The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
hypered1
Mad Scientist
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,404
Tmnt fcbd 2024

The new era begins May 4th with 2 all-new short stories and preview of things to come!

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic...-ninja-turtles
__________________
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:45 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Wish they listed a writer as we'd maybe see who is replacing Sophie. Or if its just Tom Waltz doing this FCBD stories for that matter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:16 PM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
That reminds me. Mutant Mayhem comic series?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 11:53 AM   #4
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
I saw in a preview somewhere that they worded it as short stories in the IDW universe. I'm wondering if either after 150, the main title will split off into a new continuity, or maybe go to another publisher that isn't flailing and the minis/Last Ronin will stay at IDW?
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 12:32 PM   #5
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I saw in a preview somewhere that they worded it as short stories in the IDW universe. I'm wondering if either after 150, the main title will split off into a new continuity, or maybe go to another publisher that isn't flailing and the minis/Last Ronin will stay at IDW?
I'm not sure I follow the logic that the FCBD issue consisting of short stories is any indication of a reboot or switch in publisher. Could explain that?

Anyway, it still would not surprise me if the next writer would want to reboot or retcon the continuity, nor would it surprise me if the license goes to a different publisher, but I'm not really seeing these two scenarios having the same root cause. The first one is because the Campbell run just plain bad and most of the important things from the Waltz run were resolved in Armageddon game, so I can easily imagine the next writer just wanting a fresh start or at least getting the awkward hang-overs swiped under the rug. The second one is just because IDW is a failing company, they're probably not going to be around for much longer which means another publisher will likely snatch up the license fairly soon, not sure about IDW being allowed to publish some TMNT alongside them though, seems like an awkward arrangement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 05:01 PM   #6
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm not sure I follow the logic that the FCBD issue consisting of short stories is any indication of a reboot or switch in publisher. Could explain that?
I just thought it was a strange way to word it. Why specify "short stories in IDW universe/continuity" and not just say "short stories"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The first one is because the Campbell run just plain bad and most of the important things from the Waltz run were resolved in Armageddon game, so I can easily imagine the next writer just wanting a fresh start or at least getting the awkward hang-overs swiped under the rug.
That's subjective and no business decisions would be made on the basis of some people online saying the story is plain bad. I found the dialogue early on in Campbell's run to be pretty poorly written, paced, edited, but there's been a lot of really cool stuff over the last 50 issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The second one is just because IDW is a failing company, they're probably not going to be around for much longer which means another publisher will likely snatch up the license fairly soon, not sure about IDW being allowed to publish some TMNT alongside them though, seems like an awkward arrangement.
Who knows
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 02:50 PM   #7
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
whatever happens I would still love a TMNT/Spider-Man crossover someday
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 10:49 PM   #8
Enscripture
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 257
Uh oh He's back



https://www.freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/DEC230005
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:20 AM   #9
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant
 
Monty Mole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 373
Well that's disappointing. Thought we'd get something big for the 40th anniversary.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 08:06 AM   #10
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,847
Someone should throw a boatload of money at Frank Miller and see if he could crap out a TMNT mini-series. Seems like a no brainer.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 08:40 AM   #11
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Someone should throw a boatload of money at Frank Miller and see if he could crap out a TMNT mini-series. Seems like a no brainer.
It would be great considering the Turtles were created as an homage to Miller's art. The problem is I don't think Frank is still able to draw anymore.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:21 AM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Bet its future Raph.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 09:37 AM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Bet its future Raph.
Its possible, It could also be future Leo, future Donnie, or future Mikey.

Or.
.
.
.
.
Future Jennika
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 03:19 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Raph being the Nightwatcher is not something I really cared much about to see again, especially since Raph has gone on his own a bunch of times in IDW before even just recently. Even if by chance Nightwatcher is not Raph but someone else, it still feels repetitive.

It generally feels now like IDW is mining content from the Archie universe and other series now that they exhausted most of the Mirage, Original Cartoon, and 2k3 material. I'm still surprised Nick 2012 characters seem almost off-limits given how old the series is now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:26 AM   #15
BornAgain
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 223
Very curious as to what they will do after issue #150. It pains me to say that is be most interested in a complete reboot.

On one hand, it’s awesome that a TMNT comic has remained one of the most consistent in the industry while retaining it’s number count when even the “Big 2”‘can’t seem to do so. I’d like to see that continue.

On the other hand, I haven’t been a consistent reader since well before issue #100 because it just wasn’t clicking with me. To me, a reboot means a chance to bring in a fresh voice and perspective.

As I’m typing this, I can’t shake the idea that throwing away the current IDW universe, with its unique origin and all the TLC it’s been given, does seem overzealous. If it’s a new TMNT universe I want, The Last Ronin has expanded and seems to be interested in covering multiple generations of TMNT. Maybe it’s best to just let the ongoing keep doing it’s thing then. I could just be looking for the jolt of excitement that a new ongoing brings.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 05:24 AM   #16
martinitolove
Hench Mutant
 
martinitolove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 259
I'd like the comic to continue well past #150. With Campbell working only in a few miniseries I can live. I hope the new writer gets away with wokeness and really unneeded female and gay characters. (Whatever you do and with whom you do it, just keep it in your bed. The same goes for religion.) I love where Karai's plot is going. And I love IDW universe too much. You can make it truly shine again! Maybe the new writer will be Matheus Santoluoco?
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 09:32 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
I feel like "The Last Ronin" series is already IDW's reboot, which is why they won't reboot the main series. They already have a separate new ongoing continuity, so we don't need another.

Sophie's run has been a real mixed bag, but I don't see any reason to think the series can't have good stories with different writers going forward. Most of the old plots have been wrapped up (Rat King/The Pantheon, Krang/Ch'rell, Mutant Town, Shredder, Bishop, Hun, the gang of 4, Dr. Barlow, Null, etc), and most of the other villains are mostly allies now like Karai and Koya/Bludgeon, Old Hob, Leatherhead, Bebop/Rocksteady (if they stay under Karai's control), etc.

The only real wild card is Baxter Stockman right now but it also seems like Sally/April and the others are keeping him under lock and key. If they wrap up Armaggon by issue 150 they'll have an almost clean slate going forward.

There really aren't many loose ends left to cover besides whenever Waltz handles the Archie universe stuff he set-up but that probably won't be for a long time. He can also bring back Maligna who hasn't appeared since that Turtles in space arc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 11:10 AM   #18
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Someone should throw a boatload of money at Frank Miller and see if he could crap out a TMNT mini-series. Seems like a no brainer.
30 years ago, maybe. Now it would literally be just a pile of crap.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 11:12 AM   #19
Jeff
Stone Warrior
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: I heard the sewers in Connecticut are nice.
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Bet its future Raph.
I'm hoping it's just Raphael in this timeline. I'd love to see more 2007 arcs continued on, and it The Last Ronin is already a future/alternate timeline that's being explored. It would be cool to see the turtles separate, going on their own adventures, building up their own cast of characters for a while. We're already seeing some of that, and it's been building up to something like that all of Campbell's run.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.