![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Splinter's Dojo (Scholastic novel)
I'll start by saying I have never found the concept of "Ninja Turtles go to grade school" particularly interesting, which makes me really lukewarm on contemporary shows like Tales of the TMNT or Teeny Tiny Turtle Tots (or whatever it's called), but this newly released illustrated novel by "Dan & Jason" (can't say a thing about their other works like Barb the Last Berzerker), but it's a much more clever take on the concept.
The artwork is very charming and has the overall feel of somebody taking TMNT action figure from multiple generation toylines and throwing them all in the sandbox with a crazy story. Again, I highly recommend fans check it out! It's currently offered for sale in paperback and a hardback with dust cover (got it for the same price thanks to Amazon's current price): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GGN9VDS5 Spoiler:
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
|
Haha, bonus points for including Pizza Face's gross second head.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I like to think the late David Arshawsky would be proud of that detail!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
... So Ninjara is a character in this but not Karai?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2025
Posts: 503
|
Who’s Karai?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
A character who didn't vanish before the 90's ended.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2025
Posts: 503
|
Aw, CyberCubed’s answer would have been funnier with a possibly of also being substantially more politically incorrect.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
|
who the heck is Battle Axe?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
So what? Her dad is Nagi? Or is it like the whole "Chris Moltisanti is Tony's 'nephew' kinda" thing?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Wow...
I really assumed that was a supposed to be a boy. Androgynous-Gender-Netural-Coded media strikes again! I just figured it was an IDW comics character I had forgotten about from the Mutant Town arc!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
Huh, come to think of it, my misinterpretation of April in the Mutant Mayhem storyboards is actually correct here, she is a teacher.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
And with a career!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,425
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
|
I'm guessing she's an original character. I think I'd remember a mutant axlotl with THAT punny of a name if it were part of a previous iteration.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
I don't think she ever gets mentioned in the text of the book (haven't read the whole thing closely) but is this the Pantheon's "Rat Queen" who featured in Saturday Morning Adventures?
Spoiler:
(Far left of left-hand page, to the left of Muckman and Fugitoid)
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
|
Yeah that’s definitely her. Female rat with a little scarf and a tunic with pointy shoulder pads.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2025
Posts: 503
|
Woah! I just realized! ToTheNines! Add it to the tally board! White April!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
|
Quote:
My hypothesis about people just putting in characters in line with what toys they had as a kid seems more plausible than ever... Though I suppose a character that was relatively recently created for a comic book that got canned a few weeks ago does seem to be a bit of an outlier. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2025
Posts: 503
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| bad things, books (children), pedo bear, school to prison pipeline |
|
|