The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2023, 05:19 PM   #1541
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
A couple more.....

IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 01:46 PM   #1542
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Any takers on the stuff in that image just above?
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:47 AM   #1543
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Any takers on the stuff in that image just above?
Are D and E from the Rambo toys?
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #1544
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Are D and E from the Rambo toys?
I just saw your reply here - thank you.
Turns out the sword is from a 90's G.I. Joe Hall of Fame Storm Shadow figure....

I'm going to look into the Rambo belt idea - that might be a good call....


Last edited by IMJ; 03-18-2024 at 02:06 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 06:05 AM   #1545
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I just saw your reply here - thank you.
Turns out the sword is from a 90's G.I. Joe Hall of Fame Storm Shadow figure....

I'm going to look into the Rambo belt idea - that might be a good call....

https://i.imgur.com/vX1dKShl.jpg
I just looked through a bunch of pictures of Rambo figures, and I don't think the ammo belt is from that line. The color of it reminded me of some of my old Rambo stuff, but it seems too small given what I saw in the pics I looked through. How big is the ammo belt compared to one of those sais that are pictured? Maybe it's actually a belt for a GI Joe?

Also, that sword appears to be the same one packaged with another Joe figure called Jinx, a red female ninja, though who knows how many figures those same swords may have been bundled with. But The Storm Shadow you mentioned is a different scale, so maybe not.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 05:04 PM   #1546
super curry max
Hench Mutant
 
super curry max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sterling, IL
Posts: 474
Is this a tmnt thing? It's thinish cardboard like a cereal box.
__________________
Try not to die.

Last edited by super curry max; 04-28-2025 at 05:20 PM.
super curry max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:22 PM   #1547
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842


The net is really driving me nuts because I feel like it's Kenner but it's not the Robin Hood Net Launcher net....

Also, these palm trees are driving me crazy - they have foot pegs at the base as well. If anything, maybe they would make a cool Slash accessory....

Last edited by IMJ; 03-17-2024 at 04:42 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 04:42 PM   #1548
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
I can't believe it - no sooner did I post the Palm Trees here and then I turned around found them. They are from MPC Toys as accessories for plastic army men....

So back to it....


Last edited by IMJ; 03-18-2024 at 02:06 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 07:30 PM   #1549
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior
 
joe-eyeball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I just saw your reply here - thank you.
Turns out the sword is from a 90's G.I. Joe Hall of Fame Storm Shadow figure....

I'm going to look into the Rambo belt idea - that might be a good call....

https://i.imgur.com/vX1dKShl.jpg
I know this is from a while back but isn’t that belt from the Shoulders figure from the Playmates Dick Tracy line?
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 09:17 PM   #1550
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can't believe it - no sooner did I post the Palm Trees here and then I turned around found them. They are from MPC Toys as accessories for plastic army men....

So back to it....

https://i.imgur.com/Zmo70KNh.jpg
The net might be from Hook for the lost boys and the ax is lego.
__________________
Join my Patreon to help production for my Tmnt/GIJoe fan-comic
https://www.patreon.com/cw/lonewarrior20



"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 11:44 PM   #1551
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier
 
Anima Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I can't believe it - no sooner did I post the Palm Trees here and then I turned around found them. They are from MPC Toys as accessories for plastic army men....

So back to it....

https://i.imgur.com/Zmo70KNh.jpg
Hey, number 7 came with Repteel from Street Sharks.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:01 PM   #1552
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I know this is from a while back but isn’t that belt from the Shoulders figure from the Playmates Dick Tracy line?
That's awesome man, thank you. SOOoooo long trying to figure out that belt. Belt I.D. is almost as bad as missile I.D., omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
The net might be from Hook for the lost boys and the ax is lego.
I never would've figured out the axe - thanks dude. I still can't find that net though. I crawled through some Hook stuff on eBay and nothing. And then that made me think "Waterworld" but still nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Gemini View Post
Hey, number 7 came with Repteel from Street Sharks.
Another hit, thank you! This makes sense I'd have these lingering here - earlier it turned out I had Repteel's Backpack lying around as well. Thanks again.....
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:17 PM   #1553
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior
 
joe-eyeball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 708
Is the red sword (#2) from a chrome dome reissue perhaps? Hard to tell

http://figurerealm.com

Use the above link as good reference source. Cool site and very handy. Click on features at the top and then checklists.

Last edited by joe-eyeball; 03-18-2024 at 03:26 PM.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:23 PM   #1554
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
Is the red sword (#2) from a chrome dome reissue perhaps? Hard to tell
No it's a little small. Everything here is some kind of vintage original anyway. It all comes from a collection I bought going back almost 20 years ago now....

I try to identify stuff piecemeal here and there.

Here's the thing about that net - it looks nothing like the Robinhood Net Launcher net. Here is a comparison...



It's a different color altogether and look at the part that launches out of the launcher - the Robinhood Net has a sort of "monster head" on it while the one I'm identifying is just a "log".

Last edited by IMJ; 03-18-2024 at 03:29 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 03:38 PM   #1555
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior
 
joe-eyeball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
No it's a little small. Everything here is some kind of vintage original anyway. It all comes from a collection I bought going back almost 20 years ago now....

I try to identify stuff piecemeal here and there.

Here's the thing about that net - it looks nothing like the Robinhood Net Launcher net. Here is a comparison...

https://i.imgur.com/peFmmPUl.jpg

It's a different color altogether and look at the part that launches out of the launcher - the Robinhood Net has a sort of "monster head" on it while the one I'm identifying is just a "log".
Yeah I ended up editing my post because I went and looked at mine and realized the nets are definitely not the same. That’s trouble with going off of memory sometimes
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 04:36 PM   #1556
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier
 
Anima Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Another hit, thank you! This makes sense I'd have these lingering here - earlier it turned out I had Repteel's Backpack lying around as well. Thanks again.....
You’re welcome dude. That’s awesome. Solving these are fun. I went back a few pages out of curiousity to see if I recognized anything else in your earlier post. Did you ever ID that red crossbow in the first pic of post #1467, page 74? It’s from the Power Rangers Shogun Megazord.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:35 PM   #1557
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Gemini View Post
Did you ever ID that red crossbow in the first pic of post #1467, page 74? It’s from the Power Rangers Shogun Megazord.
I cant believe you brought that up just now - I was staring at that thing today a few hours ago wondering what it belonged to. And then, after you posted this I used this listing to identify a few more with it....



Do you have any idea what each one is called? I don't know who they belong to in the Zord components but for example, "Blue Wolf Shogun Zord Super Hippie Crossbow" or something like that?

-EDIT - Found the PDF instructions here

Thank you, Anima!

Last edited by IMJ; 03-18-2024 at 06:47 PM.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 08:00 PM   #1558
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier
 
Anima Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I cant believe you brought that up just now - I was staring at that thing today a few hours ago wondering what it belonged to. And then, after you posted this I used this listing to identify a few more with it....

https://i.imgur.com/NZN6mHbm.jpg

Do you have any idea what each one is called? I don't know who they belong to in the Zord components but for example, "Blue Wolf Shogun Zord Super Hippie Crossbow" or something like that?

-EDIT - Found the PDF instructions here

Thank you, Anima!
You're welcome man! Sometimes I'm spooky like that lol. They should have called it the super hippie crossbow and the others should have been the tubular tuning fork and the radical rake. I still don't know how those are daggers and a spear.

It's fun helping to solve lingering mysteries. Now if I could just figure out that dang net. Then I would be on a roll. It's a different mold, but still similar enough to Robin Hood that I was thinking it could possibly be from another Kenner toy line. I was already aware that they re-used a lot of parts from DC and Star Wars for that line. That led me to this site:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/kenners-robin-hood/

Looking into it a bit more via that site, the mold for the Net Launcher wasn't an Ewoks thing from the Star Wars line like I originally thought it might be, but was from a line called Bone Age:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...00/Weapons.jpg

The colors are a closer match, but it's still not the right mold. If they modified it later for a different release, it could still be Kenner, but this line of thought could just be a dead end. I decided to share this anyway just in case it helps. Hopefully it doesn't send people on a wild goose chase though. The fact that Robin Hood was brought up and it shares so much with other lines made me think it might be worth looking into.

Last edited by Anima Gemini; 03-18-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 07:26 PM   #1559
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
Here are two more unique weapons....



Both have a hole on the bottom for some kind of peg as well.
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:47 PM   #1560
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier
 
Anima Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Here are two more unique weapons....

https://i.imgur.com/4bWQ4LQl.jpg

Both have a hole on the bottom for some kind of peg as well.
Those came with the Vactory released in the mid 90's. You used it to make your own Vac Pac to fight Stretch Armstrong.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.