The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2023, 09:23 AM   #621
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Galactus is a circular argument maker. He doesn't care about being relevant, he just wants to "win". Had you stated your own opinion he would've demanded some kind of internet "evidence", but when you cite a YouTuber he criticizes you for not generating your own opinion.

Conversation with him tends to be "talking at" each other rather than "talking with" each other. I can only imagine how people deal with him in real life. In short, he's disingenuous. He's not the worst one here by any means, but still, don't get too drawn in.



It's a term that used to describe fraternity jocks who represented maybe a total of 1,500 actual people across all of America. But now it's the new racism basically used to represent any white male who the blue-hair-mentality find themselves at odds with.
The irony is, the turtles are pretty much dudebros, especially Raph and Casey.

And no one really had a problem with them until people started with these dumbass buzzwords.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #622
TurtleManiac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KALI
Posts: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
It's a term that used to describe fraternity jocks who represented maybe a total of 1,500 actual people across all of America. But now it's the new racism basically used to represent any white male who the blue-hair-mentality find themselves at odds with.
So it’s a racial slur, basically? Keep seeing 1 or 2 members throwing that word around all over this thread. Ironically it’s the same people that say it is racist to criticize the April race-swap. But these same people are apparently anti-white. In real life you can’t choose to be white or black, but you can choose to color your hair blue, or change the color of pop culture characters.

Race swapping an established character for woke points is just lazy and meant to stir controversy. And I say this from a neutral perspective. I’m neither white or black, I’m hispanic/latino, the media just paints everything as black and white. I never cared that there wasn’t any hispanics in the old TMNT cartoon/movies, I don’t need to “see myself represented” in pop culture. And I sure wouldn’t want them changing an established character’s race just to pander to “my people”. I would much rather have them create a new character for that, instead of hand-me-downs. Keno in TMNT 2, perfect example, a new original character for the movie, well received, no racism involved.

All in all, I really don’t care that they wanna turn April black, cause I know this movie is not for me. As long as I still have my 193 episodes of the old ‘87 cartoon, the 90’s movies and the ‘84 comics, I’m set. But if it gets to the point where they start turning ‘87 cartoon April black in any future adaptions of the ‘87 cartoon universe, IE new games based on it like Shredder’s revenge, because it’s “rooted in white supremacy” or some woke BS, then that’s a problem. Never under-estimate clown world, it will never peak, it just keeps expanding.
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:52 AM   #623
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
Yeah, had this April gone by without notice and this movie failed we would've seen black April gone but now that it became political with even casuals it's likely we'll have black april for a long time. But who knows, I also thought April was never going to be an adult again since they made her a teen but that seems changing, and since new april is fat she won't even be a ninja which is also good. I just hope we can also move on from 87 sexy april. I always saw her as a motherly figure and it's only weird GenXrs who sexualized her. Scientist April plz.

But yeah even members like Vaughn who are as progressive as you can be have been called racist just for pointing out that April isn't black in the comics. But I mean that's what anyone gets for trying to correct someone who has clout.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:59 AM   #624
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
and since new april is fat she won't even be a ninja which is also good. I just hope we can also move on from 87 sexy april. I always saw her as a motherly figure and it's only weird GenXrs who sexualized her. Scientist April plz.
If she was a scientist then she mostly likely wouldn’t be fat, since she would know just how harmful it would be to carry so much weight and consume so many calories. Scientists don’t have to be unattractive nerds like how Donnie doesn’t have to wear glasses just because he’s smart.

I say bring back thin April at least.
__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:14 AM   #625
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Remember when people called April a toothpick in the 2k3 series. Well this is karma for that 20 years later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:46 AM   #626
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Remember when people called April a toothpick in the 2k3 series. Well this is karma for that 20 years later.
To be fair.... 2K3 April was still bangable though.

One thing I did hear, and this movie did kinda set the precedent for it, is once a character is raceswapped, that characters is kinda doomed to repeat that, going under the notion of 'well, we did it once, why not a second time?'. April might be the new character we'll see go black in the next new incarnation, similar to how it's popular to make Jimmy Olsen black nowadays.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-07-2023 at 12:07 PM.
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:16 PM   #627
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Yeah the issue isn't that she is black, she could have been made Indian or Asian or Muslim or whatever and it would still be a pointless change.

What's wrong with white people just being white? It's like they're saying white people just aren't good enough anymore.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:18 PM   #628
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

What's wrong with white people just being white? It's like they're saying white people just aren't good enough anymore.
More like what's wrong with redheads being white? Are there even any black redheads in real life? Not counting hair dye of course.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:20 PM   #629
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
More like what's wrong with redheads being white? Are there even any black redheads in real life? Not counting hair dye of course.
Careful -- if you ask that on social media you'll be flooded with pics. There are some uncommon (not sure how rare, but certainly not common) genetic situations where it can happen. I'm not sure if they are all bi-racial but they usually look it.

People who love seeing PoC replacing gingers in media love to point this out to everyone around them.

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-07-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:47 PM   #630
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Careful -- if you ask that on social media you'll be flooded with pics. There are some uncommon (not sure how rare, but certainly not common) genetic situations where it can happen. I'm not sure if they are all bi-racial but they usually look it.

People who love seeing PoC replacing gingers in media love to point this out to everyone around them.
Interesting, but doesn't sound as common as racebent media wants to make it seem.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 01:52 PM   #631
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Careful -- if you ask that on social media you'll be flooded with pics. There are some uncommon (not sure how rare, but certainly not common) genetic situations where it can happen. I'm not sure if they are all bi-racial but they usually look it.

People who love seeing PoC replacing gingers in media love to point this out to everyone around them.
Like that one that Disney loves. All of a sudden she was everywhere, in Solo, then Falcon & The Winter Soldier, then Willow.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:03 PM   #632
Papenbrook
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
The term "dudebro" isn't a slur; it isn't anti-white, either.

Dudebros should just stop their overdramatic reaction, as they're using the backlash to cover their bigotry.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:16 PM   #633
beardcore84
Foot Soldier
 
beardcore84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's wrong with white people just being white? It's like they're saying white people just aren't good enough anymore.
Literally no one is saying that.

Last edited by beardcore84; 03-07-2023 at 08:22 PM.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:47 PM   #634
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Literally no one is saying that. G
You got literal polls of people asking 'what are straight white men even good for?' with most people answering 'nothing' or some variation.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:12 PM   #635
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Even jerks are capable of making polls or flocking to those that appeal to them. Most people however are too busy with other stuff to bother with that petty nonsense.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:40 PM   #636
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Even jerks are capable of making polls or flocking to those that appeal to them. Most people however are too busy with other stuff to bother with that petty nonsense.
True but you can't deny there's been a bit of anti-white movement growing over the last few years. It's cool to hate white people nowadays and that's sad.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:46 PM   #637
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
True but you can't deny there's been a bit of anti-white movement growing over the last few years. It's cool to hate white people nowadays and that's sad.
And I am so. Freaking. TIRED of it. Reverse racism is still RACISM. Soft bigotry is still BIGOTRY.
__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:47 PM   #638
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Eh, they've always existed and I can't really say I've ever found those people worth worrying about. Shame that they feel that way, but if they want to live their life being bitter or petty that's on them, they aren't impacting my life.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:55 PM   #639
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
And the people saying that stuff, if you actually look at them they're mostly either feminine men or some kind of 5th wave feminism weirdos. Who in the world is interested in what these people have to say?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:23 PM   #640
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Ah, more virtue signaling as well as adding insult. If they really wanted to do it right, they would create a whole new character that can't be compared to anyone else. But these so called creators are just being lazy.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april, april o'neil, curious (black), cybercubedtheracist, dc comics, everything is racist, im offended, mirage, plastroncuckold, racist


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.