The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #21
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Stand By Me is awesome.


ON TOPIC -

Um, Don. Yes. Don.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:28 PM   #22
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
To Ecto Cooler, if you're interested. Some of my favorite Corey movies are The Goonies (which you should watch, that movie is a trip!) Stand By Me, and License to Drive. He also had a bit part in Gremlins.
Did you just call me Ecto-Cooler?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #23
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I did, didn't I. Where in the hell did that come from. I think I heard someone called that and it got stuck in my brain. Sorry Ecto 1 Oh, I mean Ecto Jedi. I won't do it again, but I am also too lazy to re-edit my posts.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #24
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I did, didn't I. Where in the hell did that come from. I think I heard someone called that and it got stuck in my brain. Sorry Ecto 1 Oh, I mean Ecto Jedi. I won't do it again, but I am also too lazy to re-edit my posts.
Yeah, I understand -- there actually was another dude on here by the name of Ecto_Cooler.

Just don't let it happen again.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #25
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Corey Feldman was also in Lost Boys.

While I can relate most to Mikey, then Raph, my fave is Don.
Leo is my least fave, but it doesn't mean I don't like him. He represents the least compatible personality with mine.
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #26
Class is Pain 101
Thug
 
Class is Pain 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 51
1.Donatello
2.Raphael
3.Mikey
4.Leo

Mikey used to be my favorite as a kid, but Donnie is now, Raph and Mike's places switch often, but I will always hate Leo.
__________________
Dont give me orders- Casey Jones
Class is Pain 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 AM   #27
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
My favorite always has been and always will be Mikey. Despite the fact that I really do share traits with all four Turtles, Mike is just the one that I've latched onto. I love how he can be so care-free and goofy but then a total badass when he needs to be.

The traditional order I've held is:
Mike
Don
Raph
Leo

But the 2k3 series really made me like Leo a lot more, so those last three spots have somewhat fluctuated in recent years.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #28
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
Stand By Me is awesome.


ON TOPIC -

Um, Don. Yes. Don.
Why is Donnatello so great?


__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #29
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist
 
MadPirateBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: in the basement
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aignatius View Post
Corey Feldman was also in Lost Boys.
love that movie!
__________________







Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #30
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Jo Dawn, I agree with you that Don's voice should be softer. Sometimes in the new toon I think his VA really overacts though... he sounds a little too whiny. He's actually the reason why Don is my "least favourite," although the movie version doesn't help, either. If only the comics existed, he'd be a near-favourite but I don't think anyone knows how to portray him well otherwise. (Plus I basically am Mikey, although I'm second-most like Don.) I can't wait to see him in the new movie. I have a feeling he will own it, although subtly.

But getting to my point, I thought movie Don was a terrible representation of Don, but a really cool character in his own right. He got all the really sharp, funny lines (heh, like the Kodak moment). He was more of a comic book nerd than a sensitive introvert in the movies, and for that I though Corey Feldman was bang-on. Heh, Don was hilarious. What was with that straw hat he was wearing during training? And he was wandering around the farm humming "Old Macdonald." He was pretty hilarious, albeit not exactly a thoughtful genius. His role was too small, though.

Warhorse, I LOVE The Goonies! Man I gotta rent that.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #31
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post

But getting to my point, I thought movie Don was a terrible representation of Don, but a really cool character in his own right. He got all the really sharp, funny lines (heh, like the Kodak moment). He was more of a comic book nerd than a sensitive introvert in the movies, and for that I though Corey Feldman was bang-on. Heh, Don was hilarious. What was with that straw hat he was wearing during training? And he was wandering around the farm humming "Old Macdonald." He was pretty hilarious, albeit not exactly a thoughtful genius. His role was too small, though.
Well... Yeah. The movies (except the second, and the third to a degree) were the worst representation of Don ever. The first one was the worst. Gladly, we've been reassured that he won't be like that in the new movie, by Kevin himself. However, I never thought Don was funny in the first movie. In fact, I sat there, head in hands, very disappointed.

Though I was thinking last night, that really, my grudge wasn't so much with Feldman as the voice (though I still don't LOVE) but with his poor characterization overall.

And iris... I... I don't even know where to START with that... You'll have to give me a minute.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #32
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
He got all the really sharp, funny lines (heh, like the Kodak moment). He was more of a comic book nerd than a sensitive introvert in the movies, and for that I though Corey Feldman was bang-on. Heh, Don was hilarious. What was with that straw hat he was wearing during training? And he was wandering around the farm humming "Old Macdonald." He was pretty hilarious, albeit not exactly a thoughtful genius.
'Exactly why I think Don's portrayal in the first movie was the greatest.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #33
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I wanna hear Jo Dawn's reasons that Don is the best. I'm sure she can give a much better list than I could give for Mikey.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #34
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Rooish, is that Raph or Mikey in the avatar? I can't tell.

As to who is my favorite turtle? I love tham all just about equally, with a slight more bit of emphasis on Michaelangelo. I fell in love with Michaelangelo and his portrayal in the classic cartoon. He was cool and laid back and fun. the new toons Michaelangelo took a little getting used too but a came to love him him too, and I like the edge they gave him in the new toon.

other than that all the turtles i love.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Rooish, is that Raph or Mikey in the avatar? I can't tell.
It's Mikey, you can see the orange.

Plus the name, Rooish=Mikey.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #36
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior
 
JetsAndHeels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 596
Leo is my favorite...always has been. I like that he is the leader and has a strong will. He is the most disciplined and puts family above everything else. Of course like everyone else here I love them all. After Leo i guess it would be Raph, Mike, and then Don.
__________________
JetsAndHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #37
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Thanks, ThemanthatwouldbeRaph.

Sage Ninja, I'm not sure how much you read the comics (sorry, you might have said before but I forget). In the new comics one of the characters (Shadow) calls Mikey "Rooish" as a nickname. I thought it was pretty cute.

My avatar is Mikey; he has some subtle differences in face shape in the movies from Raph, although their bandannas did look like a similar colour because Mikey wore a dark saturated orange bandanna.

And JetsAndHeels, I hear ya there. I really do love all the guys. I suppose I ranked them in order of how much I enjoy them.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #38
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Thanks, ThemanthatwouldbeRaph.

Sage Ninja, I'm not sure how much you read the comics (sorry, you might have said before but I forget). In the new comics one of the characters (Shadow) calls Mikey "Rooish" as a nickname. I thought it was pretty cute.

My avatar is Mikey; he has some subtle differences in face shape in the movies from Raph, although their bandannas did look like a similar colour because Mikey wore a dark saturated orange bandanna.
Oh, Rooish is Mikey's nick name That is diffrent. Whyt does shadow call him that, was there a reason given? Does she have cute nick names for the other turtles. And you are right Mike and Raph do look diffrent in most of the movies, but the freckles kinda through me because genrally Live ACTION MIKEY didn't have freckles, so I thought it could be Raph.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #39
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Oh, Rooish is Mikey's nick name That is diffrent. Whyt does shadow call him that, was there a reason given? Does she have cute nick names for the other turtles.
I believe the story on the name is that Peter Laird's daughter had a cat named Mikey and over the years the nickname for the cat evolved through several names to Rooish, so he decided to use that in the book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #40
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Mike to Mikeroo to Rooish as I understand it.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.