The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2022, 10:55 AM   #1961
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

That's me that Randy replied to!

Thank goodness because I've been trying to go to all my local WalMarts on my free time just to see if MAYBE Brickseek was wrong ... can't wait to get this.

More than likely, I'm sure they'll announce Movie 3 TMNT early next year like they did for SOTO this year.

If they end up putting the TMNT 1991 2-packs online as well soon, I may end up grabbing those. Kinda doubtful as I can imagine after the SOTO box set hits, THEN we'll see them in retail early/mid 2023.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #1962
AquaParade
Banned

"Walker...!"
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:09 PM   #1963
Powder
So tired of this place

I'll be 100% in for some samurai armor movie 3 turtles. The Playmates figures hold up REALLY well, but I want some realistic ones too!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:21 PM   #1964
Turo602
The King of Kings

I'm telling myself I'll just stop at the Samurai Turtles, but considering how much I've been suckered already and knowing Neca, they'll probably release vanilla Turtles from part 3 before the Samurai ones and I probably wouldn't be able to resist those either.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:52 PM   #1965
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yep, Randy drops more hints that we'll see the TMNT III as a 4 pack VHS in 2023.

However, something that I just thought of ... NECA likes to make the 4-pack box set look as accurate to the VHS box as possible and they only had the samurai helmets on.

I mean, they certainly could just do a repeat of SOTO and just do a head scult swap with slight updates to the texture of the figure to make them more rubbery ...

... but I would like to think they'd go all out for TMNT 3 in full guard garb.

Gosh, what a silly movie this was lol
Old 07-19-2022, 11:53 AM   #1966
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
That's me that Randy replied to!

Thank goodness because I've been trying to go to all my local WalMarts on my free time just to see if MAYBE Brickseek was wrong ... can't wait to get this.

More than likely, I'm sure they'll announce Movie 3 TMNT early next year like they did for SOTO this year.

If they end up putting the TMNT 1991 2-packs online as well soon, I may end up grabbing those. Kinda doubtful as I can imagine after the SOTO box set hits, THEN we'll see them in retail early/mid 2023.
thanks for asking him this, gives me relief that I'll be able to nab him w/out driving all over and fighting scalpers for them
Old 07-20-2022, 06:34 PM   #1967
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
thanks for asking him this, gives me relief that I'll be able to nab him w/out driving all over and fighting scalpers for them
You bet! I'm excited they're actually having him up on the store and then if the casuals want to snag him up too, he's available!

Wondering when we'll hear news on Movie 3 TMNT soon too. I feel like Pixel Dan will definitely chat it up come their segment this week.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #1968
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

TMNT SOTO 2-Packs revealed at SDCC.
Old 07-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #1969
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

yeah for someone that isn't into the cartoon stuff I'm hoping they are going to reveal or talk more about the movie line in some regard
Old 07-22-2022, 02:08 PM   #1970
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

That has been the one thing that’s bummed me about this week is that they didn’t really mention anything movie wise outside of Twitter before SDCC and even all the YouTube videos up kind of move right past talking about them.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #1971
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That has been the one thing that’s bummed me about this week is that they didn’t really mention anything movie wise outside of Twitter before SDCC and even all the YouTube videos up kind of move right past talking about them.
I would imagine the next big reveal would be keno, but I thought they would've showed him here, unless I missed something up until now that said otherwise
Old 07-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #1972
fitzcarraldo
Mouser

Quote:
I would imagine the next big reveal would be keno, but I thought they would've showed him here, unless I missed something up until now that said otherwise
I saw Randy from Neca say there would be more at NYCC, maybe Keno then.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #1973
AquaParade
Banned

I’m blown away that a line like this can even exist. Just the fact that they are making sculpts for both the first and second movie, with their subtle differences, at this level of quality, and this high a price point.

I guess the action figure market is pretty big? Or just well supported.

Then all the side characters they can make from the old cartoon. Characters I don’t even know the name of. It’s crazy to me.

And now we finally get the comic line in full force. If this can thrive at half the level of the toon line, or even movie line, it’s gonna be wild. I hardly dare to dream of the Mirage figures we could see if they expand.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #1974
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’m blown away that a line like this can even exist. Just the fact that they are making sculpts for both the first and second movie, with their subtle differences, at this level of quality, and this high a price point.

I guess the action figure market is pretty big? Or just well supported.

Then all the side characters they can make from the old cartoon. Characters I don’t even know the name of. It’s crazy to me.

And now we finally get the comic line in full force. If this can thrive at half the level of the toon line, or even movie line, it’s gonna be wild. I hardly dare to dream of the Mirage figures we could see if they expand.
I just hope they can make quarter scale Tokka and Rahzer (w/real fuzz), although they would have to price it around $150 to 300 considering their bulk. Quarter scale "real fuzz" Splinter would be cool too [as well as quarter scale Krang's Android body and Irma for the toon line]. A 1:1 scale of SOTO Shredder's helmet would be nice.

Not sure how many heavy-hitters/main characters are still missing from the toon line (aside from the red sky figures) other than Tempestra, April O' Neil v. 2 and Oroku Saki.

Considering the scope of the line, I really hope NECA gets the full license for BTAS line. They would literally make the entire cast. Mcfarlane would be another great (perhaps, logical choice given his oversight over DC Collectibles) candidate, although his first attempt at BTAS figures produced chimerics. Nevertheless, his comic book and movie figures are up a notch from last year in quality judging from the SDCC reveals. Super7 would be another good choice but they would never complete the entire cast and it would be overpriced. Mondo and Mafex are too expensive to consider as viable options.

It looks like NECA will be exploring the 2012 TMNT series next (I don't know why the 2K3 series keeps getting shafted).

Last edited by Dask; 07-23-2022 at 12:18 PM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 03:55 AM   #1975
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
It looks like NECA will be exploring the 2012 TMNT series next (I don't know why the 2K3 series keeps getting shafted).
What makes you say that? Did I miss something that was hinted at?
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:54 AM   #1976
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Yeah, I couldn't find anything that confirmed any movement into 2012 stuff.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #1977
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
What makes you say that? Did I miss something that was hinted at?
Quote:
Yeah, I couldn't find anything that confirmed any movement into 2012 stuff.

Yeah, it was strongly hinted at by Trevor Zammit in the following interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGLszK5vHA

16:12 timestamp

Regarding the 2K3 series nothing but crickets.

There's no confirmation but to dedicate so much input on what they could potentially do with the 2012 property seems to suggest that something is in the pipeline.
Old 07-24-2022, 12:15 PM   #1978
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Hoping that NECA puts SOTO Shredder on the NECA Store sooner than later, Randy even retweeting someone mentioning that.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking Keno and potentially the SOTO Turtles shown outside of the box come NYCC.

Here's hoping that they figure out something for Tatsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Yeah, it was strongly hinted at by Trevor Zammit in the following interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGLszK5vHA

16:12 timestamp

Regarding the 2K3 series nothing but crickets.

There's no confirmation but to dedicate so much input on what they could potentially do with the 2012 property seems to suggest that something is in the pipeline.
Unless I'm mistaken, all I caught from that clip was just them them talking up the show.
Old 07-24-2022, 01:46 PM   #1979
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Unless I'm mistaken, all I caught from that clip was just them them talking up the show.
Exactly, that's what I meant about NECA expressing/exploring/indicating interest. Clearly, Trevor Zammit is a fan of the 2012 designs. He's spoken on great lengths on 2012 while only in passing about 2K3. Also, 2012 show was exponentially more popular than 2K3 and is likely to be a huge commercial success (even though most companies cannot faithfully translate the angular designs into toy form, with the exception of Revoltech, and potentially NECA). In contrast, Super7 expressed some interest in exploring the 2K3 designs but given their overly drawn out waves (and super slow approach to bringing popular figures like Rat King, Traag and Napoleon to the forefront), I wouldn't hold my breath.

NECA has a track record of bringing to the market anything that they merely talk about. Originally the Neutrinos and v.2 April O' Neil were just "talking points". They are all but tangible and real now. I expect no less from their significant mention of the 2012 series.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #1980
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I don’t see a 2012 line selling well….at least not in the expansive part of it. I don’t they should waste their time with it.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote