The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
I miss Usagi. :(

While their are quite a few things that I miss from the TMNT 2k3 BFF, (before Fast Forward) their is one thing that I miss probably the most. That is the appearance of our favorite samarai rabbit Miyamoto Usagi. The episodes he were in were always some of the best animated adventures the show's team ever put together. I just watched Samarai Tourist and it's just sad not to see this rabbit warrior no longer. I'm hoping he is one of the allies mentioned in the synoposis for the Lost Season's episode where they all battle the original Shredder. We miss you Usagi! If only we could get a spin-off.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
They handled him well in the new 'toon, I think. It makes me want to go find the Battle Nexus DVD or something - Usagi + nice animation = yes. I miss him, too.

Though... I hope they leave him out of Fast Forward. Heaven knows what horrible angular beast the art style would turn him into.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Did they change the artists for the making of FF? I was just wondering.

And yeah, Usagi was definitely a pleasure to watch when he had his cameos.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Creator, Stan Sakai, would not allow him to be in FF. His arm was twisted to get Usagi for the classic show. He's not even fully satisfied with the 2K3 appearances. And, FF is a good example of why he doesn't want a series. While it might start out with him in control, when he goes off too make the movie, the show will devolve into a joke.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
howsabout space usagi?
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:57 AM   #6
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
I'm hoping he is one of the allies mentioned in the synoposis for the Lost Season's episode where they all battle the original Shredder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
Though... I hope they leave him out of Fast Forward. Heaven knows what horrible angular beast the art style would turn him into.
Not a chance. Stan Sakai said that neither in Lost Season nor in Fast Forward would Usagi appear.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I tried to get him (Mr. Sakai) behind me to lobby for the inclusion of the Space Usagi pilot ep on the classic 'toon TMNT DVD that had the only two Usagi eps included. He didn't like the idea. My best guess is that it's because it was done without Sakai's explicit permission or input, or Fred Wolf Films (or whoever commissioned the show) just conned him out of royalties for Space Usagi being a different character from Usagi. Either way, Mr. Sakai isn't thrilled with the idea of Usagi starring in a television series. He fears that the character would be watered-down and end up losing the fans' respect. In as much as another American, independant comic, Lady Death, got a direct-to-video movie from an anime distributor, going to ADV Films with the concept might be the best hope of ever getting any such thing brought into this world.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 AM   #8
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Not a chance. Stan Sakai said that neither in Lost Season nor in Fast Forward would Usagi appear.
When did he say this? Do you have a source that we can read this quote from? And when did he say he wasn't satisfied with his 2k3 appearance?
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #9
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
When did he say this? Do you have a source that we can read this quote from?
Voila: http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum/viewto...r=asc&start=30
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
In the Battle Nexus DVd bonus feature, Stan seem fine with his charater in the New TMNT series. But that feature was made a few years before the annoucement of the FF series.

And yes, I think it is wise for FF to not include Usagi.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault View Post
And yes, I think it is wise for FF to not include Usagi.
There was the Usagi Utrom last week, or atleast it sounded like him
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #12
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Well I went to that link and nowhere does it say about Usagi not being in the Lost Season. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:02 AM   #13
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
Well I went to that link and nowhere does it say about Usagi not being in the Lost Season. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Right on, let's try this once again:

http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum/viewto...?p=15081#15081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Sakai
Question: I wonder... are Usagi and Gen going to appear in the currently aired TMNT Fast Forward season? Or in the Season Five a.ka. Lost Season that is supposed to be released on DVD only?

Stan Sakai's answer: Usagi (and Gen's) appearances in the TMNT are over, at least for now. Their last appearance was, I think, Samurai Tourists.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
that is to bad. I really liked Usagi. I really ate up the strong friendship and bond that Leo and him had with one another. They where just so perfectly in tooned with one another that I loved it. I even like old toon Usagi as well, even though that version 0f the franchise was much more light hearted.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 PM   #15
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
I miss Usagi too. I'd much rather watch a Usagi series than Fast Forward.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #16
Nexxorcist
Thug
 
Nexxorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Did they change the artists for the making of FF? I was just wondering.
nope, same team. it was just a style change. one of the main reasons for it was to make it easier for the animation company, dong woo, to animate the characters on model.

i think with the lost season, a lot of the animation quality was slipping, and the director thought the new style angular style without the thick and thin lines, because those can get pretty complicated when animating, would help keep the quality at a good consistent level.
Nexxorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #17
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
post 100 yay. Anyways... I liked all of Usagi's appearances, but putting him in fast forward would have crippled if not signifcantly hurt his appearance.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them

Last edited by shuriken; 01-13-2007 at 07:48 PM.
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.