not even a year ago. Regardless of how involved Rogan (Rogen?) was on it, that thing was definitely what you guys define as 'woke'.

There's tons of woke stuff still coming out. There's movies and shows with terrible stereotyped characters that act as political mouth pieces out, and still coming soon. You and IMJ go to the TV and Movies section, and b*tch about them all the time on there. But...'Woke stuff's going away! We won, we won! Hollywood's getting better, guys!!! ' Da fuq?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:21 AM   #44
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Santa Inc, which was mentioned by OP in this thread, came out just a few months ago in 2021. Not even a year ago. Regardless of how involved Rogan (Rogen?) was on it, that thing was definitely what you guys define as 'woke'.

There's tons of woke stuff still coming out. There's movies and shows with terrible stereotyped characters that act as political mouth pieces out, and still coming soon. You and IMJ go to the TV and Movies section, and b*tch about them all the time on there. But...'Woke stuff's going away! We won, we won! Hollywood's getting better, guys!!! ' Da fuq?
What? No I don't. You're assuming or basing that off a very small sample of examples. I'm about 50/50 in agreement on what gets labeled "woke" around here.

And why are you referencing a film that came out over 7 months ago (not a few - can anyone make a point around here without hyperbole/exaggeration? Sheesh), when we are talking about now?

These things aren't made in a month. It's a gradual change and there are signs we could be shifting direction.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:41 AM   #45
IMJ
Emperor

I take a galvanized position on it as a reminder, as a form of consumer advocacy - that the pushback is warranted after what we saw unfold over the last several years.

There are people who should know that your power is in how you spend. You don't need to see a TMNT flick, and doubly as much if it carries an agenda that you feel isn't right in some form or another. And we can be galvanizing about that message because "spent money" is the final determination. Even after-the-fact backlash is useless in it's own way because they already took your money and advanced their position of social-witch-hunting.

And from that position of consumer advocacy I will continue to point it out where I see it. These puritan-@$$holes damaged livelihoods by "cancellation", "witch-hunting", and then went out into the streets (over NOTHING that they experienced in life and towards an invisible enemy). They revealed their true colors running their mouths, they hit people from behind in the streets, destroyed property and infiltrated private property on routine occasions as if it was all okay. The pushback against that entire movement is warranted. It's that simple, whether I sound like a broken record or not. Don't pay for woke $#!(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
Again, you need to learn to be more flexible in your analysis. There was no pronouncement that "we won" or that "it's over!". That's your own strangely confrontational observation about what is being said here. All you've accomplished is making yourself sound lacking in comprehension - viewing the conversation and probably the word in these rigid "on/off" modalities when in fact these social-manias all rise and fall on a form of a gaussian curve. The woke format is diminishing. I'm getting the impression that you would've been around for "the Summer of the shark" and insisted on a life-long basis that sharks really were attacking people with a shark-agenda from that point forward without ever understanding the true nuance of that event.

I see this from this homogenized group of posters often - strong, strong opinions that lack desperately in full-scope information, or woefully inadequate in comprehension of nuance, Making the kind of "big stands against a strong position" that you see from the nerds, the weak or those otherwise easily challenged in group dynamics. You should work on that! It's the same for others here who take-up a position of "higher observation" when they say "you see woke in everything!", when in fact I see "woke" when something is agenda-laden with woke $#!( or when the reward system would produce a result for a loud mouth woke Hollywood celebrity. It's very simple.

Last edited by IMJ; 07-30-2022 at 09:01 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:46 AM   #46
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

What a ****ing **** show of a thread. No wonder I and others avoid this forum, it's full of racist bigots. Jesus Christ. I thought to myself "I wonder what the old Technodrome forum thinks about this new logo etc" then come here and see people discussing politics? Not only that but racist and bigoted comments as well? Yikes. Y'all are ****in' wild.

Seth is fine. Movie will be fine. Stop injecting politics into every single ****ing thing.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #47
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
What a ****ing **** show of a thread. No wonder I and others avoid this forum, it's full of racist bigots. Jesus Christ. I thought to myself "I wonder what the old Technodrome forum thinks about this new logo etc" then come here and see people discussing politics? Not only that but racist and bigoted comments as well? Yikes. Y'all are ****in' wild.
What?

Seriously, the f*ck are you on about?

And if you ever expected the predominant opinion among 'Drome posters of this thing to be anything but "It's garbage, get it away", you clearly know nothing at all about the people who post here.

Methinks the FB Groups full of functionally-illiterate 10-year olds are more your speed, sir. Have fun there and enjoy the rest of your day.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:59 AM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
What a ****ing **** show of a thread. No wonder I and others avoid this forum, it's full of racist bigots.
Oh, one of you people. And you people never disappoint in all talking in exactly the same catty way saying the exact same things in lockstep with your actually fascist cult.

Quote:
Stop injecting politics into every single ****ing thing.
I've always been willing to if TPTB are willing to. Sadly, they're not.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:01 PM   #49
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Seriously, the f*ck are you on about?
Your racist comments regarding Sandman are what I'm on about.

Quote:
And if you ever expected the predominant opinion among 'Drome posters of this thing to be anything but "It's garbage, get it away", you clearly know nothing at all about the people who post here.
I expected "It's garbage, get it away" but more for the reasons some other posters said, ie: teen turtles, art style etc. I didn't expect racism, bigotry, etc. Frankly it's a little disappointing.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:03 PM   #50
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, one of you people. And you people never disappoint in all talking in exactly the same catty way saying the exact same things in lockstep with your actually fascist cult.

I've always been willing to if TPTB are willing to. Sadly, they're not.
lol. Sorry if I came across catty because I don't want to see racism when I'm looking for opinions about the ****ing teenage mutant ninja turtles???

You're making an awful lot of assumptions about me because I said there were racist bigots posting here. I wonder why? And what exactly did you mean by "one of you people" ???
Old 08-05-2022, 12:19 PM   #51
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Seth is fine. Movie will be fine. Stop injecting politics into every single ****ing thing.
If this forum is so awful, then why are you still here?

And you tell us, “Stop injecting politics into everything!” as though we’re the only ones doing it and it’s entirely our fault that everything is political nowadays. Dude, you can’t even buy an ice cream carton without being reminded of social injustice, and where were you when the infamous anti-male toxicity Gillette commercial aired in 2019?

And you want to complain about people being political but you’ll come to Seth’s defense? What a laugh.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...t-of-his-kids/

Just a few days ago, I complained about genderswapping traditionally male characters and making them female since it was a lazy attempt at diversity, and though I’m a woman, I reject it instead of go for it like a rabbit going for a carrot. And then I get called a right-winger. Apparently if you’re anything but woke, you’re a despicable human being.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Your racist comments regarding Sandman are what I'm on about.
Those comments aren't racist, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
He's generally not, if you look at the post history.

He's here to briefly scold us for being terrible, so he can then go on Twitter and brag about how he heroically scolded us, thus earning some more Woke Points from the pink-hairs. "I'm a crusader!" Happens all the time.

Most likely someone from Campbell's Twitter. I'm apparently SUPER popular over there.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:28 PM   #53
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
lol, I'm not STILL HERE, I come here every now and then to see the general opinions of the folks here about various TMNT news. Before today I've posted like 5 times in the last 3 years. I've NEVER seen this kind of nonsense here until I saw this thread today.

Quote:
And you want to complain about people being political but you’ll come to Seth’s defense?
If saying "Seth is fine" is white knighting to his defense, then yea I guess I did. I didn't really take it that way. I was more criticizing the silliness of boycotting his products because you don't like his politics.

To humor you, I checked out the link you posted. Sounds like Seth didn't betray his morals. Isn't that what you did with Spider-Man? Isn't that something to be proud of?

Also, **** Paul Ryan, obviously. He's a sexist racist bigot.

Quote:
And then I get called a right-winger.
I called out racism here and got told I'm in a fascist cult. Seems the door swings both ways.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:30 PM   #54
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Those comments aren't racist, son.
You don't get to decide what is racist. The people being marginalized and oppressed do. But go ahead and double down if that's what you want to do.

Quote:
He's here to briefly scold us for being terrible, so he can then go on Twitter and brag about how he heroically scolded us, thus earning some more Woke Points from the pink-hairs. "I'm a crusader!" Happens all the time.
Wrong again. I don't even have Twitter. But keep making assumptions about me. You know nothing.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #55
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You don't get to decide what is racist. The people being marginalized and oppressed do.
You mean like RuinedLeon, Gothix, Clifton Duncan, Anthony Brian Logan, and Eric July? Their voices matter, right?

And I still remember that white girl in the gorilla mask throwing eggs at Larry Elder. That was racist, right?
Old 08-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
You don't get to decide what is racist.
Oh, Jesus.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd offer you all some "Glazed Lemon Pound Cake" ice cream to cool your cranky asses, but... ew, gross.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #58
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
You don't get to decide what is racist. The people being marginalized and oppressed do. But go ahead and double down if that's what you want to do.
Nothing racist about pointing out the irony of getting a black person to portray a literal chalk-white individual. Same thing with what they did with Domino, except Death is far more iconic of a character.

Still falls under the logic of if a character is portraying from a pre-existing franchise, I should be able to tell who the person is or is supposed to be just by looking at them. If I need someone to tell me 'oh that's Valkyrie' to know that's supposed to be Marvel Comics' Valkyrie, you're already doing it wrong.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #59
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Still falls under the logic of if a character is portraying from a pre-existing franchise, I should be able to tell who the person is or is supposed to be just by looking at them. If I need someone to tell me 'oh that's Valkyrie' to know that's supposed to be Marvel Comics' Valkyrie, you're already doing it wrong.
People who claim that race is no longer a big deal and that they are colour blind do tend to care a lot when when a Caucasian character is changed to another race. If you don't see colour then surely you have little problem telling who that character is supposed to be. Strangely they rarely get as upset about non-white characters being made white.

Also the MCU Valkyrie is an original character, it's not supposed to be Brunhilde.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 04:37 PM   #60
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
lol, I'm not STILL HERE, I come here every now and then to see the general opinions of the folks here about various TMNT news. Before today I've posted like 5 times in the last 3 years. I've NEVER seen this kind of nonsense here until I saw this thread today.
I'm worried that you are walking around society operating without knowing what racism really is. The peasant uprising is in full swing. "Racism" has become a word to describe being uncertain about information or making anybody feel "uncomfortable". There isn't any actual racism in this thread. There are wider points about consumer choice and two proposed opinions as to why you might choose to ignore Rogen's TMNT flick.

I wish I knew more about you so I could give you some direct input into your mental faculties and information processing, but it's about as dumb as someone saying to me "don't tell me about consumer choice - you don't know anything about me, bro!". The parts of the sentence do not align. Much like you saying that this thread is littered with vile racism.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote