The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #21
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
It was an awkward moment, but I believe that it was meant to be. My feeling was, Casey didn't WANT to do that, but only did it to look better in April's eyes.

*cough*shameless story pimpage ahead*cough* My take on it can be seen here.


As for embarrassing things... I'll really have to think on it. Right off the bat, the burping and farting things just don't do it for me... Other than that, I'll have to reflect.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #22
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
I was wondering if there were ever any moments in the show where you were embarrased to be watching it.
Take a good look at your username. That character was a huge embarrassment to witness. Ugh. I hated every N.A.N.O. episode. You could say the same with Garbageman.

And a lot of Fast Forward was an embarrassment to watch... and that was in solitude.

Oh yeah, and thumb up to the fart jokes from The Ancient One. Pure unnecessary. I'm pretty sure there were other methods that could've been taken for the audience to underestimate him.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #23
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Some of the things that come out of Mikey's mouth embarasses me, especially if some one is in ear shot.

One thing that embarassed me was is when the boys get alittle overly silly or act out od character. And yeah the potty humour kind of makes me cringe on occassion.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #24
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Mikey: "I'm the king of the world!"
Twice even! Once in the 2K3 ep, "Beginning of the End", then again in a Farce Forward ep.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:47 PM   #25
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Meh...
Mikey is being the embarrassing younger bro, and perfectly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Mikey: "I'm the king of the world!"
Twice even! Once in the 2K3 ep, "Beginning of the End", then again in a Farce Forward ep.
I laughed. I laughed when DiCaprio said it also. I hated Titanic.

TMNT makes me smile and laugh too much for me to really be embarrassed by any of it. FF makes me laugh too, and often not in the nice way. I think that's ok. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #26
mikey2007
Hench Mutant
 
mikey2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 304
i wasn't a big fan of the nano and garbageman episodes, and definitely didn't like the april's artifact one, i don't know why, it just didn't appeal to me, lol maybe it was the song, i dunno, but they could have did the episode better...but with this said, none of this stuff is embarrassing, borderline yes, but not really. Also on the ancient one farting, i didn't mind it cuz it was to 'underestimate' his character (which i knew it was him anyways) but still it was also kind of borderline too much farting, but glad they dropped it, other than that i haven't had any problems with the farting or burping in the series, some people just need to lighten up on this stuff, its supposed to be lighthearted

...just my 2 cents
__________________

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #27
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Heh, I agree, the theme song is pretty painful. And the guy singing the FF theme song sounds like he's gonna choke on his own "coolness" throughout.

I always cringed when the Turtles were riding around on their various scooters, bikes, skateboards and roller blades... especially the scooter

The earlier episodes are a bit embarassing, because the show hadn't really established itself and had some lame rip-offs of the old show or movies. And whenever the Turtles listen to rap music, or when the show tries to show off street life or gang life without knowing much about it, it's kind of embarassing.

Edit: I just remembered those awful moments in "Prodigal Son" when Leo kept approaching everybody and they just all kept shaking his hand or patting his shoulder. Lame!

Last edited by Rooish; 12-24-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.