The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2023, 08:24 PM   #41
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only thing that matters is whenever the IDW run ends, that they know ahead of time to give it a proper ending. This series has been running since 2011, so after 12 years of investment from fans I'm sure they'll know ahead of time to give it proper closure when the time comes.

For all we know we may reach 200 issues in the main series, so we don't have to worry anytime soon. But as long as it gets a proper ending wrapping up most plot threads and villains, either by issue 150 or 200, it's fine by me.
Not thinking of anything else but the story and everything...My perfect ending would be a big issue 150 shebang. Maybe its stretching the games out or maybe its one final huzzah kicking the Pantheons parents butt. With the history of big huge bangs happening every 50 issues 150 would be the time to do it. Maybe an epilogue comic...but the current TMNT line up finally gets their good ending (whatever it may be). We have their stories a few times.

Then, the new TMNT pick up with the new TLR turtles. New adventures, new enemies, new world to explore, everything fresh and new. Issue #1 where issue 6 of The Lost years ends for them.

Also...
I was thinking about it...at first I was thinking they would be more archetypes of the old turtles. Now? I kind of want the new turtles to be archetypes of the major supporting characters, based off what we know so far:

Odyn - Spiritual like Bludgeon or a force of nature like Casey Jones
Uno - Aggressive like ancient Oroku Saki
Moja - honor driven like Splinter
Yi - Smart like Granny April Oneil.

They don't all have to be amazing combatants but all of them can contribute and aren't just "new (insert turtle here)".
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:27 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I feel there's too much story to wrap up by issue 150:

- Rat King must be defeated, or at least done away with in some form. He's the only Patheon member that truly seems evil and they have to do away with. The rest of them are fine and don't cause harm to humans

- Krang and Ch'rell both have to die or be locked up, to give the Utroms and Triceratons a peaceful resolution

- Null has to have some sort of conclusion as she is one of the next big villains.

- Baxter Stockman will probably be arrested eventually.

- Old Hob will probably just finally turn leaf and become "good" permanently.


Besides that I have no idea what they plan to do with Shredder at this point, so we'll see.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:55 AM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
After the large-scale extravaganza that is Armageddon Game, #150 feels way too soon to end things.

They're setting up Armaggon, Stockman will either fall upwards into an even more powerful position or be forcibly mutated into a fly by Hob, Karai is poised to become a major player, Null might stick around, plus the Utrom civil war/conflict with the Triceratons still has plenty of mileage... The only sure wrap seems to be Rat King.

I don’t know if it'll go as far as #200 or even if we're getting a Kirkman-style fakeout and AG is indeed the grand finale, but I do hope this comic does what no other TMNT comic has done and give us a proper ending.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:11 PM   #44
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
After the large-scale extravaganza that is Armageddon Game, #150 feels way too soon to end things.

They're setting up Armaggon, Stockman will either fall upwards into an even more powerful position or be forcibly mutated into a fly by Hob, Karai is poised to become a major player, Null might stick around, plus the Utrom civil war/conflict with the Triceratons still has plenty of mileage... The only sure wrap seems to be Rat King.

I don’t know if it'll go as far as #200 or even if we're getting a Kirkman-style fakeout and AG is indeed the grand finale, but I do hope this comic does what no other TMNT comic has done and give us a proper ending.
A final message for all Technodrome Folks reading this,

IDW TMNT is not ending at #150. We're planning YEARS out on multiple TMNT fronts (some that have been announced, some that have not). We're not going anywhere anytime soon. So many cool things coming (some announcements that'll make your brains explode!).

IDW is not going anywhere, either, no matter how much the constant doomsayers scream that so-called "truth" to the sky on his forum and elsewhere...over and over and over again. I've been at IDW since 2006. I like to think I have a pretty good handle on the comings/goings of the company, as well as the ups and downs. The financial reports you read are only part of the story. If ANYONE has true inside information about IDW's status, it's me, so you'll just have to believe me...or not.

There is no liberal agenda. There is no conservative agenda. I don't identify with or subscribe to either the Democrat or Republican cults. I'm registered Independent (and always recommend to my friends and family and even strangers that they do the same to send a message to the so-called powers-that-be that we're not gonna just blindly adhere to two sides of the same corrupt coin anymore) and I choose to live in the middle and make up my own mind about ALL things...usually after I educate myself beyond reading click-bait headlines and/or seeing/hearing/reading the constant scripted and fake news that the mainstream media (left AND right) continues to feed us (talk about agendas). I don't need to be told what to think -- for good or bad, I do my thinking on my own. As for the comics I write, I simply let the characters guide me and hope they lead me down a road that's as entertaining for readers as it is for me. I always chuckle when I see or read so-called "fans" screaming that we creators are being told what to write by our corporate overlords at Nickelodeon and/or IDW, when in truth, the characters have always been my true bosses. They tell me what to write. Nobody else.

Again, believe me or not.

As for this forum, I think it's time I step away. Don't get me wrong -- there are some amazing folks on here...both the fans who like what we're doing and those who do not. I've never had a problem with criticism -- hell, I welcome it as it makes me a better creator in the long run. I just can't take the juvenile bickering anymore. I'm too old for that nonsense.

It's a personal decision for me -- and I'm sure plenty of you will counter this post by saying I'm weak or too sensitive or whatever. That's okay. I know what I am. I know what I've done in my life (and a lot of it had to do with me actually carrying a rifle in foreign lands, not just writing about it). I know I'm far from weak. Thing is, I'm just too much of an...adult, I guess...to be a part of something that continues to be more and more toxic and childish with each new thread I read. I've only got so many years left on this big, blue marble of ours -- I want those years to be as positive as possible, and I only have myself to blame every time I come to this forum and consistently end up feeling like I'm banging my head against a wall of negativity and false information. At the risk of being judgmental (which I do my very best to never be) I can't decide if I'm dealing with a bunch of angry old men or angry little kids when I'm on here most of the time (not ALL of the time -- I've kept coming back for the exceptions to that -- the fun, positive threads that make me smile...even the ones that are maturely/fairly criticizing my work).

It's starting to feel like a co-dependent/abusive relationship every time I come back to this forum, and I really don't like that feeling. Not one bit. And even more, I hate contributing to it.

I do want to thank all those who whole-heartedly welcomed me to TECHNODROME way back in 2011 and over the years since. Nothing makes me happier than knowing there are so many passionate and loyal and friendly TMNT fans in this world. I've been blessed to have the opportunity to create TMNT stories for more than a decade, and sharing those tales with you all has been (and continues to be) the very best part of that opportunity for me. I hope to tell many more and will continue to tease and promote on Twitter (@tomwaltz) and Facebook. Please visit me there...I'm always good for sharing a spoiler or two that makes IDW and Nickelodeon's Marketing teams go nuts LOL!

Be good to each other.

Let go of the mainstream media-driven cults of division and remember we're in this together.

Do the research.

Think for yourself.

Don't be divided.

Don't be conquered.

See ya all in the funny papers!

Tom W.

Last edited by TomWaltz; 02-03-2023 at 02:31 PM.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:23 PM   #45
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Tom, mad respect, from me, for being independent-minded. That’s a rare and precious thing these days. Hope you don’t mean that’s your final “final” message.

Anyone trying to negate the incredible sales of tmnt comics as of late is kidding themselves. Variants or not, which obviously boost sales.
But again, NY Times best seller. That’s not every comic.
Btw thanks for helping make that book happen. TLR kicks ass.


I’ll still critique tmnt stories all day, but I love that you hang around here and share stuff with us. Although, hell maybe I’ll do the same and just make a twitter. I like that nifty “view counter” they added.

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-03-2023 at 02:43 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:41 PM   #46
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,867
and we lose yet another voice from the inside. I think there's no one left. they've been driven all away now.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #47
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: USA
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
IDW TMNT is not ending at #150. We're planning YEARS out on multiple TMNT fronts (some that have been announced, some that have not). We're not going anywhere anytime soon. So many cool things coming (some announcements that'll make your brains explode!).
Pardon if you thought I meant to think it was ending there. I was just thinking 150 would be a good point to end. I say that because I am an avid anime/anime inspired media watcher and see what happens when thing just go on for too long and it becomes a drag to keep up with (and I am somewhat obsessive, if I start something I want to finish it) or just becomes *too* much like Bleach, Dragon Ball (whichever) or RWBY. All of them were awesome for years...then it just kept dragging on. If there is lots of new comics stuff with fresh ideas on the way? Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
There is no liberal agenda. There is no conservative agenda. I don't identify with or subscribe to either the Democrat or Republican cults...

As for the comics I write, I simply let the characters guide me and hope they lead me down a road that's as entertaining for readers as it is for me.
That's why I perk up when I hear your name is involved in something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
As for this forum, I think it's time I step away. Don't get me wrong -- there are some amazing folks on here...both the fans who like what we're doing and those who do not. I've never had a problem with criticism -- hell, I welcome it as it makes me a better creator in the long run. I just can't take the juvenile bickering anymore. I'm too old for that nonsense.

It's starting to feel like a co-dependent/abusive relationship every time I come back to this forum, and I really don't like that feeling. Not one bit. And even more, I hate contributing to it.
Oh man...I guess you saw the politics Misc boards...

Seriously though, its understandable. I will probably see you on your facebook or something then...probably not twitter though. I only use twitter to see...other...things...
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #48
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
A final message for all Technodrome Folks reading this,

IDW TMNT is not ending at #150. We're planning YEARS out on multiple TMNT fronts (some that have been announced, some that have not). We're not going anywhere anytime soon. So many cool things coming (some announcements that'll make your brains explode!).
I will never forget what you've done for TMNT and will forever be a fan of your outstanding writing. Tom, I salute you!

My brains are ready!

P.S. Give us IDW Chien Khan!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:36 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I will continue to follow Tom on twitter, he regularly posts some upcoming panels or art from future issues there and hints. I know some of you don't use twitter but it might be worth it just to follow him there.

If IDW TMNT really does continue long passed issue 150 that is good news, I hope they give all the new characters they introduced their proper time. I love how many Archie Adventures comics just showed up recently, as well as Torbin Zixx from Fast Forward.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:49 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Damn, it sucks to see him go.

We've lost everyone tied directly to the franchise and I think it's a sign most of us has just gone too far off the deep end. I know fandoms can be toxic but it sucks to know I'm part of 'the most toxic TMNT forum'. I mean, I don't blame the guy, if I was legit working for Nick or IDW with upcoming Turtles projects, I kinda wouldn't have wanted my name associated with this place either.

I'm sure had Laird of Eastman ever have been member here, they sure as hell would have left by now. Especially Laird, he got no patience for this ****.

It's too late now to make any major changes, but I kinda think we should shut down the Current Events forum and possibly the Everything Else forum. I'm sure most of us have some other forums where we can vent about Trump and Biden, but this forum should be most TMNT stuff and I guess non-TMNT comics and gaming.

Yeah I know, there really isn't much to talk about the Turtles anymore except the comics, the new figures and the upcoming Rogen movie, but I mean if we're not really gonna talk about the Turtles, why are we even still here?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 02-04-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:00 PM   #51
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior
 
Zog The Magnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
There are other forums? I've only ever seen the stuff for the comics, movies, and animated shows.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:19 PM   #52
Turtle Soup
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 102
This forum is garbage and needs to die.
Turtle Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:38 PM   #53
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Soup View Post
This forum is garbage and needs to die.
Then you agree that Twitter and Facebook must go, too. Good chap.
__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:04 AM   #54
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Then you agree that Twitter and Facebook must go, too. Good chap.
Just Twitter. Facebook is still a good way to keep tabs on friends and family from out of state. I mostly use the messenger. Just don't engage in any actual FB posts. Or maybe delete Facebook but keep the messenger.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:54 PM   #55
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
There is a reason this forum's posts are dwindling and dwindling, and it's not simply due to lack of TMNT content. It's a factor, but not the whole story. Every time a big name in TMNT steps away, be it Ciro, or Tom, or others, people should pay attention to the reasons.

Who can blame Tom? He wants to engage with people consuming work he's involved in, but trying to be enthusiastic and friendly when faced with some of the feedback here is incredibly difficult and ever-depleting

When was the last time we got a decent influx of new users? During the 2012 series and CGI movie phase. My Join Date is clearly visible--that's when I jumped in here--but I was already lurking the forum for years before that.

If it were up to me, this forum would get a full software upgrade migrating it on a modern platform (such as XenForo) the fresh new look and new features would attract users. There should also be stricter moderation policies to prevent any form of harassment or inflammatory content. Online TMNT discussion groups have to grow and be inclusive to a new generation or it's just a bunch of 40yo guys talking about the 90s movie forever until we die off.

Some will say that forums are just dying in general, but I am a member of many very active forums. Their success has a lot to do with how they are operated. There's still a big demand for places to commune outside of the major social media sites.

But Krang doesn't seem to care much these days, which is unfortunate. I'm sure he's getting up there in years and just doesn't have the desire to be directly involved anymore. Which is why ultimately what is needed is a new forum under new leadership who will take a more direct involvement.

Otherwise, there's always Reddit and such.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-05-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:18 PM   #56
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
There is a reason this forum's posts are dwindling and dwindling, and it's not simply due to lack of TMNT content. It's a factor, but not the whole story. Every time a big name in TMNT steps away, be it Ciro, or Tom, or others, people should pay attention to the reasons.

Who can blame Tom? He wants to engage with people consuming work he's involved in, but trying to be enthusiastic and friendly when faced with some of the feedback here is incredibly difficult and ever-depleting

When was the last time we got a decent influx of new users? During the 2012 series and CGI movie phase. My Join Date is clearly visible--that's when I jumped in here--but I was already lurking the forum for years before that.

If it were up to me, this forum would get a full software upgrade migrating it on a modern platform (such as XenForo) the fresh new look and new features would attract users. There should also be stricter moderation policies to prevent any form of harassment or inflammatory content. Online TMNT discussion groups have to grow and be inclusive to a new generation or it's just a bunch of 40yo guys talking about the 90s movie forever until we die off.

Some will say that forums are just dying in general, but I am a member of many very active forums. Their success has a lot to do with how they are operated. There's still a big demand for places to commune outside of the major social media sites.

But Krang doesn't seem to care much these days, which is unfortunate. I'm sure he's getting up there in years and just doesn't have the desire to be directly involved anymore. Which is why ultimately what is needed is a new forum under new leadership who will take a more direct involvement.

Otherwise, there's always Reddit and such.
Forums and IRC chats are dying in general, Because they been replace by Discord servers.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:48 PM   #57
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
This forum has gotten so mean the last few years ya'll drove Waltz away, a beacon of light who has written my favorite version of the turtles. Sad days. Thanks for over a decade of bad ass stories Tom if you ever see this as I'm not on twitter, I fell off again a little while back but am really enjoying catching up once again. Not many great tmnt places to lurk anymore, tmnt reddit page doesn't have much comic discussion. I'm happy to see ronin injected so much life into the long running series though as the number of current releases is marvelesque in its sprawling reader confusion, congrats.
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:00 PM   #58
hypered1
Mad Scientist
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
This forum has gotten so mean the last few years ya'll drove Waltz away, a beacon of light who has written my favorite version of the turtles.
Well that's what happens when the mods and admins can't be bothered to enforce the rules of the forum.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 05:18 PM   #59
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Then you agree that Twitter and Facebook must go, too. Good chap.
“Social media was a mistake”

-Mark Zuckerberg.
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #60
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
“Social media was a mistake”

-Mark Zuckerberg.
Humans were a mistake.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.