The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-03-2023, 04:08 PM   #381
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Suddenly I’m not so scared of the Russian army anymore
Old 01-04-2023, 01:40 AM   #382
ChosenOne
Banned

Welp, now we know why Ukraine is winning.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:19 PM   #383
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-r...095900871.html

Russia takes a town in eastern Ukraine.
All that for a drop of blood.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:49 PM   #384
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russians-...153830647.html

Russians civilians are taking up arms against their soldiers making the way for more of a civil uprising. It makes me feel more and more like unless China emboldens Putin dies at the end of this Putin manufactured conflict.
For sure, especially if he officially declares war and announces a mobilization in his upcoming speech. And China will never embolden him, this conflict is bad for their business.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:59 PM   #385
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
For sure, especially if he officially declares war and announces a mobilization in his upcoming speech. And China will never embolden him, this conflict is bad for their business.
With the continued pressure on Taiwan acting like it's apart of it as Putin sees Ukraine as apart of Russia when it's not. Coupled with the series of spy balloons it's luke muscle flexing.
Old 02-12-2023, 04:52 PM   #386
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
With the continued pressure on Taiwan acting like it's apart of it as Putin sees Ukraine as apart of Russia when it's not. Coupled with the series of spy balloons it's luke muscle flexing.
Blood in the water, sharks will come... This never happened to the other guy.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:03 PM   #387
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

The people have spoken. No more wars, no more US taxpayer money going to Ukraine.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...clusive-video/

Imagine that, the left and right finally agreeing on something.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:50 PM   #388
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
The people have spoken. No more wars, no more US taxpayer money going to Ukraine.
Have they told Putin?
Old 02-24-2023, 05:04 PM   #389
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

It takes a common enemy to unite the peasants. It always has. Point your peasants against each other when you need destabilization and then point them at an outside enemy when you need focus and unity. There are always lots of peasants across any given nation. It's just the stratification of development across all societies - it's just true.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 05:41 PM   #390
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It takes a common enemy to unite the peasants. It always has. Point your peasants against each other when you need destabilization and then point them at an outside enemy when you need focus and unity. There are always lots of peasants across any given nation. It's just the stratification of development across all societies - it's just true.
Who started the war?
Old 02-24-2023, 06:33 PM   #391
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Who started the war?
It depends on the conflict I suppose.

Conspiracies exist but not by virtue of a group of evil people in hoods around a table with an octopus on it in an old structure somewhere. Instead, conspiracies exist according to any coming together of an agenda and therefore things are put into motion through a variety of motivations some of which intersect.

And so it depends on the conflict. But the common ground in any social-stratification is where, how and when you aim your peasant-cross-section of the population.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:03 PM   #392
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It depends on the conflict I suppose.

Conspiracies exist but not by virtue of a group of evil people in hoods around a table with an octopus on it in an old structure somewhere. Instead, conspiracies exist according to any coming together of an agenda and therefore things are put into motion through a variety of motivations some of which intersect.

And so it depends on the conflict. But the common ground in any social-stratification is where, how and when you aim your peasant-cross-section of the population.
Who started the ongoing war in Ukraine?
Old 02-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #393
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Who started the ongoing war in Ukraine?
Well I guess historically it could be argued that the 18th Century Russian empire did and that mentality that "Ukraine is Russia" has been gripped tightly by Putin's puritan belief systems whereby in turn he began this renewed conflict.

But my understanding is that for centuries Ukraine has had a culture and population who wanted to stand as their own nation; and for centuries various Russian leaders have believed that was a mistake and the Ukrainian people are Russian people.

And although that is the historical narrative, I wouldn't assign any such belief system to Putin - he has only weaponized that belief - I don't think he believes it or cares.

But again, my understanding of Ukranian history only goes that deep and isn't overly sophisticated. But in short - before Putin, "Mother Russia" had been a centuries long aggressor. And now Putin began a war there, this time most likely as a "legacy maneuver" for himself more than any other motive.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:33 PM   #394
ChosenOne
Banned

So Putin, then?

(I'm trying to be rhetorical here. And it could be - quite easily and successfully - argued that historically speaking it's the other way around, Russia is Ukraine.)
Old 02-24-2023, 07:47 PM   #395
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
So Putin, then?

(I'm trying to be rhetorical here. And it could be - quite easily and successfully - argued that historically speaking it's the other way around, Russia is Ukraine.)
From my understanding of the history, yes it could be viewed that Russia is Ukraine. But what we do here is we look at the aggressor. And so, let's say that Russia IS Ukraine. It doesn't matter because Ukraine isn't trying to take anything away from the Russian people.

As a point here - why are you asking rhetorically? If you are genuinely asking then I think there is a breaking point where you go do your own historical research. But if you are trying to make a point of some kind, just get to the point because I'm only going to carry the "educating a Technodrome guy" thing so far unless I know why I'm doing it.

I mean - I'm a middle-America guy with Irish heritage. I have no stake in this thing other than the blanket "humanity stake" that it's ridiculous and we shouldn't be doing it.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:11 PM   #396
ChosenOne
Banned

Putin is indeed the aggressor. And helping a victim of aggression is a legitimate move. The only right move, even moreso when it means A) making a stand for our Western way of life and B) weakening a constant thorn in our side for almost the entire last century. Are you trying to argue for or against that? S'what I don't get.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:37 AM   #397
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Apparently people are doubting there even is a war going on and this is all a big money laundering scheme.

Has there been any footage at all of the war in the same way we've seen footage of the gulf war and literally any other war in the last few decades is the general question being asked now.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 09:57 AM   #398
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Apparently people are doubting there even is a war going on and this is all a big money laundering scheme.

Has there been any footage at all of the war in the same way we've seen footage of the gulf war and literally any other war in the last few decades is the general question being asked now.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:47 AM   #399
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

The political spectrum unites against aide to Ukraine? Um, like The Marshall Plan it keeps power hungry despots in line! Xi and Un are watching and lurking so Ukraine needs to be given whatever it needs to keep U.S. bodies from dropping in WWIII. It needs to be stopped before it can expand. The protesters are complete idiots who cannot see the big picture. They need to agree and compromise for the betterment of society as a whole, but on this?
Old 02-26-2023, 01:47 PM   #400
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
The political spectrum unites against aide to Ukraine? Um, like The Marshall Plan it keeps power hungry despots in line! Xi and Un are watching and lurking so Ukraine needs to be given whatever it needs to keep U.S. bodies from dropping in WWIII. It needs to be stopped before it can expand. The protesters are complete idiots who cannot see the big picture. They need to agree and compromise for the betterment of society as a whole, but on this?
This. Not to mention questioning the truth and toll of the conflict, which can be seen daily on the faces of thousands of displaced, tortured, terrified, starving and murdered civilians is its own special and shameful kind of retarded. Even worse than being a Holocaust denier, because this time there's footage of the genocide while it's happening.