The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
TMNT Spoiler Discussion (Spoilers ;)

With the movie so close, i'm sure sooner or later we'll be seeing Spoilers, hopefully people will use spoiler tags and label threads accordingly,

anyways I just saw this on the Toy discussion (only putting spoiler tags in case someone opened the thread accidentally)

Spoiler:
http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_itemId=54999&g2_page=7

So a lot of people speculated on his return, and this confirms it. I like him and seems to be influenced by new toon shredder, only more realistic, I wish the color wasn't that same/similar blue.

You can also see other of the monsters, Raphaels vigilante costume etc on those pictures.





sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Well the thread is marked as spoilers already so I'm not using spoiler posts.

Doesn't surprise me. I think he will probably be resurrected though at the end or something. But just because they made a toy doesn't ensure he will be in it. He will be in the game however. And I think Laird likes that new Shredder look because he used in in Volume 4 too.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
That could just be the flashback Shredder. Then again flashback Shredder would be in the pink outfit he wore in film 1 (see my avatar).
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
yea no need for Spoiler tags, i just did it on my first post in case someone clicked 'next thread' and read a potential spoiler,

I didn't know about his look on Vol.4, but I do think the toy kind of almost confirms him,
Every universe except the comics Shredder always ends up being the main baddie, they couldn't make a new movie without him (though karai and foot were a good replacement).
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
The thing with Shredder in Vol 4 is that it's not Oroku Saki.. it's Oroku Yoshi and not only is he cute but a good guy. I just wish we knew more about his origins and how he got in the Nexus.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
The thing with Shredder in Vol 4 is that it's not Oroku Saki.. it's Oroku Yoshi and not only is he cute but a good guy. I just wish we knew more about his origins and how he got in the Nexus.
either that or jim lawson is doing whatever he wants...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #7
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
The thing with Shredder in Vol 4 is that it's not Oroku Saki.. it's Oroku Yoshi and not only is he cute but a good guy. I just wish we knew more about his origins and how he got in the Nexus.
We can't be too sure about him. After all, we only just met him.

Okay, off topic I know but, those are some damn fine looking figures.

I really wan't that Jedi Leo.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Anyone ever think it might be Oroku Yoshi in the movie? That would explain the outfit better. I can't wait for the Super Shredder Bros. videogame though. It oughtta be sweet.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Anyone ever think it might be Oroku Yoshi in the movie? That would explain the outfit better. I can't wait for the Super Shredder Bros. videogame though. It oughtta be sweet.
Yoshi was just introududed, in a comic series that not alot of people read. I'm 100% sure that aint Oroku Yoshi.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:17 PM   #10
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I saw the figurines and I thought that Raphael was as muscular in the new toy mold as he was in the older toy models. Just wondering about this since the stink about the turtles being too thin on the new CGI movie. Also, people say that the turtles were thin in the original comics, but they didn't look thin to me at all. They looked more squat, but not slender.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #11
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
I gotta say -- this Oroku Yoshi guy sounds interesting. How do y'all think he's related to Hamato and all the people of his family? Like, could he be a cousin or something?
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Ok comic book fans, can we get a pic of Oroku Yoshi (what's next Hamato Saki... )
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #13
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
I gotta say -- this Oroku Yoshi guy sounds interesting. How do y'all think he's related to Hamato and all the people of his family? Like, could he be a cousin or something?
His name Oroku is likely his last name, which might make hime a relative of the real Shredder Oroku Saki, and maybe his brother Oroku Nagi.
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabunga14 View Post
I gotta say -- this Oroku Yoshi guy sounds interesting. How do y'all think he's related to Hamato and all the people of his family? Like, could he be a cousin or something?
Well, in Japan, family names are first names. And, I believe someone posted that he is a relative of Oroku Saki. I'm just putting the idea out there that the Movie Shredder toy might be Oroku Yoshi because his armor is designed like that comic character's plus the fact that he lacks claw marks on his face. It seems pretty undeniable to me.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:27 AM   #15
Murphy
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts US
Posts: 78
The Whadder?

Now who went and said the Shredder's in the film? Hmmm.
Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #16
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Now who went and said the Shredder's in the film? Hmmm.
no one they are speculating.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
It's just reasonable to believe since there's a Movie Shredder figure at the link posted above. So, this is deductive reasoning, right?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
Murphy
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts US
Posts: 78
It's not elementary, my dear Gobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It's just reasonable to believe since there's a Movie Shredder figure at the link posted above. So, this is deductive reasoning, right?
Sure, it's deductive reasoning.

But one that is based on the assumption that the Movie Shredder figure is in turn based on a Shredder character that appears in the movie... and not on some toy exec trying to move a few zillion newly (and rather coolly) designed Shredder figures predicated on the belief that since the public knows the character, then why not create an action figure... even if the character isn't in the movie?

You know... "literary license."
Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #19
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
It's just reasonable to believe since there's a Movie Shredder figure at the link posted above. So, this is deductive reasoning, right?
Or just common sense.

I mean, he's got a figure, he's in the upcomming game, he's the only known TMNT villian by the general public, in some way or another he's gotta be in the movie.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #20
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Oooo I hope they make an Archie movie figure!!!
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.